OP
OP

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
You mean the acoustic layer?

To be honest, I haven't driven directly into the sunrise/sunset, majority of my driving is at night or during the day. I leave for work at 5:15ish, and there is just barely a hint of light on the horizon when I get to work at 5:50.
Wasn't thinking about the acoustic layer, maybe that's it. I was referring to the laminated glass, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laminated_glass, I'm sure you have this in the States as well.

I also leave early at 5:30 am and have a 50 minute drive but heading south so I rarely get to experience this.
Sponsored

WOPcivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I had also suspected it may be because it is an acoustic windshield, but I hadn't looked into it before, so I have no idea.

The specks are also visible to me at night while driving past the lights on the side of the road. When the light hits at the perfect angle, it all shows up clearly.

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Definitely have that and I'm a Touring in the US. It's really bad on the back window. I thought it was my microfiber cleaning towel I clean the windshields with leaving residual fuzz, but it's definitely not.

I've got bigger fish to fry with the rattling on start up and fussy infotainment system. Only time it ever bugs me is when light hits it and I can see it - it's relatively invisible otherwise.

buggzy

2017 civic hatchback sport with cvt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 civic ex-l and 2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
clean your eye glasses, migh fix the problem :)

Dean_TO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti
I kind of notice this when driving at night. The road lights create tiny streaks of light. I never notice this durring the day though and when I look really closely at the windshield I don't see anything that would cause this.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wonder if there is simply a bad batch of windshields made, or multiple suppliers and one didn't have great QC.

My old car also had tons of specs in the windshield, they appeared after a week of construction where they milled the entire road and left it that way. Shittons of debris, asphalt, and dust everywhere. Well, all that shit flying up pitted and damaged the windshield...anyone been through construction areas lately?

OP
OP

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
I wonder if there is simply a bad batch of windshields made, or multiple suppliers and one didn't have great QC.

My old car also had tons of specs in the windshield, they appeared after a week of construction where they milled the entire road and left it that way. Shittons of debris, asphalt, and dust everywhere. Well, all that shit flying up pitted and damaged the windshield...anyone been through construction areas lately?
I've had my share of pitted windshields as well and usually have my windshield changed every two years because it gets so bad. This is something different and seems to be inside the glass.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've had my share of pitted windshields as well and usually have my windshield changed every two years because it gets so bad. This is something different and seems to be inside the glass.
Hmm...I'll have to pay more attention if I can get the light to hit it at the right angle, I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary with it.

WOPcivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Yep, you can't feel any imperfections on the surface of the glass, so it's definitely not caused by pitting.
Sponsored