Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
When I was a kid my mother had a station wagon 1972 Chevy kings wood with a 400 small block and 9 passenger it was great for the drive in movies long trips and with the seats folded down you could put a 4x8 sheet of plywood with no problem mini vans and SUV today would have a problem with that unless you use the roof rack. Station wagon was the most practical car out there
Sponsored

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hauled many a sheet of plywood in my Odyssey. First few you’ve got to do in a little diagonal to get past the trim. They’ll do the job as good as a pickup so long as you don’t mind getting it dirty. It also keeps it out of the weather if you don’t want to immediately unload it. The only thing I use the F-150 for exclusively is hauling a A-frame ladder that extends to 21 feet that’s still 11 or 12 collapsed and loads of dirt/mulch (I do this a couple times a year). There’s a reason why I’ve only put 2000 miles on it in a couple years... there’s no reason for me to use it most of the time. If it wasn’t given it me by my mom (it was my late fathers) I’d never of gotten one. For what little it hauls, I’d do better to get a small trailer and tow 1000-2000 pounds with it than the meager amount it can hold and it’s suspension handle in the bed. Even a soft suspensioned Odyssey w/it’s weak tranny can do that w/o too much trouble.

In the military town I live in, I swear 1 out of 4 people has a Jeep or pickup truck, and not 1 in 10 haul/tow/off road a single damn one of them. At least my old truck gets used like a truck when the need arises... though I’d probably just about come out ahead not paying the insurance on it and just doing a rental a dozen times a year.

Beansley

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Only person I've had try to race me was a Scion tc.

I had 0 desire racing as it was raining, 7 in the morning and I was on my way to work. There's a light that is probably about 200 yards down and I have to turn right before it does onto my work street. Guess he thought he won even though I never even jammed on the gas and I was slowing down to turn right, he flashed his hazards at me, which I later looked up to see what that meant and laughed to myself.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
At least my old truck gets used like a truck
You’re the only person I heard that statement from in a while. Unfortunately a lot of people don’t use a truck for what it’s intended for. I’ll see a few use them to haul a Christmas tree around Christmas the best is in my area in “lovely “ SW Florida they drive their pickups towing trailers with nothing on the trailer. In a nutshell I never see anybody today use a pickup truck for it intended purpose
Unless for a business

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This is what I drive and it does not help to have a bright color car with a V8 rumble. Everyone is trying to race me and I am just trying to get to work or whatever. :doh:

IMG_1143.jpg
I could’ve gotten a energy green EX-T when I got mine they had one on the lot. But thinking of it attracting a lot of attention especially the red neck pickup truck drivers ( especially the Dodge Ram drivers) will try racing me at every light ( I have enough of that with the modern steel color)

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
You’re the only person I heard that statement from in a while. Unfortunately a lot of people don’t use a truck for what it’s intended for. I’ll see a few use them to haul a Christmas tree around Christmas the best is in my area in “lovely “ SW Florida they drive their pickups towing trailers with nothing on the trailer. In a nutshell I never see anybody today use a pickup truck for it intended purpose
Unless for a business
What's wrong with that? I carried a spare tire in my vehicle for all my life and never once used it. You don't own a spare tire to use it everyday for it's intended purpose. Same with a truck. If you use it once in three months for intended purpose, that's enough. I never owned more than one car and one wife for myself. If I did, I would have at lest the following: a fast 2 seater sports car, a big truck, a van, an all-terrain 4x4 SUV/Jeep, a slick full-size luxury sedan, a quick cute subcompact, a civic, a car caretaker, and a mistress or two, and I would use each for their intended purpose.:drive:

I see people wearing clothes and shoes intended for sports everyday, although they apparently never do any sports. I don't see anything unfortunate about it, if they like to dress this way.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What's wrong with that? I carried a spare tire in my vehicle for all my life and never once used it. You don't own a spare tire to use it everyday for it's intended purpose. Same with a truck. If you use it once in three months for intended purpose, that's enough. I never owned more than one car and one wife for myself. If I did, I would have at lest the following: a fast 2 seater sports car, a big truck, a van, an all-terrain 4x4 SUV/Jeep, a slick full-size luxury sedan, a quick cute subcompact, a civic, a car caretaker, and a mistress or two, and I would use each for their intended purpose.:drive:

I see people wearing clothes and shoes intended for sports everyday, although they apparently never do any sports. I don't see anything unfortunate about it, if they like to dress this way.
Well that’s fine if you going to have more than one vehicle ( that’s what I should have stated)
My family always had a pickup for gardening lumber etc it was used for its intended purpose
And it always sat in your backyard until we needed it. Today I see the only vehicle people have is a pickup they use as their daily driver. But that’s what I see on any TV or printed advertising for any auto manufacturers it pickup truck and SUVS hardly any cars. Years ago a pickup truck was the cheapest vehicle you can get because people got them as a second or third vehicle
Today their more than a car.

