Fatheadrr

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si sedan
Country flag
Does this happen to everyone else with the new 2020? Constantly getting flashed with low beams on. Even if I keep the fog lights off people are still flashing me.
Sponsored

DLEGAIR

First Name
Dexter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Does this happen to everyone else with the new 2020? Constantly getting flashed with low beams on. Even if I keep the fog lights off people are still flashing me.
I have a 19 and I get flashed while running my lights on auto, just because my fog lights run in auto mode. And then I flash them to show I'm I am indeed not running high beams lol

herox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
I have a 19 and I get flashed while running my lights on auto, just because my fog lights run in auto mode. And then I flash them to show I'm I am indeed not running high beams lol
Same thing has happened to me on my 18. I don't think our lights are that bright.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
It’s because LED lights are too fricken bright and it’s bullshit for drivers coming the other way. They should be regulated to a certain brightness and proper aiming kept in check by law.

LEDs are just so much brighter than halogens and people aren't used to them. And honestly they hurt to look at. Why outfit your vehicle with super bright LEDs for looks when nobody can look at it for more than 2 seconds in the dark before squinting their eyes and looking away?

I love DRLs and LED tail lights that don't blind you. They can be manufactured to not be stupid bright. Even a dim LED can be seen for miles.

Edit: i got more to say regarding LED headlights.
For those that argue that super bright LED lights are safer for the driver at night... How can they be safer if you are blinding incoming drivers on a 2 way road. They may veer into your path. Also shining brighter lights on a deer crossing the road or other animal is just going to freeze them and make them act even more erratically as you approach.

I drive 1000 miles a week in a shitty 2008 F150 that doesn't even have fog lamps. Is it nice to see further down the road with brighter headlights on a dark country road? Yes, but is it really necessary? Not really.

For those of you that ride with your fog lamps on 100% of the time:
Why? It’s just a waste of fog lamp bulb life. The fog lamps only illuminate the ground 3 ft in front of your car when the air is clear of fog or rain mist. Fog lamps are to help drivers in front of you see you further through the obstructed atmosphere, not help you see the asphalt 2 ft in front of the car.

Ok boomer. End Grandpa rant.

whew, i feel better now

Last edited:

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
The "20 Si has LED headlights with auto-brights enabled by default - could this be the issue?
P.S. There's nothing wrong with properly designed and aimed LED headlights.

Jeffers

First Name
Jeffers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe purchased on 11-24-19
Country flag

aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
Country flag
I don't have a 2020 or one with LEDs but is it safe to assume that this isn't an aiming issue? I remember reading some article that claimed like 78% of headlights were poorly aimed. I feel like almost all headlights are aimed right in my face now, but I'm not sure that I'm not getting that eye issue (I don't remember what it's called) that makes lights at night seem brighter.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
I don't have a 2020 or one with LEDs but is it safe to assume that this isn't an aiming issue? I remember reading some article that claimed like 78% of headlights were poorly aimed. I feel like almost all headlights are aimed right in my face now, but I'm not sure that I'm not getting that eye issue (I don't remember what it's called) that makes lights at night seem brighter.
I would hope that most manufacturers are aiming their headlights as best as they can from the factory, but every single one is designed differently.

Also you cant avoid getting a beam of light straight to the face if you're going down a hill or the other car hits a bump, etc.

The poorly aimed headlight problem stems from people who are finding aftermarket bulbs and stuffing them in headlight housings that weren't designed from LED light dispersal. They just kind of scatter the light everywhere. Or maybe somebody installs a new light housing and it doesn’t already come pre-aimed.

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
Happens to me A LOT, especially on the back country roads I live on.

I find it ironic when the new F250/F350 flash me because those lights are aiming directly in my eyes.

I keep my finger on the flash-to-pass lever so I can quickly correct them fools.

EDIT:
From my VW/Audi days I know Euro-spec headlamps cut the beam off to prevent blinding on-coming drivers.

See attached picture.

Honda Civic 10th gen Getting High Beam Flashed when driving with Low beams headlight beam

MutatedMango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si FC3
Country flag
It’s because LED lights are too fricken bright and it’s bullshit for drivers coming the other way. They should be regulated to a certain brightness and proper aiming kept in check by law.

LEDs are just so much brighter than halogens and people aren't used to them. And honestly they hurt to look at. Why outfit your vehicle with super bright LEDs for looks when nobody can look at it for more than 2 seconds in the dark before squinting their eyes and looking away?

I love DRLs and LED tail lights that don't blind you. They can be manufactured to not be stupid bright. Even a dim LED can be seen for miles.

Edit: i got more to say regarding LED headlights.
For those that argue that super bright LED lights are safer for the driver at night... How can they be safer if you are blinding incoming drivers on a 2 way road. They may veer into your path. Also shining brighter lights on a deer crossing the road or other animal is just going to freeze them and make them act even more erratically as you approach.

I drive 1000 miles a week in a shitty 2008 F150 that doesn't even have fog lamps. Is it nice to see further down the road with brighter headlights on a dark country road? Yes, but is it really necessary? Not really.

For those of you that ride with your fog lamps on 100% of the time:
Why? It’s just a waste of fog lamp bulb life. The fog lamps only illuminate the ground 3 ft in front of your car when the air is clear of fog or rain mist. Fog lamps are to help drivers in front of you see you further through the obstructed atmosphere, not help you see the asphalt 2 ft in front of the car.

Ok boomer. End Grandpa rant.

whew, i feel better now
The people flashing are flashing because of the new LED's on the 2020 Si and the Type R's not the fog lights. Honestly most of us probably run the fog lights all the time just because it looks cool

RKS17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G37s
Country flag
My son just got a Si and was flashed multiple times coming home from school. At least he asked me what the blue light icon on the dash was for and how to turn it off, lol.

PEPSIFLAME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I grew up always turning my light on, manually, night of day. I still do this. Haven't been flashed in my 2020. Of course, most people around here drive with no lights or with their brights on 24/7.

Civic18

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si (Sold); 2021 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
I get flashed a couple times a month with my 2018 si. Usually from older cars with very dim lights though.

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
The people flashing are flashing because of the new LED's on the 2020 Si and the Type R's not the fog lights. Honestly most of us probably run the fog lights all the time just because it looks cool
Agreed it does look cool and I would prefer having them come on with my low beams, but if they might blind other drivers (even though they are not LEDs) I am willing to keep them off. Are they really aimed high enough upwards to bother other people at night?

si_well

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
I have a 2020 Si and it happens to me ALL THE TIME. I used to bitch about people who drive with LEDs so bright they could see into the future. Now I’m one of those people I used to bitch about lol.
Sponsored