Getting cold feet after reading about infotainment issues

corbygray528

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-Z
Country flag
Man... I curse you with a fucking lemon with issues the next day for your next car, with a dealership that won't own upto it. Have fun.
Nothing about what you have said is them "not owning up to it". They offered to make you an appointment on monday... I don't know what more you want. You've obviously never run a shop or any other business before. Appointments exist for a reason, and they can't just ignore these other people who have appointments because one guy just bought a car yesterday and has an issue with it.
Sponsored

seanguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Nothing about what you have said is them "not owning up to it". They offered to make you an appointment on monday... I don't know what more you want. You've obviously never run a shop or any other business before. Appointments exist for a reason, and they can't just ignore these other people who have appointments because one guy just bought a car yesterday and has an issue with it.
They didn't offered me to make an appointment with their "internal service advisor," and transferred me. He didn't pick up his phone, so I left him a voice message. I haven't received a call back.

I've also gone to their service dept in person to schedule an appointment, but Monday is their earliest for regular service/repair. This is not a regular service/repair. This is a BRAND NEW VEHICLE. Thinking this is acceptable is really dumb.

corbygray528

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-Z
Country flag
If the earliest they can give you an appointment is Monday, then it's not dumb at all. But you're going to complain about what you're going to complain about. You should be complaining about the dealer and calling them worthless instead of the car. The car isn't a lemon, your dealer is (in your opinion). I for one understand the need for appointments. If they don't have the ability to schedule you earlier than monday, then I don't know what more you want from them than an appointment on monday.

Rawnerve1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 crv
Country flag
They didn't offered me to make an appointment with their "internal service advisor," and transferred me. He didn't pick up his phone, so I left him a voice message. I haven't received a call back.

I've also gone to their service dept in person to schedule an appointment, but Monday is their earliest for regular service/repair. This is not a regular service/repair. This is a BRAND NEW VEHICLE. Thinking this is acceptable is really dumb.
What dealer in NJ?

holtbest12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan

I purchased a 2016 Civic Touring last week that has a severe rattle coming from the rear passenger side. Both myself and my passenger heard the rattle on my drive home. I drove it back the same day and handed them the keys because I knew they would have to take the trim apart and I didn't want that on a new car. The next day, service wasn't able to replicate the noise but I knew the issue wasn't resolved. The dealer offered to trade the car out for the other Touring they had but I did not want black, only the Cosmic Blue. They ordered me one which will arrive there in a couple weeks. They offered to put me up in a rental until my car arrived but I have another car I can drive in the meantime.

The car was a dealer trade so I insisted on driving the car back from the dealer and I noticed the noise on the initial drive to the dealership before I purchased the car. I went back the next day after service told me it was most likely the loose plate bracket. I drove the car again and didn't hear the noise so I bought it since Cosmic Blue Tourings are rare here.

My advice to you is to drive your car back, hand them the keys and request they swap it out for another comparable car they have there. There's no need for you to have to take it through service since you have these issues with a brand new car. If they are a good dealer they will accommodate you.

Last edited:

Rawnerve1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 crv
Country flag
I purchased a 2016 Civic Touring last week that has a severe rattle coming from the rear passenger side. I noticed it on my drive home. I drove it back the same day and handed them the keys because I knew they would have to take the trim apart and I didn't want that on a new car. The next day, service wasn't able to replicate the noise but I knew the issue wasn't resolved. The dealer offered to trade the car out for the other Touring they had but I did not want black, only the Cosmic Blue. They ordered me one which will arrive there in a couple weeks. They offered to put me up in a rental until my car arrived but I have another car I can drive in the meantime.

My advice to you is to drive your car back, hand them the keys and request they swap it out for another comparable car they have there. There's no need for you to have to take it through service since you have these issues with a brand new car. If they are a good dealer they will accommodate you.
Im going to call BS.... And heres why. First post and your complaining about a rattle that you hear. Your dealer does not hear the noise but still orders you a brand new car.... Really?????? Most people cant get a dealer to do a update but you get them to order you a new car because of a imaginary rattle...

holtbest12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Im going to call BS.... And heres why. First post and your complaining about a rattle that you hear. Your dealer does not hear the noise but still orders you a brand new car.... Really?????? Most people cant get a dealer to do a update but you get them to order you a new car because of a imaginary rattle...
Yeah it was my first post but I'm just hoping my experience thus far can help this owner out. The dealer I bought from has gone above and beyond to ensure that I am satisfied with the car. The rattle was really bad. My passenger sat in the backseat and confirmed it. Definitely a defect somewhere. The rear passenger door handle also had like a springy sound and feel that was off and confirmed by the service adviser as needing to be replaced. Probably just QA issues.