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a sport hatch and ctr.. both fbo.. and tuned
I get alot of gti, wrx, si, s2k want to take on my sport hatch.
And the ctr i get alot of bimmer M and audi RS, mercedes amg, sti, evo wants to race me..

Azov237

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
I drive from just south of Chicago to Fort Worth, TX. Its 958 miles. I leave with the tank full, fillup in Sikeston, Mo., and Texarkana, Tx. When i get to Ft. Worth, i still have just over half a tank left. Rough est. of around $55 in gas used, not too shabby.
Just in time for some Lamberts!

SavageOrange

Raise Hell Eat Cornbread
First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 BMW S100RR, 2014 Ridgeline Sport
Country flag
Hauled many a sheet of plywood in my Odyssey. First few you’ve got to do in a little diagonal to get past the trim. They’ll do the job as good as a pickup so long as you don’t mind getting it dirty. It also keeps it out of the weather if you don’t want to immediately unload it. The only thing I use the F-150 for exclusively is hauling a A-frame ladder that extends to 21 feet that’s still 11 or 12 collapsed and loads of dirt/mulch (I do this a couple times a year). There’s a reason why I’ve only put 2000 miles on it in a couple years... there’s no reason for me to use it most of the time. If it wasn’t given it me by my mom (it was my late fathers) I’d never of gotten one. For what little it hauls, I’d do better to get a small trailer and tow 1000-2000 pounds with it than the meager amount it can hold and it’s suspension handle in the bed. Even a soft suspensioned Odyssey w/it’s weak tranny can do that w/o too much trouble.

In the military town I live in, I swear 1 out of 4 people has a Jeep or pickup truck, and not 1 in 10 haul/tow/off road a single damn one of them. At least my old truck gets used like a truck when the need arises... though I’d probably just about come out ahead not paying the insurance on it and just doing a rental a dozen times a year.
That's any Fort, Camp, or Base man. I'd say its less than 1/2 of the 1 in 10 that utilize those vehicles like they were "designed" to do.

SavageOrange

Raise Hell Eat Cornbread
First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This is what I drive and it does not help to have a bright color car with a V8 rumble. Everyone is trying to race me and I am just trying to get to work or whatever. :doh:

IMG_1143.jpg
I want another Mustang (I had a '96 Cobra), and I want the orange.

2017touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring (Black on Black); 2018 Mustang GT
Country flag
I want another Mustang (I had a '96 Cobra), and I want the orange.
These new Mustang's are so comfortable. I have the fully loaded 401A package with the digital dash, active exhaust, heated and cooled seats, 12 speaker sound system, stitched dashboard, etc etc. I took a 2500 miles trip over New Years and it was a comfortable cruiser even with the 20 inch rims. The power from the V8 is addicting. It is not like the Camaro or the Challenger/Charger which have the 6.2 or 5.7/6.4 liter V8 and they have massive low end torque. The 5.0 V8 loves to rev to its 7500 rpm readline and is such a blast to push 460 hp and 420 ft/lb of torque. The sound of the 5.0 is better to me than the Chevy or Dodge V8, its a screamer!

I receive a lot of thumbs up and compliments from people which is always nice. However, a lot of people want to race, and it's usually the cars that have very little performance compared to the Mustang. I don't race, I drive on the back roads for my fun and push the car for my own pleasure not to race others in traffic and around public. If I want to do that, I take it to the drag strip.

SavageOrange

Raise Hell Eat Cornbread
First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
These new Mustang's are so comfortable. I have the fully loaded 401A package with the digital dash, active exhaust, heated and cooled seats, 12 speaker sound system, stitched dashboard, etc etc. I took a 2500 miles trip over New Years and it was a comfortable cruiser even with the 20 inch rims. The power from the V8 is addicting. It is not like the Camaro or the Challenger/Charger which have the 6.2 or 5.7/6.4 liter V8 and they have massive low end torque. The 5.0 V8 loves to rev to its 7500 rpm readline and is such a blast to push 460 hp and 420 ft/lb of torque. The sound of the 5.0 is better to me than the Chevy or Dodge V8, its a screamer!

I receive a lot of thumbs up and compliments from people which is always nice. However, a lot of people want to race, and it's usually the cars that have very little performance compared to the Mustang. I don't race, I drive on the back roads for my fun and push the car for my own pleasure not to race others in traffic and around public. If I want to do that, I take it to the drag strip.
Before purchasing the Si, Household 6 signed off on a '19 Mustang GT w/ the performance package. After the test drive, I REALLY wanted it. However, with 2 kids, I though better of it (although it was a hell of a deal). Like yea, I can "fit" my kids back there, but it'd be uncomfortable even for them.
Sponsored