First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Stock exhaust is the stock pipping from factory
Just to elaborate, the stock exhaust is from the CAT all the way back to the tail pipe and it's one piece, and it was installed by Honda. Then you have the CAT, the front pipe and down pipes, they would be also be stock if installed by Honda
Sponsored

ltrinh

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Just to elaborate, the stock exhaust is from the CAT all the way back to the tail pipe and it's one piece, and it was installed by Honda. Then you have the CAT, the front pipe and down pipes, they would be also be stock if installed by Honda
So the 'stock exhaust' does not include anything from the engine to the CAT?

ltrinh

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Stock exhaust is the stock pipping from factory
And what pipes are we talking about here or all from them from the engine to the tail?

Does it make sense if someone says "Repalcing the front pipe but keep the stock exhaust"?

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So the 'stock exhaust' does not include anything from the engine to the CAT?
That is separate, but still part of the exhaust.

laz's SI

First Name
Lazaro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civi SI 4 door/ 2017 F-150
Country flag
Remember downpipe, front pipe and exhaust , the cat is Intergrated with the down pipe

ltrinh

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
That is separate, but still part of the exhaust.
Thanks. I think I got it. Stock exhaust means stocked the entire exhaust from the pipe connected to the engine to the tail. When someone says "Just replace the front pipe but keep STOCK EXHAUST", it means keeps "EVERTYTHING ESLE AS STOCK EXHAUST"

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks. I think I got it. Stock exhaust means stocked the entire exhaust from the pipe connected to the engine to the tail. When someone says "Just replace the front pipe but keep STOCK EXHAUST", it means keeps "EVERTYTHING ESLE AS STOCK EXHAUST"
Yes!

Frank Rallye

First Name
Francesco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC X SPORT+
Country flag
In this picture you can see the different parts and how they are connected to each other.
Unfortunately the red section is one piece (why Honda? :mad: WHY?) so you can not exclude the resonator without cut an weld the section (a mod that cost about 50 $).
I am looking for a little increase of the engine sound but not loud, at the same time I do not want to cut and weld due/to maintain The Honda warranty (5 years).
An exhaust System like Greddy SP or Borla replace all the section in the picture except the cat/down pipe;
but it cost up to 1200€ for me in Europe, and also I have no space in the garage to store the stock one removed.
*The downpipe/cat can be also replaced with a PRL or AFE Power parts but in that case the car will become very loud and the annual inspection will be a problem in some countrys.

So the best solution (for me ) will be replace only the front pipe (300€-500€)= cheaper, little piece to store and easy to replace in case of warranty operation, and as @amirza786 suggested: No drone :spaz:

Honda Civic 10th gen Going back to stock exhaust! exh

Jcente

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 10th gen
Country flag
I replaced my dp/up with a catted RV6 but the factory exhaust is still in place. I love the tone on it now and every time I think about getting something different I think to myself that I don't want more drone (or spend the hundreds of dollars). Even thinking on removing the resonator I go back to leave it as is.. Only thing I want to do is replace the HDMI tip (have a set of dual magnaflow tips from a previous car). Just waiting on aftermarket diffusers for the Si to come out (if ever).
:pickme: can you share a video with us?

Seth_FC3

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag
My friend, you made a very good decision, IMHO. As someone who bought the same performance exhaust as you, I regretted it. At first it was great, but than the droning on the freeway and the overly loud note got really old. Even installing an aftermarket resonator only eliminated about 50 percent of the drone. As one commentator wrote:

The 3 stages of performance exhaust madness:
1. Install performance exhaust or straight pipe to make the car louder & throw away stock exhaust
2. Install mufflers/resonators to make the car quiet again
3. Regret throwing away the stock exhaust

It's the same story on the Lexus forum I am on. One guy did a muffler delete, and now is complaining about drone.

Factory setup is king in IMO
That's why it's always great to keep stock parts if you have the space! :thumbsup:

GentleBro

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Definitely stock exhaust has a nice sound when broken in. It has some subtle gurgles when the revs drop!

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Stock exhaust sounds like dogshit with a catless downpipe and frontpipe. Not to mention how unnecessarily heavy it is, two giant mufflers and it's still a raspy mess with a catless DP. Best exhaust you can get for the Si if you want something mild is a Type R exhaust.

Jcente

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 10th gen
Country flag
Do I need to map or program something if I change my dp to the rv6 catted?

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Do I need to map or program something if I change my dp to the rv6 catted?
Not sure about catted. Do you have to connect the O2 sensor to it? If so you might need to get a tune. Check with the manufacturer, they can give you the answer you need

Khowl99

First Name
Jaredd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC3
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My idea of a little sound increase , and not loud is the following:
Stock Down pipe + afe power Front pipe + stock resonator and stock muffler.
The cheapest solution without cut and welding, and also with the minimum or zero drone... But no one did it on YouTube so I can't see the result.
Did you end up doing this? If so how did it work out? I have been considering going this route.

Cheers
Sponsored