SpinRush

First Name
Big Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 ( Waiting )
Country flag
Hi, I’m a newbie to Tuning and of course I have a newbish question. I really want to understand what you mean by “air charge”? Are you referring to the air intake? I’m using an Eventuri on my FK8 and I don’t think the ECU likes it, It feels like a ballooning effect at high speed.

Furthermore, people have claimed that the stock ECU could “relearn” after the Eventuri was installed. Really?

Last question: Hondata “clone”? Does such a thing really exist? Can I buy an ECU and still keep the stock ECU for those days when I have to deal with a dealer who against my freedom?

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi, I’m a newbie to Tuning and of course I have a newbish question. I really want to understand what you mean by “air charge”? Are you referring to the air intake? I’m using an Eventuri on my FK8 and I don’t think the ECU likes it, It feels like a ballooning effect at high speed.

Furthermore, people have claimed that the stock ECU could “relearn” after the Eventuri was installed. Really?

Last question: Hondata “clone”? Does such a thing really exist? Can I buy an ECU and still keep the stock ECU for those days when I have to deal with a dealer who against my freedom?
as for eventuri...I assume you don't have flashpro? Hondata has a sepcific mod for those with eventuri...it was one of the intakes they noticed needed some modification for calibrations

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag

Yes hondata can make a clone. But between the jailbreak the clone and the flashpro you are looking at over 2k. Its all on their website.

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
as for eventuri...I assume you don't have flashpro? Hondata has a sepcific mod for those with eventuri...it was one of the intakes they noticed needed some modification for calibrations
Does anyone know what values they changed?

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
Yes hondata can make a clone. But between the jailbreak the clone and the flashpro you are looking at over 2k. Its all on their website.
The clone doesn’t matter, Honda techs from corp will know. Not sure if the dealer will, but if you ever blow your shit up Corp is going to want to see the ecu. So ya not worth the cost.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Hi, I’m a newbie to Tuning and of course I have a newbish question. I really want to understand what you mean by “air charge?”
Air charge is cylinder filling.
The ecu will look at your requested torque target for certain rpm and load.
Then it will calculate how much air charge is required to hit that requested torque.
Then it will calculate how much ign timing and boost is required to hit that air charge.

All while looking at the limits you set in the tables for said parameters.

Does anyone know what values they changed?
They just change the maf scaling

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
here are my logs if anyone is interested. Ion the 93 improved throttle basic tune with the new settings turned on. any questions ask.
It was 88 degrees out and im at 2200 above sea level if that matters. hard to get up to speed around here but there is some info there. If you see anything interesting let me know. I couldn't get above 24 psi so no idea how they got to 29. I have front, exhaust, intake, inter cooler on car.
Thanks!

Not an expert but mainly looking out for elevated Fuel Pump, Knock Retard, IAT from your logs. They look fine for normal driving (no sustained WOT). Fuel pump not maxed out, no KR, and IAT looked fine from your logs. What bolt-ons do you have?

Honda Civic 10th gen Get More Boost From Your Civic Type R - FK8 FlashPro Update upload_2019-8-9_15-34-41

Last edited:

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I took all my flex fuel stuff off and switched because he talked about how flex fuel was pointless.
Hondata has a different version of pointless. Here are the flex fuel facts, presented some time ago:

Flex Fuel on a stock FK8 for <$500 makes equivalent power to:

FK8 with
  • 100 octane
  • Intercooler
  • Downpipe
  • Exhaust
For well over $1000

Hondata's founding principle is to educate, so you can make informed decisions about mods for your car.

Dyno chart
  • Top FlashPro and Flex fuel
  • Bottom stock

Can we have a show of hands. Who thinks 78 lb-ft torque and 67 hp is pointless?

Honda Civic 10th gen Get More Boost From Your Civic Type R - FK8 FlashPro Update hondata-stock-vs-e40-sta

Last edited:
OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
Thanks!

Not an expert but mainly looking out for elevated Fuel Pump, Knock Retard, IAT from your logs. They look fine for normal driving (no sustained WOT). Fuel pump not maxed out, no KR, and IAT looked fine from your logs. What bolt-ons do you have?

upload_2019-8-9_15-34-41.png
Intake, intercooler,front pipe, exhaust. I get on it sometimes, just couldn't today but twice. She runs great not a blip or hint of errors or knock. Temps stay low. Im happy.

EzR2018

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NSX
Country flag
Hondata has a different version of pointless. Here are the flex fuel facts, presented some time ago:

Flex Fuel on a stock FK8 for <$500 makes equivalent power to:

FK8 with
  • 100 octane
  • Intercooler
  • Downpipe
  • Exhaust
For well over $1000

Hondata's founding principle is to educate, so you can make informed decisions about mods for your car.

Dyno chart
  • Top FlashPro and Flex fuel
  • Bottom stock

Can we have a show of hands. Who thinks 78 lb-ft torque and 67 hp is pointless?

hondata-stock-vs-e40-staff.gif
But it’s pointless for the folks that have FBO and use flex fuel. Before reaching the cars potential with full bolt ons, it’s out of fuel on E10 (93)

All these updates are great just can’t see how they benefit us currently with the weak fuel system.

EzR2018

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NSX
Country flag
And the super lean afr's at peak boost to still run out of fuel......nah I'll pass. I also got tired of hondata's support which was also pointless to contact. Someone finally gave me the email to one of their "lead calibrators" who just stopped emailing me back after changing random shit in my flex fuel tune that didn't help. Crazy ass +- fuel trims and the afr's going nuts. That's great support, can't figure out just stop contacting the customer!
Hate to bash hondata, i really do enjoy their products and always have but it’s hard not to agree with that. Contacting support was always pointless, i usually would get half-ass responses back as if i was emailing somebody who knew nothing about my question or hondata’s products. And often would never even get a response back.

It’s scary to think they release all of these maps and features and it’s so easy for end users to upload and just think this is safe without even knowing what to look at in a data log. At least they warned users in this latest release

Iilac

Spelled with a I not a L for Iilac.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000, CTR, TUNDRA, MAXIMA, CX9
Country flag
Hate to bash hondata, i really do enjoy their products and always have but it’s hard not to agree with that. Contacting support was always pointless, i usually would get half-ass responses back as if i was emailing somebody who knew nothing about my question or hondata’s products. And often would never even get a response back.

It’s scary to think they release all of these maps and features and it’s so easy for end users to upload and just think this is safe without even knowing what to look at in a data log. At least they warned users in this latest release

I welcome all changes that Hondata makes available to the end users. Just don't be a idiot and make changes if you don't understand it. Their technical support can only do so much for the end user. If you have a question that asks if it is safe for your car, that's a question for your tuners and not for Hondata.
Sponsored