PN_man

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si (Lunar Silver)
Country flag
I wore the stock Contis past the wear bars last summer and had NO issues with stability in rain whatsoever. Drove through a storm so bad you couldn't see 50 feet ahead of you and they still never got scary. I would think there's something weird with your rear suspension alignment or you're turning your steering wheel way too quickly and destabilizing your car cause I drove this car hard in the rain and it never got scary like you say. I did replace the Contis with the DWS06+ and putting them on this week-end so we'll see how it goes. They're supposed to be much quieter cause the stock tires were horrible, my winters are quieter than the all seasons....

All in all, maybe get an alignment just in case, there may be some weird toe settings outback causing your fishtailing. And better tires(more expensive most of the time) are 100% worth it. Cheaper chinese tires may grip just as well but they won't last, have as much grip or be very loud. You can't just be cheaper and better all around as far as tires go, they will be worse in one or more areas.

It's also the only thing that's touching the ground on your car, therefore the most important item to invest in in my opinion.
The DWS06+ are a lot quieter than the OEM Goodyear All-seasons my car came with. Now it feels like the exhaust is a little loud/droning in my SI since I can suddenly hear it.
Sponsored

casper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport Hatchback (6MT)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
If you‘re REALLY serious about ‘all-around’ driving, sell the 18s for a set of 17s. You won’t lose much handling, the tires are a bit cheaper and you’ll have more selection. ANY tire can handle the type of driving you mention. Most people here are still talking expensive tires, but most of them seem pricey to me at this range

The Yokohama Advan Sport all-season is priced okay. I used to have some Avid S4s on my Passat, and they were incredible, right down to when they were bald! (No exaggeration, but the car probably had a bit to do with it as well
)
Was considering of going down to 17” if I get new set of wheels
 did you do this? Did you just run the stock tire size for 17” OEM wheels or did you go wider?

CVTsport18

Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloster N DCT
Country flag
Believe it or not, I don’t think they torqued the alignment components properly from the factory on mine.

About a month into buying a brand new Civic Hatchback Sport (8 miles on the odometer when I drove it off the lot), I noticed excessive pulling on a smooth tollway
 at first I thought the LKAS was being weird, but it would happen all the time. Turns out the alignment went out of whack with just normal driving.

Since then, it seems like an alignment every 6 months hasn’t been completely unnecessary with my 18” OEM wheels and unavoidable potholes. Moral of the story is, these cars might have relatively sensitive alignments.

Always worth to check it proactively at least, if you’ve taken to driving over curbs or are getting new tires.
I agree with this and also want to say that my '18 needed an alignment at it's first maintenance service. It was just outside of spec a year and ~5k miles after purchase. The roads where I was the first few months of ownership were rough.

OP
OP
SonicGrayPearl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport
Country flag
I agree with this and also want to say that my '18 needed an alignment at it's first maintenance service. It was just outside of spec a year and ~5k miles after purchase. The roads where I was the first few months of ownership were rough.
Well, where I live they are literally ripping up every road in town to replace water lines. There are potholes in some of these roads big enough to park the damn car in.

I'm going in for four new tires here in a couple of weeks. I'll just have them do the alignment, just to be safe.

Thanks for all the input guys!

casper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Well, where I live they are literally ripping up every road in town to replace water lines. There are potholes in some of these roads big enough to park the damn car in.

I'm going in for four new tires here in a couple of weeks. I'll just have them do the alignment, just to be safe.

Thanks for all the input guys!
I got my annual inspection today and apparently 15k miles was at least one interval for an alignment, based on dealer recommendations. I had already gotten an alignment a few months ago so I opted out

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
Was considering of going down to 17” if I get new set of wheels
 did you do this? Did you just run the stock tire size for 17” OEM wheels or did you go wider?
Heh. My car came stock with 17s, and I’m still on the original TIRES. ? If you go with wider wheels than stock, you could step up to as much as 235, but 225s are probably the biggest I would go. The right tires would probably outdo the car! For my winter tires, I use 16” steel rims and the size just above (or was it below?) OEM, since it was easier and cheaper to get tires for.

The roads here have potholes that would eat most of yours, and this year is particularly bad, early on! Many people with 18s and above regret it, as they end up blowing out their tires and bending their wheels.

rodralig

First Name
Alfred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si Sedan 2019
Country flag
Looking to get two (2) new tires to replace this (yeah... stroke of luck, indeed). Am planning to have the new ones up front, then move the current ones to the rear. The damage tire goes away and the other rear becomes the full-sized spare for the 2019 Si. The tires on my Si are the Goodyear Eagle F1, 25K-mi and about 3-years old.

