cptjf

First Name
anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7
Country flag
I have an FK7, running Stage 2 with Ktuner. About a month ago I purchased The PRL Cobra with a Race MAF, and for about a week or so it seemed that the temps would hover around ambient when driving or increase by about 7 degrees when stationary. More recently my IAC temps (both 1 and 2) seem to be higher, up to 50 over ambient when stationary and 13-30 over ambient when driving. So fa, I tried to find any leaks but was unsuccessful in locating any areas where air might get in, I tried moving the intake away from the radiator hose, and I've even gone as far as to take the radar cover off to try to bring in more fresh air, however, none of these ideas worked. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Sponsored

dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Is this their short ram version? That's just the nature of short ram intakes that take hot air from inside the engine bay. A cold air helps combat this by bringing in air from outside the engine bay.

Regardless of which one you have, If you sit idle for too long that heat will start to soak into the intake tubing causing temps to raise. That is normal. 13-30 while driving also sounds about right on hotter days (85f+). On cooler days (under 85f) you'll see 5-20 over ambient more consistently. IAT2 is honestly the only one you should care about. Which is post intercooler. This is the one that tells you If your intercooler is doing its job or not.

Remember that any time you stop and idle (red light, stop sign, stop n go traffic) IATs will start to raise. By how much depends on how long you're stopped for.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
It’s the nature of force induction. Engine bays run Hot, and these car run H O T. It’s normal to see temps above ambient temps. Because even tho the temps are hotter than ambient temps they’re still lower than temps in the engine bay. Also tubing warms up and eventually gets hot from the engine bay temps which also increases temps. Temps are measured at the MAF housing and intake manifold. If you want to lower temperatures you’ll need a bigger intercooler as the stock ones heat soak relatively fast.

OP
OP

cptjf

First Name
anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7
Country flag
Thanks for replies fellas.
I'm running a CAI. I wasn't too sure if my temps were normal or not, so I figured I check with others. I guess a new intercooler next.
Sponsored