Gold specks in my windshield

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
Since new, I've seen gold coloured specks in my Touring's windshield but only when driving into the sun. This is not the typical sandblasting that you get from following too closely on sand covered roads but is in the glass. Does anybody else see this or know what this is? I don't have any type of film applied to the windshield.

My wife has seen this in a co-worker's Acura but I've never seen this in any other vehicle, is this normal for Honda?
Sponsored

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Since new, I've seen gold coloured specks in my Touring's windshield but only when driving into the sun. This is not the typical sandblasting that you get from following too closely on sand covered roads but is in the glass. Does anybody else see this or know what this is? I don't have any type of film applied to the windshield.

My wife has seen this in a co-worker's Acura but I've never seen this in any other vehicle, is this normal for Honda?
I'd take it back to the dealership and show them, and place a call to Honda

OP
OP

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
I'd take it back to the dealership and show them, and place a call to Honda
I'll send them pics first as they are 2.5 hrs away. I only see the dots when driving into the low setting sun so this has only bothered me a few times so far. I just thought more people may have noticed it.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'll send them pics first as they are 2.5 hrs away. I only see the dots when driving into the low setting sun so this has only bothered me a few times so far. I just thought more people may have noticed it.
Pics is a good idea, also call Honda

WOPcivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I also noticed specks on/in my windshield since I got my touring as well. At first I thought it was bits of lint from a towel I cleaned the glass with, but they wouldn't go away no matter how much I rubbed. I was wondering if this could be rain sensing related?

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I also noticed specks on/in my windshield since I got my touring as well. At first I thought it was bits of lint from a towel I cleaned the glass with, but they wouldn't go away no matter how much I rubbed. I was wondering if this could be rain sensing related?
You're both from Canada, I wonder if its a Canadian issue??

OP
OP

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
I wonder if it's related to the plastic layer between the two glass layers? I'm sure this is a safety requirement in the US as well.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if it's related to the plastic layer between the two glass layers? I'm sure this is a safety requirement in the US as well.
Never know, Canada has had requirements for years that the US only recently adopted

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You mean the acoustic layer?

To be honest, I haven't driven directly into the sunrise/sunset, majority of my driving is at night or during the day. I leave for work at 5:15ish, and there is just barely a hint of light on the horizon when I get to work at 5:50.
Sponsored