Rawnerve1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 crv
Country flag
Yeah it was my first post but I'm just hoping my experience thus far can help this owner out. The dealer I bought from has gone above and beyond to ensure that I am satisfied with the car. The rattle was really bad. My passenger sat in the backseat and confirmed it. Definitely a defect somewhere. The rear passenger door handle also had like a springy sound and feel that was off and confirmed by the service adviser as needing to be replaced. Probably just QA issues.
But the dealer never herd the rattle and still ordered you a new car that will be here in a few weeks.... its about a 6 weeks to order and receive a car freshly built. Then the dealer stuck with a used car caused its already registered...All because they want you to be happy cause you her a rattle.. A little hard to believe...

holtbest12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan
But the dealer never herd the rattle and still ordered you a new car that will be here in a few weeks.... its about a 6 weeks to order and receive a car freshly built. Then the dealer stuck with a used car caused its already registered...All because they want you to be happy cause you her a rattle.. A little hard to believe...
It's people like you that lower their expectations which leads to dealers lowering their level of service. I was just as surprised that I didn't have to fight for what I believed was the right thing for them to do in my case. I asked them what they could do for me, they offered. Great dealer. Ratings matter, and I will give them high marks when that Honda survey comes my way.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Make the decision based on the information you have. Just do your due diligence.

I bought my EX sedan back in June and had zero issues with it. No issues with AA, no rattle, no weird startup noise. Zip. Zada. Nothing. No panel gaps, No weird warping or dents. I love my Civic and enjoy driving it. Some people are too hasty to go off and call something a "lemon" because it just doesn't match their preference or style. Complaining about a 1-1.5cm panel gap and calling the car a lemon seems a bit extreme. Infotainment issues that are linked with wither Android or Apple phones may not be strictly a Honda software issue and can be both Honda and Apple/Android. Before going about blasting brands apart, do your research and make sure you know the source of the problem and why there is a problem.

I don't trust one specific source for information. I try to refer to multiple sources and those that can be trusted and be reliable. It's one thing to base everything off a few customer experience and one thing to trust the opinions and comments on experts. The 10th gen has been doing very well sales wise. I could be wrong but I would think that perhaps a majority of them are working fine. Obviously there might be issues with some cars but the cars with issues are much much less common than cars that don't have issues. Regardless of how good a company is, any product they make could have issues. Especially a car that is mass produced to the degree the Civic is.

Ex. If you ever bought some Lego building blocks. Have you ever received a piece that was a bit weird? They produce millions of Lego pieces. Most are good but there are always some that can be bad. Do you paint Lego as a terrible brand because of that?

Some people just baffle me.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ZX3
Well I pulled the trigger on a '16 Civic Coupe. They didn't have my blue in but the black looked so sleek and amazing that I settled for it. Plus if I get tired of black, I can always paint the car later.

Thank you for helping me through this somewhat debacle. I am loving it so far! Way more stuff in it than my 2001 Ford Focus which I had been driving since 2006 but was in my family since 2001.

Also, a somewhat silly question, but when I set a wallpaper for the clock, how do I see it in action? All I ever see is the main menu. Is there a way to activate the clock view I chose?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ZX3
There is a YouTube video that will show you how.
Do you happen to have it? I can't find anything on it.

Like, I have set the wallpaper and figured out you can go to Info -> Clock/Wallpaper. But it doesn't seem like that is the intended way to see the clock screen.

Is there another way to get the clock to show up?

Ghostinnc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 black pearl Civic EX-T coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
One thing to remember about the internet is that people are quick to complain when they have a problem. Conversely, people that are satisfied tend to stay quiet. For every complaint you're seeing there are likely dozens upon dozens of happy Civic owners out there.

I've personally had my EX-T for a month now and have yet to encounter a real issue.
I concour My EX-T coupe mfg date 04/2016 picked up May 24th other than stupid 3rd brake light issue (Fixed Myself) that's also it so far :thumbsup:
Sponsored