Glove Box Light

back2civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
370Z
I believe not. The materials do get better as you move up though. They start including lights for the vanity mirrors on EX and up. The rear doors get the silver painted plastic trim and padding with the leather models.
There are still hard plastics on the rear windows sills vs. soft touch plastics on the front window sills. Another cost-cutting feature not warranted considering how much more would it cost Honda to add soft touch plastics on the rear window sills.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
There are still hard plastics on the rear wiindows sills vs. soft touch plastics on the front window sills. Another cost-cutting feature not warranted considering how much more would it cost Honda to add soft touch plastics on the rear window sills.
I know that, which is why the ILX exists. But you can't deny my quote either. The silver trim on the steering wheel isn't present on the bottom spoke on the LX and a bunch of other niggly little things.

back2civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
370Z
I know that, which is why the ILX exists. But you can't deny my quote either. The silver trim on the steering wheel isn't present on the bottom spoke on the LX and a bunch of other niggly little things.
So, you're basically saying that the ILX is a fancy Civic? I don't think that's what Acura wants people to believe.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
So, you're basically saying that the ILX is a fancy Civic? I don't think that's what Acura wants people to believe.
It technically is... LOL But it was been better differentiated than the pre facelift models. Materials and fit and finish in the Acura are better though. Not better to where non enthusiasts would notice, but stuff like the padded materials on the door carry though, the leather on the door cards extend the whole length of the door and not 3 quarters of it. It has LED map lights, stuff like that

Last edited:

Diversion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It is the de facto luxury Civic :p Just like the TLX is the luxury Accord.. There are no unique chassis' involved in either of these cars..

Honestly I go back and forth on me going with the '16 ILX instead of the Civic Touring but since even the '16 ILX is based on the '12-'15 Civic Sedans, I find them too bubbly looking and not as sporty looking as the new '16 Civic (lowered/flattened look).

If/when Acura keeps the ILX and moves onto the new Civic chassis/platform I think the ILX will look fantastic.

Diversion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh and I wonder if we can "adapt" somehow the ILX glovebox light into our Civics?
Sponsored