First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Please do. I’d hate to have that as a new permanent “feature” of my car. Good luck in your “settling” time period.
I am only 400km of my 3000km before I do the 2nd realignment (the amount they said would have had the springs settled. I will wait until this time to have the final say on it)
Sponsored

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am only 400km of my 3000km before I do the 2nd realignment (the amount they said would have had the springs settled. I will wait until this time to have the final say on it)
3000km for springs to settle? That's ridiculous.
A quick ride around the block and they are "settled", or seated.
This whole "settling" thing has long been a load of crap.
High quality springs don't settle.
That being said, the rest of the suspension/ bushings may adjust a bit to compensate for the difference in weight distribution, caused by the springs.This is what sometimes gives the appearance of "settling".
If your springs are making that much noise, something is not right. Sounds like yours are not seated correctly.

Ack Jr.

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SPORT CVT
Country flag
That being said, the rest of the suspension/ bushings may adjust a bit to compensate for the difference in weight distribution, caused by the springs.This is what sometimes gives the appearance of "settling".
If your springs are making that much noise, something is not right. Sounds like yours are not seated correctly.
I've lowered a bunch of cars... I've never had to wait for noise to "settle" during any.. I guess I'd like guys with other brands to weigh in. Did the D2, Tien, Truehart, H&R buyers have these issues?? This could be a real deal breaker for me. Only the people experiencing the issue and waiting for it to settle are commenting. I await more feedback.

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here is my pro-kit. Installed the truhart rear camber kit last week. Anyone knows anything about the front camber kit on our car? The rear is within specs now but the front is out of wack lol

Honda Civic 10th gen Getting Eibach Pro kit installed this friday....show me your Pro kits Photo_1555713012173

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Here is my pro-kit. Installed the truhart rear camber kit last week. Anyone knows anything about the front camber kit on our car? The rear is within specs now but the front is out of wack lol

Photo_1555713012173.jpg
According to Eibach, the front is supposed to be adjustable to within OE spec without any extra hardware

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
According to Eibach, the front is supposed to be adjustable to within OE spec without any extra hardware
This is actually good news to hear. I might look for a pair of camber plates to help just in case.

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Photo_1555713012173.jpg
Are you sure it's the front camber and not the caster?
My caster is out of whack on one side, but was told it's not a big deal.
Honda Civic 10th gen Getting Eibach Pro kit installed this friday....show me your Pro kits IMG_0992.JPG

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are you sure it's the front camber and not the caster?
My caster is out of whack on one side, but was told it's not a big deal.
IMG_0992.JPG
I'm aware of the caster; you can't change it. It's the camber that I'm worrying about.

ryry

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Maybe I will go in earlier regarding the creaking. I don’t think it fits the “that much noise” reference, It isn’t that loud but it is there.
I will call (actually right now) because it is possible he just wanted the 2nd alignment after 3000km but not specifically for the springs to settle.

ryry

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Maybe I will go in earlier regarding the creaking. I don’t think it fits the “that much noise” reference, It isn’t that loud but it is there.
I will call (actually right now) because it is possible he just wanted the 2nd alignment after 3000km but not specifically for the springs to settle.
Thanks Deezy. Just got off the phone. I actually didn’t clarify the “settling of springs” because when I mentioned the creaking noises he said to bring it in for inspection, where the other guy said to give it a little time.
I go in at the end of the week and will talk about my findings for whoever is interested.
A quick google found a lot of comments on “creaking” so I thought it was part of it.

ryry

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So a bit of a long winded and unfortunate follow-up. They found nothing but tightened everything and inspected everything. The problem though, is that the guy that took down my information wrote the noise happened at speeds 30-50 km/hr. It happens at 5-15km/hr because i need to turn the wheels quite far to bring the noise on.
So the guy that did the actual job came to my car and we went over it together. This is the first time he heard it, and acknowledged that something isn't right. The plan is for me to continue to drive and keep track of any notes or added information that will help until i go back in 2000km for the re-alignment. He will then go over it again.

I was a little annoyed that they originally didn't find anything wrong and that this is just how it was going to be. I feel better that they have heard it now and they are going to investigate and (hopefully) find the issue. I will post a follow up in the next few weeks if anyone is interested.

The noise is best heard doing a slow 3 point turn. He said it sounded like a "stretching-type noise", i think it's more like quiet creaking-type sounds. I am going to continue to google and search for information on it. It is torqued to spec.

Thanks

Ack Jr.

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SPORT CVT
Country flag
So a bit of a long winded and unfortunate follow-up. They found nothing but tightened everything and inspected everything. The problem though, is that the guy that took down my information wrote the noise happened at speeds 30-50 km/hr. It happens at 5-15km/hr because i need to turn the wheels quite far to bring the noise on.
So the guy that did the actual job came to my car and we went over it together. This is the first time he heard it, and acknowledged that something isn't right. The plan is for me to continue to drive and keep track of any notes or added information that will help until i go back in 2000km for the re-alignment. He will then go over it again.

I was a little annoyed that they originally didn't find anything wrong and that this is just how it was going to be. I feel better that they have heard it now and they are going to investigate and (hopefully) find the issue. I will post a follow up in the next few weeks if anyone is interested.

The noise is best heard doing a slow 3 point turn. He said it sounded like a "stretching-type noise", i think it's more like quiet creaking-type sounds. I am going to continue to google and search for information on it. It is torqued to spec.

Thanks
Thanks for keeping us in the loop. It always sucks when people miscommunicate car problems to the tech. Damn, just let us talk to them off the bat. LOL!

ryry

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Small update.
I sent in a list of potential problems that could cause this issue (at their suggestion). I sent it into the tech who is going to work on my car. He emailed me back and was interested in the idea of cutting of the bump stops idea (that others have mentioned to me). I originally brought that up when I brought my car in at the shop but the guy at the desk didn't give it much thought.

I can't say this is the issue, just that it sparked his interest. I really hope this is it.
Others online have said it is a sound that will not go away. It really makes my car sound like I did something cheap to it.
My car goes into the shop next week and will be there for the day.