• Watchers 22

verbalj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
These all look great. I had no idea the pro kit lowered the car this much. What do the sportlines look like then? I thought I would have to get sportlines to achieve these looks.

PDCruzer

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Does anyone know if I need a camber kit when ordering the Pro Kit?

Ben0012

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Sedan 2.0 CVT
Country flag
Does anyone know if I need a camber kit when ordering the Pro Kit?
For the pro kit you don’t, mine was put back in alignment very close to spec, if it’s way out (unlikely) you’ll need it

JDMsway1994!

First Name
Josue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Ex
Country flag
was camber kit necessary, or did you just put em during install as a precaution? And which spc kit did you use?
I installed as a precaution. I have the positive camber version. I also have the spc front camber positive as well. I want my alignment within factory specs.

Good thing I got it though because I have the coilovers that i ordered. ill be putting on sometime within the upcoming year and I plan to go low on them like the eibach sportline drop. I belive its 1.4 front and 1.2 rear drop for the hatchback.

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
I installed as a precaution. I have the positive camber version. I also have the spc front camber positive as well. I want my alignment within factory specs.

Good thing I got it though because I have the coilovers that i ordered. ill be putting on sometime within the upcoming year and I plan to go low on them like the eibach sportline drop. I belive its 1.4 front and 1.2 rear drop for the hatchback.
I’m on the fence if I need to order the rear kit. I’ve heard many say it’s not necessary, but I don’t want to do it half ass to save a little money now, and be screwed later because of it.

I’m new to this lowered car thing, I’ve never lowered a car... is there a big difference in quality on different priced camber kits? I see 2 sets of spc kits, one is a little over $200, the other is like $350...

JDMsway1994!

First Name
Josue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Ex
Country flag
I’m on the fence if I need to order the rear kit. I’ve heard many say it’s not necessary, but I don’t want to do it half ass to save a little money now, and be screwed later because of it.

I’m new to this lowered car thing, I’ve never lowered a car... is there a big difference in quality on different priced camber kits? I see 2 sets of spc kits, one is a little over $200, the other is like $350...
Yeah same I've been told its not necessary but some of my boys who are on the eibach ended up telling me they needed to get the kit because the rear camber was very close to the high end of the tolerance. I Think it's better to be safe then sorry bro.

Out of my 4 cars I owned this civic hatch is the first one I ever lowered. The spc and eibach rear camber kit its the same thing. The only difference is that you are paying for the name brand. The cool thing about me purchasing the rear camber kit and front camber kit is that my dealer worked with me to get my alignment within factory specs.

You can purchase the spc camber kit on procivic.com I got the positive one to get my camber within factory specs.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Has anyone installed the rear camber kit themselves? Difficultly level? Looks pretty tight in there.

Bannon

First Name
Bannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T
Country flag
I was told by a reputable wheels shop that lowering springs is not safe for higher speed as the rear becomes bumpy? He said just save the trouble and go for the coilovers.

Zodd

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic sport 1.5t 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was told by a reputable wheels shop that lowering springs is not safe for higher speed as the rear becomes bumpy? He said just save the trouble and go for the coilovers.
with prokit on hatchback no problems at 142mph on not so smooth highways... but prokit is like 1" drop
i dont know how stock shocks behave on springs that are 2"...
Sponsored