AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Hmm I changed up the boost table, at 3-3.5k normally it's a value around 240, then as you go up in rpm that number comes down. From 4,000 rpm on I changed the intervals it would drop, from 230 to 235 225 to 230 pretty much for example. Went for a drive and only would make 24psi. With the 93 octane dp/ic map I was peaking at 26psi. Surprised it went down. Wasnt looking to increase it much, 1-2psi

The torque table was 600nm across the board which didn't make sense either that translates to 450ftlb torque which I know it's not making

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The torque tables are maximums. The pressure ratio tables or anything else can limit the boost and hence the torque. Post calibration + datalog if you want more details.

redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Hmm I changed up the boost table, at 3-3.5k normally it's a value around 240, then as you go up in rpm that number comes down. From 4,000 rpm on I changed the intervals it would drop, from 230 to 235 225 to 230 pretty much for example. Went for a drive and only would make 24psi. With the 93 octane dp/ic map I was peaking at 26psi. Surprised it went down. Wasnt looking to increase it much, 1-2psi

The torque table was 600nm across the board which didn't make sense either that translates to 450ftlb torque which I know it's not making
Most likely torque tables, I made 27-28 with the aircharge at 227 so I would be carefull and maybe lower your aircharge and up your torque tables. When we say torque tables we're talking about the throttle torque tables

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
The torque tables are maximums. The pressure ratio tables or anything else can limit the boost and hence the torque. Post calibration + datalog if you want more details.
Ok. I had datalogging enabled on my way home from work. Im going to wait until later tonight when the roads (ahem track) are clear and put it through it's paces. I just reflashed the 93 oct dp/ic +throttle and selected the mods I wanted. In the meantime I will research how to tweak variables to change results.

I can't seem to find an answer, on this, is the prl downpipe/prl ic for a catless downpipe only? I have a catted prl dp. Also my secondary o2 sensor is still hooked up, I see a lot of people disable that, it came with a cap to screw in its place but Im not sure if it's really worth it.

Thank you

Last edited:

CTRHONDATA

Banned
Banned
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
It is a stock turbo and the engine has stock internals. With an aftermarket turbo you're probably going to see greater gains.

The AFM was not rescaled, nor the MAP disabled.
I have been running several weeks with EGT disabled on a stock vehicle using e30 tune , improved throttle, rev hang disabled.
I have noticed a huge increase in torque but afraid to go WOT much past 120mph ,
My car is completely stock and have not had 1 check engine light since day 1. Should i reprogram it back to E30 tune or is it ok to leave the EGT disabled for daily around town driving. I punch it almost all the time to redline a few times a week.

Thanks!

alpinefd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Country flag
Hondata has a different version of pointless. Here are the flex fuel facts, presented some time ago:

Flex Fuel on a stock FK8 for <$500 makes equivalent power to:

FK8 with
  • 100 octane
  • Intercooler
  • Downpipe
  • Exhaust
For well over $1000

Hondata's founding principle is to educate, so you can make informed decisions about mods for your car.

Dyno chart
  • Top FlashPro and Flex fuel
  • Bottom stock

Can we have a show of hands. Who thinks 78 lb-ft torque and 67 hp is pointless?

hondata-stock-vs-e40-staff.gif
this certainly changes my approach for an occasional track car.

so it's possible to get around 380whp with just e85 + hondata flex fuel tune?
is an intercooler needed?
stock dp?

couple of questions
1. what boost level is needed? let's say e85 was used.
2. do you think this boost level is at the higher end of the turbo efficiency? and also wg travel?
3. assuming a higher boost level, would the back pressure with stock dp be too high?
4. in terms of ignition timing. How does the ethanol ignition compensation table work?
*i think there is a typo on https://www.hondata.com/help/flashpro/index.html?fk8_flex_fuel.htm, the Ethanol ignition multiplier section says "A value of 50% means that 50% of the ignition value from the Ethanol ignition multiplier table is used." isn't it 50% of the ignition compensation table?
5. wouldn't e85 on stock high pressure fuel pump be too much? i think it was already at a conservative limit with the 93octane tune right? e85 would require a lot more fuel wouldn't it? what's the max fp duty cycle with the e85 flexfuel tune?

Last edited:

alpinefd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Country flag
one more question, in the ethanol boost by ethanol limit table, why does the boost decrease as you have a higher ethanol %?

d15b7

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 1995 Civic EG K24/20 EFR7163 Fortune Auto track weapon
Country flag
one more question, in the ethanol boost by ethanol limit table, why does the boost decrease as you have a higher ethanol %?
hi! i have a totally bone stock CTR too, which I daily drive. I've really been considering buying the Hondata and Sirimoto sensor and doing the flex fuel e30 tune without buying any other mods; seems like a bargain and exactly what would suit me for running under the radar too. the way I understand it (and I may understand this totally wrong lol), the boost is actually LESS with the flex fuel tuneup (I would plan on mixing 93 and E85 to run E30 after doing a bunch of reading); reason the boost is less is that the fuel pump can't safely provide the amount of fuel (remember as ethanol content goes up, the amount of fuel required goes up too), so to keep things safe the boost level on the higher E content has to be lower. I actually think it's cool that on the E30 tune the car makes very good power at lower boost levels than stock!

Jimbofoshow

First Name
Jimbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 FK8, 06 FA1, 08, FA1, 16 ZF1, 88 BA4 Si 4WS
Country flag
Leading the Civic Type R FK8 tuning community has been an eventful journey. The countless hours spent around the clock with our hard working team, has allowed us to innovate our FlashPro software and become the industry standard for FK8 tuning while helping manufacturers develop and support bolt-on products to greatly enhance this platform.

Recently we have been working closely with PRL Motorsports to support their latest Type R products. Daniel, our chief calibrator was able to implement a tuning strategy to temporarily explore higher boost levels by rescaling the MAF sensor. In doing so this allowed us to reach new boost levels, providing there is room for more power, but this strategy is not ideal nor suitable for production software. Utilizing better fuels and a larger turbo, we came across a new ECU boost limit which was not allowing the Type R to reach full potential. With the new gathered data our programmers were able pin point the limit that was not allowing the FK8 to reach maximum boost.

We are pleased to announce our team has been able to disable this limit and create a new quick Mod adjustment that allows our end-users the ability to turn this limit on or off with the click of a button, if they desire to do so.

Software update is now available:
https://www.hondata.com/software

Youtube Dyno Video:

Warning. This mod raises the boost limits. Check with your tuner.

Follow us for more:
Instagram: @hondata_inc

hondata-flashpro-ctr-civic-type-r-boost-increase.gif

egt_limit2 copy.png

hondata-flashpro-fk8-ctr-civic-type-r-egt-boost-limit-disable.gif
I have the hondata MAF 500 mishi cold air, and mishi intercooler. Would this be safe for my FK8?