TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@Hondata

Enabled the new mod and reflashed (91-oct-intercooler-improved_throttle-tc-disable_egt). Went out for a drive (68F temp) and data-logged. The thing is a monster in 3rd and 4th under throttle. Certifiably fast. Butt dyno felt quicker than before. Couldn't do WOT due to slightly uphill and curved road (no traffic). Observed as high as 21.6 psi at 87% Tpedal. However, I also observed 2 degrees of knock retard (K.Retard #3, K Retard #2) three separate times lasting two seconds each. And Knock Control at times near and above 200%. Everything else looked fine.

So, I think I need better than 91-oct fuel which is not easily accessible in SoCal. I've since reflashed back to base map (91-oct-intercooler-improved_throttle-tc) and disabled the new mod (box unchecked). Will do another data log and compare the two runs.

Car has PRL intercooler and ebay grille as the only two performance mods (besides Flashpro).

Honda Civic 10th gen Get More Boost From Your Civic Type R - FK8 FlashPro Update upload_2019-8-11_1-28-32
Sponsored

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ignore knock count and knock control - the bosch ecus do not have it. Knock level is not useful either. 2 degrees of knock retard for a two cylinders at around 6000 rpm is normal for 91 octane. In your case it is a single cylinder a little lower and I think from the target AF being in the transition from stoic to rich, but still normal.

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
Strange thing for me is the first day I put this new mod on I was getting 24 lbs consistent. Parked the car overnight took back out next day and now cant get above 21 lbs? Did the ECU adjust something? And would be curious how hondata got 29 lbs in their runs.

P.S. How did I become the OP of this thread? I didn't start it. The original posts before mine are gone.

Last edited:

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Reuploaded 93 octane all stock.

Notice boost stick at 25-26psi uptop.

It hit 27psi at 4k once lol

This was done at 25 Celsius.

I guess this isn't recommended?

redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag

I would be careful with to much boost down low that is how you will take out a rod real quick.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Strange thing for me is the first day I put this new mod on I was getting 24 lbs consistent. Parked the car overnight took back out next day and now cant get above 21 lbs? Did the ECU adjust something? And would be curious how hondata got 29 lbs in their runs.

P.S. How did I become the OP of this thread? I didn't start it. The original posts before mine are gone.
you were the OP of this thread though. You were the one who started it.

you have to realize how this ecu works. boost is just a parameter for the ecu to obtain the requested torque you set. If the car doesn't need as much boost in order to hit the requested torque, it won't add boost.
Increase your torque request and your aircharge if you want to see more boost.

i highly advise against that. Lots of boost and gobs of low end torque will kill your rods. The rods have already been shown to be the weak point of this motor.
Either limit your aircharge or lower your torque request so you don't hit so much so quick ...

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thats just it I didnt start it , hondata did. They posted the news and charts. My post was a reply to those. Now their posts are gone and my post got bumped it first and made me the OP. My first post seems odd and out of place because it wasnt the first post. Look at the second post is also referencing charts that were posted originally before me. Im not the op. Hondata posted charts and the announcement of this mod here and now its gone...curious why

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thats just it I didnt start it , hondata did. They posted the news and charts. My post was a reply to those. Now their posts are gone and my post got bumped it first and made me the OP. My first post seems odd and out of place because it wasnt the first post. Look at the second post is also referencing charts that were posted originally before me. Im not the op. Hondata posted charts and the announcement of this mod here and now its gone...curious why
OP’s (Hondata) post was moved down to reply #8. It’s still there last I checked. No worries. We know you didn’t start the thread.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
oh i must've saw it late and after it was moved for some reason then lol.
when i first clicked on the thread you were already the first one.

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
oh i must've saw it late and after it was moved for some reason then lol.
when i first clicked on the thread you were already the first one.
No biggie, i was just confused, no.idea why mod rearranged posts. Oh well.

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag

you have to realize how this ecu works. boost is just a parameter for the ecu to obtain the requested torque you set. If the car doesn't need as much boost in order to hit the requested torque, it won't add boost.

i highly advise against that. Lots of boost and gobs of low end torque will kill your rods. The rods have already been shown to be the weak point of this motor.
Either limit your aircharge or lower your torque request so you don't hit so much so quick ...
It's at 3500+ RPM

My torque is only set to 480nm

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Boost is not the target; torque is. So with more air density you'll need less boost to make the same torque. I've given up explaining things as torque and just use boost, as that is what people expect, but the ECU works with torque not boost.

To get 29lbs we have higher torque tables, pressure ratio tables etc and limit everything so that the wastegate is not getting too closed to fully closed.

Two threads were merged I believe.

Lots of boost and gobs of low end torque will kill your rods.
I don't think this is so but already has been accepted as dogma for the FK8.

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Boost is not the target; torque is. So with more air density you'll need less boost to make the same torque. I've given up explaining things as torque and just use boost, as that is what people expect, but the ECU works with torque not boost.

To get 29lbs we have higher torque tables, pressure ratio tables etc and limit everything so that the wastegate is not getting too closed to fully closed.

Two threads were merged I believe.

I don't think this is so but already has been accepted as dogma for the FK8.
If it’s not the spike in low end torque that causes rods to fail, what do you think it is? You mentioned the hondata shop car has been running high amounts of torque for a while - what was done to keep the rods from breaking on that one? Thanks

redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
If it’s not the spike in low end torque that causes rods to fail, what do you think it is? You mentioned the hondata shop car has been running high amounts of torque for a while - what was done to keep the rods from breaking on that one? Thanks
Ya I was curious if this has just been on the dyno or beating on the street because I feel like that is two completely different scenarios.
Sponsored