Getting into modding and upgrading my car.

OP
OP

aphan70

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Check out our website https://prlmotorsports.com/collections/2016-2021-honda-civic-1-5t for all your aftermarket needs. Check out some different products for your car and which ones are best suited for you since you are just trying to have a nice and fun daily. If you ever have any questions on anything feel free to shoot us an email and we will be happy to assist you in any way.
Will definitely keep in mind! Been eyeing down the Street MAF short ram intake lately.
Sponsored

number9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic SI
Country flag
Good choice on that shifter I have that one !

After ktuner & an ots tune like tsp or phearable I definitely say dp and rear sway bar
Any recommendations on the sway bar? I see them for $180, and then for near $400.

Kotaas

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any recommendations on the sway bar? I see them for $180, and then for near $400.
Whitelines or eibachs 22mm rsb should be plenty that’s what I’m running for now might jump to the 26 soon but 300 is too much for me personally
Here’s my whiteline code: WL4012 For $20 off your first order!
it should still work lol

number9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic SI
Country flag
Whitelines or eibachs 22mm rsb should be plenty that’s what I’m running for now might jump to the 26 soon but 300 is too much for me personally
Here’s my whiteline code: WL4012 For $20 off your first order!
it should still work lol
Cool, what about the front sway?

Juddtastic77

First Name
Judd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si sedan
Country flag
I also owned my si for 2 years before I got into anything. I bought a Ktuner ( just my preference) . Their basemaps will be VERY noticeable right from the jump. Also if you purchase an intake- PRL and 27won are always at the top of the list, plus Ktuner has basemaps with them already also, so they are tested, tried and true. It really does come down to how far you want to go. I started with those for a few months, then went a bit crazy. I’m FBO with only drop in mods, no welding or fabrication. But then also got a custom tune from Derek Robinson ?. Also, bought a 2020 type R shift assembly with a few acuity add one that Unity performance sells as a kit. Here’s the link https://unity-performance.com/products/2020-civic-type-r-shifter-w-acuity-upgrades-all-6mt-civic . I’m a bit older, so I’m not into cosmetic s besides my wheels… all my money is under the hood, but there’s no wrong answer to making YOUR car your own.

Rfabianfk82020

First Name
Rence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Started modding my 07 civic ex manual 5 years ago and that gave me insight on everything. I only did an skunk2 exhaust and a k&n intake. For the Type R I’ve done that and more. FBO stage 2 using hondata. Basically PRL everything. Intake. Turbo inlet pipe. Downpipe but didn’t get their front pipe as I’ve heard minimal gains and the downpipe was more important. Then wrapped it up with a Tomei Type D exhaust.

biggest tip. Do your research. If you can go to a meet and see other builds and listen to their exhausts/intakes that’ll help you tremendously.

save save save ! Idk if you want to do one part after another or just put everything all at once. I did a mix. I got my exhaust and intake fairly close together so I heard the differences between the mods. The turbo inlet pipe and downpipe went together so I couldn’t feel each one separately, but I’m happy. A bunch of cosmetics such as tints, rally armor guards and window guards. In total I want to say I spent around 4K on parts. Not bad. My next thing is wheels and tires.

Honda Civic 10th gen Getting into modding and upgrading my car. F782AAEA-671B-4A0F-B39F-4DBA7FFE9C19

Testudo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatch exl
Country flag
switched out stock intake hose and filter with PRL hose and afe drop in.
Check out my stock filter.

Honda Civic 10th gen Getting into modding and upgrading my car. 6C867841-21A0-43F4-BED4-27C8339ECE3F

OP
OP

aphan70

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Started modding my 07 civic ex manual 5 years ago and that gave me insight on everything. I only did an skunk2 exhaust and a k&n intake. For the Type R I’ve done that and more. FBO stage 2 using hondata. Basically PRL everything. Intake. Turbo inlet pipe. Downpipe but didn’t get their front pipe as I’ve heard minimal gains and the downpipe was more important. Then wrapped it up with a Tomei Type D exhaust.

biggest tip. Do your research. If you can go to a meet and see other builds and listen to their exhausts/intakes that’ll help you tremendously.

save save save ! Idk if you want to do one part after another or just put everything all at once. I did a mix. I got my exhaust and intake fairly close together so I heard the differences between the mods. The turbo inlet pipe and downpipe went together so I couldn’t feel each one separately, but I’m happy. A bunch of cosmetics such as tints, rally armor guards and window guards. In total I want to say I spent around 4K on parts. Not bad. My next thing is wheels and tires.

F782AAEA-671B-4A0F-B39F-4DBA7FFE9C19.jpeg
Awesome man, and I’m really rocking with that Type R! I still got a long way down the road with some mods, really appreciate the advice and insight.

Dirt

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6-Spd Manual
Ktuner with OTS tune and intercooler.

additional mods
Catch can
Cold Air Intake with Race MAF
Downpipe/Uppipe
Inlet pipe

pretty much it for power gains.

You can go pretty much crazy with suspension mods.

Rich_D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport Hatch
Country flag
I got an Injen throttle tuner which I like very much. Before I had my 2018 Sport Hatch I had a BMW E30 with a cable throttle which I tuned myself for instant response. The programmed lag of throttle by wire was shockingly bad to me, no feel whatsoever. So I found throttle tuners from a few different companies to try to address the problem. The throttle response still lags but the tuner increases the curve of fuel supply relative to throttle pedal position (or decreases for mileage and ease of driving for new stick shifters). The engine revs significantly faster with the same throttle input. It really livened the car up. I went with Injen because their price point was in the middle of the range, they have a good rep as far as I know, and they were just about the only ones in stock with the chip shortage and I'm completely happy with it. Bottom line, the car is quicker with the same horsepower.
Update: I got a Race Chip GTS and it's really nice. I don't see a lot of love for Race Chip on this forum but it's working really well for me. I studied the market, comparing flash vs. plug in and went with Race Chip based on ease of use and watching a video of their r&d. All the negative stuff I read about them was years old, and I had a sense of fanboy prejudice in a lot of the criticisms. Case in point: my first harness was bad as indicated by warning lights staying on after startup. Their tech support answered all my emails within 24 hours with helpful info to troubleshoot it down to the harness. When we deduced it was the harness, somehow they had a new harness at my door in around 36 hours via FedEx. That fixed the problem and it's running really good now. The Race Chip combined with the Ingen throttle controller has completely changed this car. When I put both mods back on stock, I can't believe I used to drive like that. Wait for the throttle, wait for the boost, and there's a little power. Now, the engine can't wait to rev. 100% happy and excited with both of those additions.
If anyone can tell me what I'm missing out on by going with a plug-in instead of a Ktuner or Hondata flash, I'm willing to listen. But this setup is working really well for me.

Last edited: