Getting a high pitched ringing / buzzing noise after turning off the engine.

The_KEG

The_KEG
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR
After shutting off my engine, I can hear a high pitched ringing / buzzing sound for about 5 seconds before it goes away, anyone know whats causing this?
Sponsored

cloudyy

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR, 320i, S2000
Country flag
I get that too. I feel like it's the AC.

OP
OP
The_KEG

The_KEG

The_KEG
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR
I get that too. I feel like it's the AC.
Maybe its always been there and I just never got out of the car soon enough to really hear it, but now that I noticed it, its bugging me.

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I hear a ringing sound on deccel and today at the car wash the a/c compressor started doing weird sounds

Zippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Acura RDX, 2017 Civic Type R CW #184
After shutting off my engine, I can hear a high pitched ringing / buzzing sound for about 5 seconds before it goes away, anyone know whats causing this?
Mine has always done this. It's actually quite noticeable and loud when in a closed garage. It does it even with climate control system off. Sounds like a relay or something powering down. Seems to be a normal characteristic.

OP
OP
The_KEG

The_KEG

The_KEG
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR
Mine has always done this. It's actually quite noticeable and loud when in a closed garage. It does it even with climate control system off. Sounds like a relay or something powering down. Seems to be a normal characteristic.
Thank You!

I was parked in a closed garage when I first noticed this today. Yeah I tried turning off the A/C also, but if its normal it sort of makes me feel a little better. But thank you for giving me a little bit of piece of mind, thought I might have screwed some wiring up.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
I have that exact same noise too, its the AC/fans shutting down which is perfectly normal and nothing to worry about.

sharkb8fk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Si Sedan (sold), 2012 Fit Sport, 2017 Type R
Country flag
Pretty sure what you're hearing is normal. If it's what I think it is, you'll also hear it if you turn on your accessories without turning the car fully on (press the start button twice without putting your foot on the clutch)

stevescivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type-R, 1990 CRX Si
Country flag
yeah it sounds like a driver circuit for the headlights or something weird like that and then I hear a series of clicks and then everything goes silent.

From the sounds of it I think what we're experiencing is perfectly normal.

OP
OP
The_KEG

The_KEG

The_KEG
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR
Ok, seems to be completely normal on any car with a turbo, I just never noticed it before, I only started to hear it when I was swapping out my side markers and had to turn the wheels to work on the other side.

Zippy was right, its way more noticeable when parked in a garage or enclosed area.

Apparently its just a fan or a turbine cooling the turbo down, same sound comes out of my fiance's C300. Feel silly now, haha, but just wanted to piece of mind that I didn't screw up the wiring while installing the side markers.

Thanks for everyone's help, I appreciate it!!!