geeeek

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Civic Hatch Sport 6MT
Country flag
How big of a difference does the type R shifter make with up/down and left/right distance? Considering getting one myself. Also your lights are looking really good.

OP
OP

Ghosted

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How big of a difference does the type R shifter make with up/down and left/right distance? Considering getting one myself. Also your lights are looking really good.
Hi Geeeek,
I think it about a 25% shorter throw up and down. Not sure about left to right. If you do get the Type R shifter and feel later it still not good, you could still add the short throw adaptor from Acuity or Perrin and making it even more. For me, I'm thinking about the adding the shifter bushing for a more crisp throw.

geeeek

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Civic Hatch Sport 6MT
Country flag
Hi Geeeek,
I think it about a 25% shorter throw up and down. Not sure about left to right. If you do get the Type R shifter and feel later it still not good, you could still add the short throw adaptor from Acuity or Perrin and making it even more. For me, I'm thinking about the adding the shifter bushing for a more crisp throw.
I got the bushings on my hatch sport shifter, they definitely tightened things up. But the R shifter + acuity goodies seems like it would be amazing. I believe I read somewhere that putting the short throw adapter on the R shifter would cause the cables to be angled too extremely and cause wear or something like that

Do you ever feel that upshifting to 5th or downshifting to 2nd takes too long? I got the short shift adapter but not rocker upgrade, and don't know if I'd want the rocker upgrade with the R shifter. The sideways push is a movement in itself before going into gear, so it feels like I'm doing 2 movements for 1 shift. 25% reduced throw is about the same as the short shift adapter on the base hatches so that's settled

OP
OP

Ghosted

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got the bushings on my hatch sport shifter, they definitely tightened things up. But the R shifter + acuity goodies seems like it would be amazing. I believe I read somewhere that putting the short throw adapter on the R shifter would cause the cables to be angled too extremely and cause wear or something like that

Do you ever feel that upshifting to 5th or downshifting to 2nd takes too long? I got the short shift adapter but not rocker upgrade, and don't know if I'd want the rocker upgrade with the R shifter. The sideways push is a movement in itself before going into gear, so it feels like I'm doing 2 movements for 1 shift. 25% reduced throw is about the same as the short shift adapter on the base hatches so that's settled
I didn't hear about the R shifter and acuity being a problem. If you upgrade the center spring, wouldn't that get you to the neutral middle point faster. I never done it before, but I might help in your situation.

OP
OP

Ghosted

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Picked up this big thing.

Honda Civic 10th gen Ghosted - Slow build IMG_1374

Last edited:
OP
OP

Ghosted

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Haven't posted in a long while. Pictures shown also has 35% tint on all 5 windows. It gives the car a stock tint look without being too dark. Just put on some new wheels Evo 8/9 BBS 17x8 +38. OEM sport wheels were 49.8lbs each. The new wheels are 39.4lbs each. Not sure if everyone will like them, but they are for sure way lighter than stock. My wheel gap are about 2 1/4". Can't decide either to get Swift springs which will drop about 1.1" or coilovers.

Honda Civic 10th gen Ghosted - Slow build IMG_3111

Last edited:
OP
OP

Ghosted

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Installed the type R exhaust. It was a direct bolt on. The first resonator after the front pipe gets in the way of a bracing and the bracing was removed. It’s the smaller of the 2 resonator. Reporting in case some one wants to install one. I’ll probably removing the smaller resonator, so I can reinstall the bracing that was removed. Picture of type R exhaust on car tomorrow. When I go back to muffler place I’ll take a picture under the car to show what’s going on. FYI on a bathroom scale the Type R was 38lbs and the Sports was 35lb. I have been reading that the Type R was lighter, but not in my case. I technically increase weight by 3lbs which isn't much, but it is going against my weight saving goals. If I knew this I might have went a different route.

Honda Civic 10th gen Ghosted - Slow build Tri ti

Last edited:

cvmomo1CTR

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR , 2018 Civic Sport , 06' E46 325ci , 12’ Ducati 848EVO
Country flag
Installed the type R exhaust. It was a direct bolt on. The first resonator after the front pipe gets in the way of a bracing and the bracing was removed. It’s the smaller of the 2 resonator. Reporting in case some one wants to install one. I’ll probably removing the smaller resonator, so I can reinstall the bracing that was removed. Picture of type R exhaust on car tomorrow. When I go back to muffler place I’ll take a picture under the car to show what’s going on. FYI on a bathroom scale the Type R was 38lbs and the Sports was 35lb. I have been reading that the Type R was lighter, but not in my case. I technically increase weight by 3lbs which isn't much, but it is going against my weight saving goals. If I knew this I might have went a different route.
Nice I am installing a TypeR exhaust on my FK7 as well, because well I have a free one from my FK8. Quick question did you do the Front pipe as well? And if so or not does it look like the front pipe is a direct swap as well or just the exhaust?

OP
OP

Ghosted

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice I am installing a TypeR exhaust on my FK7 as well, because well I have a free one from my FK8. Quick question did you do the Front pipe as well? And if so or not does it look like the front pipe is a direct swap as well or just the exhaust?
No I did not use the Type R front pipe, I just used the exhaust. I plan on using an after market front pipe and downpipe.

Last edited:

cvmomo1CTR

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR , 2018 Civic Sport , 06' E46 325ci , 12’ Ducati 848EVO
Country flag
No I did not use the Type R front pipe, I just used the exhaust. I plan on using an after front pipe and downpipe.
Cool all good, just didn’t know if it bolts up as I now have a Typer stock Front pipe and also RV6 F.Pipe I know RV6 won’t work didn’t know if the stock FK8 would maybe work

Will find out when I get under there tho

Thanks.

OP
OP

Ghosted

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Cool all good, just didn’t know if it bolts up as I now have a Typer stock Front pipe and also RV6 F.Pipe I know RV6 won’t work didn’t know if the stock FK8 would maybe work

Will find out when I get under there tho

Thanks.
Please report back once you find out. I would like to know as well. TIA

OP
OP

Ghosted

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Picked up Ktuner V2 a week ago and installed the dual tune. All I did was checked disable rev hang and eliminated artificial knock control. Feels like a new car. Still looking for a good spot to mount my Ktuner. I currently have it on the lower left side of the windshield.

Honda Civic 10th gen Ghosted - Slow build IMG_0410.PNG

OP
OP

Ghosted

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Picked up a Flex fuel kit and can't wait to get this installed. What order is the process done in? Install kit, upload flex tune then add e85? For now just using the ktuner can flex fuel tune. I heard some people didn't get the right ethanol reading after the fuel kit install. Also read some say it will burn my catalytic out faster.

Honda Civic 10th gen Ghosted - Slow build 1647360037499

Thanks

OP
OP

Ghosted

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just installed the Eibach rear sway bar. The holes took me awhile to get lined up. But it’s all in and feels much better than the si.

Update: Had clunking noise in the rear. Tried tightening the endlinks and went to shop and still had clunking noise. Forum suggested using whiteline adjustable endlinks. I just purchased and on it way. I'll update everyone if this fixes the suspension noise.

Honda Civic 10th gen Ghosted - Slow build CE0B005E-04CA-422B-BCD1-61BDB597392C
Honda Civic 10th gen Ghosted - Slow build 04965A1C-86AC-44FB-BBF6-66CA6874E354

Last edited: