First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Thanks for the info;
So you thing that an Invidia Gemini R400 with resonator could be better than a Greddy SP without resonator? (for the drone)
I would always go with the exhaust that includes a resonator as they will engineer it to eliminate drone for their exhaust. I'm telling you, drone is no fun and can ruin a good car
Sponsored

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I may be in a small minority that actually loves the stock exhaust look and sound! To each their own, but I think Honda did a very good job on making a subtle, sporty exhaust from this little 1500cc engine.

Over the last ~15 years on pretty much every single car I've owned, I had a modified exhaust in one way or another. Catbacks, axle-backs, muffler deletes, resonator deletes, test pipes... I've done it all and it was NEVER perfect. Either too loud and obnoxious, or too raspy, or too much drone... There was always something missing or some pang of regret after modification.

I've been reading more than a few posts of people that reverted to stock exhaust for reasons other than just to sell the car. Best advice to the youngins out there is to keep your exhaust stock! For little to no performance benefit, you're better off spending your money elsewhere. Your ears and wallet will thank you.

Anyways... That was my 2 cents. Thanks for reading! :thumbsup:

laz's SI

First Name
Lazaro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civi SI 4 door/ 2017 F-150
Country flag
Quick question , what’s the diameter of the stock exhaust ?

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Old whips: 2005 RSX Type S, 2015 Civic Si Coupe, 1998 Integra GSR Green, 1998 Integra GSR Red
Country flag
I may be in a small minority that actually loves the stock exhaust look and sound! To each their own, but I think Honda did a very good job on making a subtle, sporty exhaust from this little 1500cc engine.

Over the last ~15 years on pretty much every single car I've owned, I had a modified exhaust in one way or another. Catbacks, axle-backs, muffler deletes, resonator deletes, test pipes... I've done it all and it was NEVER perfect. Either too loud and obnoxious, or too raspy, or too much drone... There was always something missing or some pang of regret after modification.

I've been reading more than a few posts of people that reverted to stock exhaust for reasons other than just to sell the car. Best advice to the youngins out there is to keep your exhaust stock! For little to no performance benefit, you're better off spending your money elsewhere. Your ears and wallet will thank you.

Anyways... That was my 2 cents. Thanks for reading! :thumbsup:
100%. Back in the day I use to always switch up my exhausts to the latest and greatest. The rear just wasn't complete without it. Then I just got tired of the noise. Scraping the thing. Having this flashy can on the back. It was just too much for me as I got older. If I was building a track car different story. I actually think the stock exhaust looks and sounds nice for what I'm looking for. Although I'd like to have that engine sound tech in the 2020s

Fred_Farkle

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I’m going to put my stock exhaust back on and I’m going to sell my AFE Takeda carbon fiber tips exhaust. I don’t know why I just love the sound of the stock exhaust. I’m going to cut off the tip and have my friend weld some on. My carbon fiber does have damage to underneath the tips because of rubbing on my driveway. But it’s a $1200 exhaust and I’ll sell it for pretty cheap if you’re interested
Someone put together a compilation of a bunch of different aftermarket exhausts and what they sound like. Quite helpful, if you ask me!

Last edited:
OP
OP
JDMpo0kie

JDMpo0kie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
2.5” is not that small for our cars , I would need to rethink about my exhaust set up , might just do a cat less downpipe
I have a catless DP and FP and it makes the stock exhaust sound great

Frank Rallye

First Name
Francesco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC X SPORT+
Country flag
I would always go with the exhaust that includes a resonator as they will engineer it to eliminate drone for their exhaust. I'm telling you, drone is no fun and can ruin a good car
Can the only Front Pipe Replacement, modify the exhaust sound ??

Honda Civic 10th gen Going back to stock exhaust! 48-36605_1_1.1551245332

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Can the only Front Pipe Replacement, modify the exhaust sound ??

48-36605_1_1.1551245332.jpg
The answer is yes. The FP will make the exhaust louder, as you are now installing a bigger pipe. As long as you keep the factory exhaust, there should not be any droning

Frank Rallye

First Name
Francesco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC X SPORT+
Country flag
The answer is yes. The FP will make the exhaust louder, as you are now installing a bigger pipe. As long as you keep the factory exhaust, there should not be any droning
My idea of a little sound increase , and not loud is the following:
Stock Down pipe + afe power Front pipe + stock resonator and stock muffler.
The cheapest solution without cut and welding, and also with the minimum or zero drone... But no one did it on YouTube so I can't see the result.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My idea of a little sound increase , and not loud is the following:
Stock Down pipe + afe power Front pipe + stock resonator and stock muffler.
The cheapest solution without cut and welding, and also with the minimum or zero drone... But no one did it on YouTube so I can't see the result.
The stock exhaust and resonator should take care of the droning

Frank Rallye

First Name
Francesco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC X SPORT+
Country flag
The stock exhaust and resonator should take care of the droning
Ok, you convinced me, I will trust you
I hope that with this mod I will obtained the little exhaust sound increase that I'am looking for.

ltrinh

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Dumb question, what 'stock exhaust' consists of? stock front pipe? cat? mufflers? tail pipe? tips? etc....

Some people says 'replacing the front pipe but keep the stock exhaust'...

Thanks and don't laugh.

laz's SI

First Name
Lazaro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civi SI 4 door/ 2017 F-150
Country flag
Stock exhaust is the stock pipping from factory
Sponsored