• Start date
  • Watchers 11

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
I have said this in every thread about yellow on this car. It is not gonna happen. America likes boring colors white, black and some form of grey/sliver also variations of darker blues. Bright colors don't sell. But you always have the ones that because they want it cant except that no one else likes it and insist yellow is coming even though we have already seen dealer screenshots of the new Rs for order with a new blue and no yellow. What did surprise me is apparently the rest of the world is not a fan of bright colors either. I mean keep hope alive maybe you will get your yellow but if there was a betting pool I confidently would put 1000 down that its not.
Sponsored

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Came in here to say this.

A regular Civic in yellow? Sure, it might sit on the lot for a while. A yellow Type R, though? It'll move just as quickly as any of the others.
you say move quickly, that is dependant on where you live. I have three honda dealer near me where Rs have been sitting (at MSRP)for some time and without them being bright colors. My local dealer had two bright civics and they discounted one after a year of it sitting and the other they gave away in a promotion. they don't sell... they now have a yellow one that has been sitting for 7 months they cant get rid of either. Not sure about the rest of the country but around here no one wants the bright colors and to stick out like a sore thumb and attract attention to themselves so the cars sit.

Last edited:

kilo959

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R; 1995 Nissan Hardbody
Country flag
I'm not sure this analysis is indicative of what colors would be utilized for sport specific vehicles.

Here's why I think that, this graph does not provide clear metrics per type of vehicle, it only attempts to do so.

Rather, this graph groups more than one type of vehicle together, this skews the percentages of color favored in one direction, toward that of the most often bought vehicle between the types mixed.

For example, the sport/compact category:
1) In this combined category it is obvious that more compacts are sold then are sports cars
2) This would favor color percentages for compacts over sport giving inaccurate information
3) Due to this, the graph is not a realistic interpretation of colors per type of vehicle, which is the intent of the graph used in this context

I think it's a shitty graph to use in this argument, no offense.

Last edited:

coopermidnight

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
you say move quickly, that is dependant on where you live. I have three honda dealer near me where Rs have been sitting (at MSRP)for some time and without them being bright colors. My local dealer had two bright civics and they discounted one after a year of it sitting and the other they gave away in a promotion. they don't sell... they now have a yellow one that has been sitting for 7 months they cant get rid of either. Not sure about the rest of the country but around here no one wants the bright colors and to stick out like a sore thumb and attract attention to themselves so the cars sit.
You should spread the word on this forum. I don't think there's ever not been a time since 2017 that someone's trying to find one within a few states at MSRP.

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You should spread the word on this forum. I don't think there's ever not been a time since 2017 that someone's trying to find one within a few states at MSRP.
I tried that once and I got flamed by other members (although most of those trouble makers are gone now) saying I was trying to promote web sites and such when alI was doing was trying to let people know there was a deal. people just need to look in other areas. like here in the south east especially in my area of NC the car is not popular. My used one sold for 30k to a guy in florida and the 7 people I knew with them all sold theirs. there have been several on third party used lots that sat for months and the dealers here get them and they sit for several months. Tennessee is also another popular place to find them at a deal. Guy I know got one from tennessee for under msrp. Places like texas and california forget it. its gonna be adm land.