Getting the extended warranty.

sidhu2909

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX Sensing
Country flag
I just bought the extended warranty 8/100k thru HondaCare with the 0% interest for 18 months. I had to put 10% down, choice of auto debit out of checking acct or a charge to my credit card every month. Also the choice of what date of the month for the debit.

I've never purchased an extended warranty before but with all the technology in the car, I needed peace of mind. Plus my AC went out few days ago and I've only had the car 3-1/2 weeks!
Where did you buy it from and how much it did cost?
Sponsored

BGsMom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe touring
Where did you buy it from and how much it did cost?
Bought it from my local Honda dealer after looking online (I live in Florida). $1,900 for the 8/100k or $2,200 for 8/120k. I got the 0 deductible.

Lunar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Any ideas about 0% interest payment plan for Honda Care? I'm thinking of getting one, and would be interested if I can use a payment plan rather than pay up all at once. Does anyone have experience with this payment plan so far?
I know you can finance it for 6 months if you get it from Succucci when you checkout using PayPal.

They sell to both Florida and California (all 50 states)

sidhu2909

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX Sensing
Country flag
I know you can finance it for 6 months if you get it from Succucci when you checkout using PayPal.
Thanks. Yeah I observed that in the quote I received, but it looks like that's being offered by PayPal and not the one mentioned by Honda. (PayPal finances any major purchase if you can pay through PayPal) I'm not inclined to get PayPal credit based on the horror stories I've read. This is what Honda says about 0% "Interest-free payment plan provided by Service Payment Plan, Inc."

Also, do you know if Hyannis charges tax, because Succucci doesn't and I was wondering if that price difference can be accounted for the tax

DjinTonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring, silver.
Country flag
No sales tax buying it from any MA dealer. It's the state law and not a dealer policy. I purchased from Hyannis.

Last edited:

sidhu2909

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX Sensing
Country flag
Update: Hyannis doesn't offer 0% plan, and the only method of payment is over phone with a credit card

DjinTonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring, silver.
Country flag
If you do choose to pay up front, I can tell you that over the phone is the way you want to go if paying by credit card (never email a card #). They are an established, reputable dealer.

I prefer to use a credit card for my payments. However, I pay each month's balance in full, so there are no finance charges -- that's the key. There two advantages (1) you can usually cash in your award points for a $ credit on a statement, so you are saving money on every purchase, and (2) you have certain protections -- the credit-card company will intervene if you think you've been ripped off, sent damaged goods, etc. Note that credit cards can have fairly high (to very high) interest rates!
Sponsored

Last edited: