Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Well, these cars won the 1953 Le Mans endurance race in first and second places, when just finishing the race was a success. An X gen. civic would have a chance, and probably win the race, as the average lap speed reached then 106 mph or so. The Jaguars in 1953 were the first ever Le Mans cars equipped with disc brakes! So, of course it's fun to track a base model civic.

I mention this race and this car, because I had a restaurant then in the city of Le Mans, where one team of Jaguar drivers were drinking out of despair after they were disqualified during the practice (and then reinstated to win the race).

Just read the Wikipedia on this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1953_24_Hours_of_Le_Mans

"Devastated by their disqualification, [Hamilton] & Rolt had gone into the city for the night to drown their sorrows, and when England found them at 10am the next day (race-day) at Gruber’s restaurant, they were nursing hangovers and drinking copious amounts of coffee![21]". :beer::beer:
Sponsored

fkseven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7
Country flag
I tracked my sport with a CVT.........
It was fun, looking forward everyday when I can manual swap it

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Must have been some slow cars there that day. Seriously, I know you love your car and are one of the world's best drivers according to your posts, but a fast car is a 'vette or something, not a base 2.0 NA Civic.

And no, you would not terrorize a 10th gen Si. Your posts used to irritate me, now they're just comedy. ;)

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I love the fact everyone is taking all different models to the track. AutoX and road racing are much more about the driver than just the pure power of the car. But I highly doubt a 2.0 NA would terrorize an Si, considering the Si comes from the factory ready to hit road racing and autoX with its suspension set up and nearly 50 more hp stock

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
You are absolutely delusional! There is absolutely no track, circuit, or streets that a base civic will be able to compete with an Si, NONE. 50 short lived horse power? Lol you're joking right? You can't really be this delusional. Your car is nothing but an econo-box designed to compete against an Elantra, Forte, and Corrolla in base form it has no place on any track. Add all the tires and brakes you want it is simply not set up for a track. The Si in the Lightning Lap done by C&D at Virginia International Raceway was just as fast as the GTI and faster than an S2000, Genesis Coupe, Miata Club, BRZ, WRX, JCW, MazdaSpeed3, G37S, Fiesta ST, Focus ST etc.. And only .6 seconds behind an IS-F, Golf R, and BRZ tS...These are performance/driving focused cars which your car isn't. You wouldnt even smell the brake lights of an Si on a track or the streets, get with reality please. The fact that we are having this conversation at all is amazing.

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a23319884/lightning-lap-times-historical-data/

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yep. Si looks track ready even in stock form...

HomieGohan

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R | 1999 Civic Hatch NDF Style
Country flag
You want to go to the track with a slower vehicle to be honest. You will see more, learn and adapt faster compared to someone whos at the same level as you but with a faster vehicle.

Focus on seat time, focus on the race line and braking points. Before I sold my Track STi, I was beating dudes in Porsche vehicles because i was braking later and faster then them on the turns.

The upgrades you should focus on though are Radiator, Distilled water for the radiator, oil cooler, higher boiling brake fluid and SS lines if possible.

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yep. Si looks track ready even in stock form...

And look at how close it is to the STI Type RA on that same track by that same racecar driver. And the base Civic is supposed to "terrorize" an Si. What a joke ?

Honda Civic 10th gen Going to the track with a Civic Sport Screenshot_2020-12-04-23-44-58

HomieGohan

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R | 1999 Civic Hatch NDF Style
Country flag

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
And look at how close it is to the STI Type RA on that same track by that same racecar driver. And the base Civic is supposed to "terrorize" an Si. What a joke ?
Not to go too far off "track"... lol... check out what happens when the same driver takes a 'Vette for a lap. Talk about a distracted driver:

Last edited:

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not to go too far off "track"... lol... check out what happens when the same driver takes a 'Vette for a lap. Talk about a distracted driver:

Lol that was awesome
Sponsored