Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S2000 Roadster, 2019 Civic Type R, 2020 Supra
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You had drone on the stealth version? Catless dp?

It’s a cat back and zero drone. The plates come with each exhaust and can be switched easily I have never used the plates as essentially they are not needed due to proper design by borla. I have mine with no plates and no drone. There’s not much change in downpipe performance so the borla is the ultimate solution for zero drone and a Sportscar sound; not a loud fart can Civic. While many cheaper exhausts are available the Borla was everything I wanted it to be after listening to the many options available.

Sponsored

Last edited:

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It’s a cat back and zero drone. The plates come with each exhaust and can be switched easily I have never used the plates as essentially they are not needed due to proper design by borla. I have mine with no plates and no drone. There’s not much change in downpipe performance so the borla is the ultimate solution for zero drone and a Sportscar sound; not a loud fart can Civic. While many cheaper exhausts are available the Borla was everything I wanted it to be after listening to the many options available.

It depends how you define drone. If he thought MAP Stealth with stock DP/FP was drone-y then he likely will be unhappy with any aftermarket exhaust setup.

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si. 2006 bmw 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Sorry I was referring to the guy with the 1.5t saying he had drone on a different system. Glad you like the borla though, it’s weight makes it the only exhaust I’d want. My problem is I have a catless downpipe which has a lot of drone without the right setup

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S2000 Roadster, 2019 Civic Type R, 2020 Supra
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The Borla does not have any drone in the cabin at cruising speeds. There's a reason it's more expensive than most, and you can tell the organ pipe info in their YT video makes accurate sense to how they achieved that once you hear it on the highway. I listened and read up significantly to every exhaust on the market, I wanted the least drone and the CF tips are just icing on the cake. DP & FP choices can always heavily effect the cabin on any car. as they are the closest to the driver and front passenger.

OP
OP
Ian@Borla

Ian@Borla

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borla
Country flag
Yeah not seeing anything but maybe $100-200 off
Hello! Our promotion is up to $500 off of MSRP so while it can be as high as $500, it won't necessarily be $500 off for all of our systems. Thank you!

Memogiyi

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Had the Borla on my Si for a few months now, they have yet to disappoint, it sounds fantastic :thumbsup:
Is it worth it in your opinion?

I’m all stock, so I’m thinking the exhaust will be a nice legal-ish mod.

Last edited:

shibles

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wanna get either this or awe touring,just wonder if there’s any drone at around 2k rpm and around 3k rpm? Accel and Decel? I had map stealth for a few weeks and I didn’t like the drone especially when off throttle around the rpm ranges above.
I haven't experienced any drone, there's definitely resonant frequencies but it isn't drone-y at all.

Is it worth it in your option?

I’m all stock, so I’m thinking the exhaust will be a nice legal-ish mod.
Absolutely, I have not looked back since. It's also significantly lighter, I have noticed more power and better acceleration, especially in 3rd and 4th.

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've had my Borla ATAK on my car since December. There's only one issue. The pipe connection between the last pipe and the muffler wasn't flanged right so there's an air leak. Contacted them in December about it and they are aware of the issue. They said they would ship me out a new one once it was built and still have not received it. But, the good thing...They said I can still drive on the current setup.
Otherwise, I have to say fit and quality is very nice. And the sound....on point for me. By the way my favorite sound is when the middle pipe it completely blocked off. I tested the decibel level and this is the only one of the three combos that is California legal.

Memogiyi

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Absolutely, I have not looked back since. It's also significantly lighter, I have noticed more power and better acceleration, especially in 3rd and 4th.
Awesome! I’m going to get it. Thanks for the response!

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
This advertisement post is inappropriate in this forum and also misleading.

This is a forum specifically for 10th generation Honda Civic Si vehicle discussion. None of your exhaust options for these vehicles are even half the discount you are advertising here.

@administrator this should be at best moved to a more appropriate forum. At worst, it should be deleted as false advertising.

This isn't a classified newspaper.

Memogiyi

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
This advertisement post is inappropriate in this forum and also misleading.

This is a forum specifically for 10th generation Honda Civic Si vehicle discussion. None of your exhaust options for these vehicles are even half the discount you are advertising here.

@administrator this should be at best moved to a more appropriate forum. At worst, it should be deleted as false advertising.

This isn't a classified newspaper.
Lol why are you upset? I agree the advertisement that Borla threw on here was misleading!!! 500 off was a good deal. Click bait, really.

However, it led me into looking up and researching their exhaust and I like it. I honesty didn’t figure on getting an exhaust before a tune/Cai, but I think an exhaust is a good route to take. I haven’t purchased an exhaust on any of my vehicles in the past. I appreciate our other members input as I will be purchasing the exhaust for my Xgen Si.

I’ll even post some pics of install and sound clips, soon.

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Lol why are you upset? I agree the advertisement that Borla threw on here was misleading!!! 500 off was a good deal. Click bait, really.

However, it led me into looking up and researching their exhaust and I like it. I honesty didn’t figure on getting an exhaust before a tune/Cai, but I think an exhaust is a good route to take. I haven’t purchased an exhaust on any of my vehicles in the past. I appreciate our other members input as I will be purchasing the exhaust for my Xgen Si.

I’ll even post some pics of install and sound clips, soon.
The forum sponsor rules prohibit posts exactly like this one.

In addition, the misleading nature is questionable at best.

We are better than copypasta clickbait sales tactics, even if they weren't prohibited by the forum sponsor rules.

2) Please make all commercial posts in the classifieds forums (and/or your own subforum if you are an ELITE sponsor). Commercial posts are any which discuss pricing, discounts, sales, groupbuys, and the like. Violations will result in thread being moved to proper section.

I could abide them posting in the Si forums that their SI exhausts are on sale.

I could abide them posting in their Elite Sponsor subforum or the sponsor classifieds that their exhausts are "up to $500 off".

I cannot abide by them posting in the Civic Si forum that their exhausts are "up to $500 off" when it's obviously a misleading sales tactics that does not apply to the cars this subforum is explicitly dedicated to.

Honestly, regardless of the rules if they posted that the Borla Civic Si exhausts were (exactly the discount for the Si exhausts), I wouldn't complain. But I am sick and tired of marketing bullshit, which they are shoveling at us here.

I'm sorry Borla, but in today's world with several competitors for most parts, deceptive marketing will lose you sales. I'll never buy a Borla exhaust now even though I'm in the market and have been studying my options. Today's consumers are smarter and more discerning than ever, so don't feed us bullshit.

Last edited:

shibles

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You never know who on this forum might have other cars. Also I dont see anything wrong with one small business announcing a promotion. You're tired of big corporations shoving their name down your throat every page you visit, not small businesses getting their name out. If they posted stuff like this every day all the time I'd be bothered.

Also, not buying their exhaust just to spite them is kinda like cutting off your nose to spite your face. Like that's your loss lol
Sponsored