That said, thinking about the Yokohama Advan. No issues in having a different brand between front and rear? I can't find the F1s anymore.

Thanks in advanced!

Honda Civic 10th gen Good All-Season Tires? 2022-03-18_175313

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
Looking to get two (2) new tires to replace this (yeah... stroke of luck, indeed). Am planning to have the new ones up front, then move the current ones to the rear. The damage tire goes away and the other rear becomes the full-sized spare for the 2019 Si. The tires on my Si are the Goodyear Eagle F1, 25K-mi and about 3-years old.

That said, thinking about the Yokohama Advan. No issues in having a different brand between front and rear? I can't find the F1s anymore.

Thanks in advanced!

2022-03-18_175313.jpeg
ish, if both tires have the same grip and handle weather the same way or close you shouldn't have a problem. If you like to push your car I'd suggest sticking to same tires at all corners cause from one type of tire to another grip will be different and you may get a looser rear end or a lot more understeer.

As long as they are the same diameter or within 3% you should be fine though to not pop a code. Btw that chip on the tire doesn't seem to reach the carcass so it should be fine as bad as it looks.

rodralig

First Name
Alfred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si Sedan 2019
Country flag
Thanks!

ish, if both tires have the same grip and handle weather the same way or close you shouldn't have a problem. If you like to push your car I'd suggest sticking to same tires at all corners cause from one type of tire to another grip will be different and you may get a looser rear end or a lot more understeer.
That is what I was thinking... I probably wouldn't be pushing it as much as I do now (well, up until this weekend)...

As long as they are the same diameter or within 3% you should be fine though to not pop a code. Btw that chip on the tire doesn't seem to reach the carcass so it should be fine as bad as it looks.
Same size Sir.

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
Thanks!

That is what I was thinking... I probably wouldn't be pushing it as much as I do now (well, up until this weekend)...

Same size Sir.
Just don't push as hard until you get a hang for how they behave is all, once you know how the car reacts you'll be fine.

Jmaxiron

First Name
Marion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic si 2dr
Country flag
I have put about 1500 miles on my Cross Climate 2 set. I recommend them.
Noise level about the same as the Primacy 4 overall, maybe a little noisier on rough tarmac. I was driving yesteday in temps from 0-5C on damp roads (some flakes of snow) and they feel very assured.
Check these top 10 all season tires that won't let you down in the snow.
I considered the Bridgestone but in the end I need these tyres for the occasional snow on continental drives and the latest tyre tests including the CC2 put the latter tyre first.

Last edited:

casper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
If you’re leaning towards the Continental ExtremeContacts DWS06+, Discount Tire makes a virtually identical tire (you can only buy it through them), called the ControlContact SRS+. They normally have some decent deals on them too. I just got these and they are a good bit quieter than the stock ContiProContacts, and handling is great.

Honda Civic 10th gen Good All-Season Tires? IMG_4175

Honda Civic 10th gen Good All-Season Tires? IMG_4176

HelenBarnes2

First Name
Helen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Country flag
ExtremeContact DWS06 is the best all season tire on the market
I have a 2020 Civic Sport. It came with ContiPro Contact tires (235/40/18). They're great for cornering, but they're wearing quickly and they're god-awful in the rain (the back end literally fishtails through standing water on the highway. it's scary). Apparently, from what I can find, these are both common issues with this tire, which is best in dry weather and sporty, cornering conditions.

My plan had been to pick up a set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4 All-Seasons (or whatever they're called) but those tires are expensive and, if I'm being honest, probably more than I really need for the type of driving I do. But I don't really know anything about tires, so I'm hoping you guys can give me some input. I need something relatively affordable that a Honda dealer could order and mount/balance for me. Would prefer an all-season, something good in the rain and snow. I drive a lot of highway miles for a commute (70mph and up) so good wear would be nice, too.

Anybody have any recommendations? The only thing I should maybe mention is sometimes I like to drive fast. Not on curvy roads necessarily, but highway driving up to around 80 - 100mph. So I'd need a tire that could handle that in short bursts.
speed test Ninja Woodfire Grill omegle
Any suggestions would be wonderful. Thanks guys.

Attached is a picture of what I'm currently running. Forgive all the dirt; they're doing roadwork where I live and it's a mess.

IMG_20220308_074006.jpg

Last edited: