Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Back for an update.
So recap, they had not trimmed the bump stops and that is what they thought it might be. I called Eibach and he said it was most likely that because there are instructions to trim them and the shop did not.

My car is back and the sounds are gone. It is a huge relief.
Find it interesting that when I told civic x I was going to get the springs soon, one member said to "make sure they trim the bump stops". First thing I mentioned when I go in and the guy at the desk says it is not necessary.

.....and now we are here.

Thanks for all the feedback and help!

jscm

First Name
sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Back for an update.
So recap, they had not trimmed the bump stops and that is what they thought it might be. I called Eibach and he said it was most likely that because there are instructions to trim them and the shop did not.

My car is back and the sounds are gone. It is a huge relief.
Find it interesting that when I told civic x I was going to get the springs soon, one member said to "make sure they trim the bump stops". First thing I mentioned when I go in and the guy at the desk says it is not necessary.

.....and now we are here.

Thanks for all the feedback and help!
what do you think your mechanic did to fix your creak problem?

ryry

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
what do you think your mechanic did to fix your creak problem?
I can ask for the specific details if someone would like. I am mechanically inclined and a bit of it was lost on me. Let me know

jscm

First Name
sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can ask for the specific details if someone would like. I am mechanically inclined and a bit of it was lost on me. Let me know
Im interested on what solved the issue cause i have the same problem

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
Front and Rear left camber out of spec by a hair, tech and I felt camber kit wasn’t necessary.I’ve had no issues with tire wear or noises. If you get anymore drop than the pro kit offers I’d kit a camber kit.

D813F52F-3729-4FC7-B1F3-429534C92667.jpeg

A11BB0AE-777E-4A42-BD48-5922B116A995.jpeg
If you don't mind me asking, where did you get your springs installed? I couldn't help but notice we're in the same area and I've been looking for a competent and affordable place to get the Pro-Kit installed. Thanks in advance!

Ben0012

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Sedan 2.0 CVT
Country flag
If you don't mind me asking, where did you get your springs installed? I couldn't help but notice we're in the same area and I've been looking for a competent and affordable place to get the Pro-Kit installed. Thanks in advance!
RNR wheel and tire out of N Chesterfield, Tommy did the install.

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
RNR wheel and tire out of N Chesterfield, Tommy did the install.
Awesome, thanks! Mind sharing how much it cost? Did you bring your own Pro-Kit or did they supply it for you? Also, did they trim the bump stops?

Ben0012

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Sedan 2.0 CVT
Country flag
Awesome, thanks! Mind sharing how much it cost? Did you bring your own Pro-Kit or did they supply it for you? Also, did they trim the bump stops?
I don't have the receipt on me, I can get it tonight and post it. I want to say all together install and alignment it was around $450 give or take a few bucks. I got the the springs from tirerack.com, RNR couldn't beat their price. So I got the springs and called them up and set an appointment for install. As far as the bump stops I'm not sure, I would assume they did cut them as I've had zero problems in over 15,000 miles and well over a year and it is written on the install instructions from Eibach. Ill post the receipt when I get home. Hope this helps.

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
I don't have the receipt on me, I can get it tonight and post it. I want to say all together install and alignment it was around $450 give or take a few bucks. I got the the springs from tirerack.com, RNR couldn't beat their price. So I got the springs and called them up and set an appointment for install. As far as the bump stops I'm not sure, I would assume they did cut them as I've had zero problems in over 15,000 miles and well over a year and it is written on the install instructions from Eibach. Ill post the receipt when I get home. Hope this helps.
I definitely appreciate your detailed response fellow RVA Civic fam!

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks Great Ben! Do you have the Goca papers for the Eibach springs ?

ikbenben

Belgium spec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic 1.5T Sport Plus HB
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks Great Ben! Do you have the Goca papers for the Eibach springs ?
Yes I do. On Wednesday I have an appointment for the inspection.
Sponsored