Get More Boost From Your Civic Type R - FK8 FlashPro Update

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
Hum wonder how safe this is? I see there are some other new limit removers on turbos in the settings now as well. wonder what the oem turbo can take. Also video shows power and boost before mod but not after? am I missing something?
Sponsored

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hum wonder how safe this is? I see there are some other new limit removers on turbos in the settings now as well. wonder what the oem turbo can take. Also video shows power and boost before mod but not after? am I missing something?
The charts show before and after:

Honda Civic 10th gen Get More Boost From Your Civic Type R - FK8 FlashPro Update upload_2019-8-7_19-15-10

Wondering what bolt-ons are involved as the before numbers don't align with base map (without bolt-ons) on the Flashpro product page.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The charts show before and after:

upload_2019-8-7_19-15-10.png

Wondering what bolt-ons are involved as the before numbers don't align with base map (without bolt-ons) on the Flashpro product page.
Ahh thanks I didn't see that on my screen. when i paused the adds and controls for the video covered the words up top. I couldn't see that other line either cause of color. Guess I need to adjust my laptop :)

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well I said what the heck. I went out and put the new tune on the R with my usually changes and the new stuff... and whoa.. man it is noticeable faster and way smoother through the gears.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
I thought that this just removes the top end limiters that PRL wrote about in their drop in turbo upgrade post?

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I thought that this just removes the top end limiters that PRL wrote about in their drop in turbo upgrade post?
No Idea. But It sure feels like its made a nice difference on my car. I just flashed it and took the woman for a spin and even she said it seems a nice bit faster. Who knows might be placebo butt dyno effect :)

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Leading the Civic Type R FK8 tuning community has been an eventful journey. The countless hours spent around the clock with our hard working team, has allowed us to innovate our FlashPro software and become the industry standard for FK8 tuning while helping manufacturers develop and support bolt-on products to greatly enhance this platform.

Recently we have been working closely with PRL Motorsports to support their latest Type R products. Daniel, our chief calibrator was able to implement a tuning strategy to temporarily explore higher boost levels by rescaling the MAF sensor. In doing so this allowed us to reach new boost levels, providing there is room for more power, but this strategy is not ideal nor suitable for production software. Utilizing better fuels and a larger turbo, we came across a new ECU boost limit which was not allowing the Type R to reach full potential. With the new gathered data our programmers were able pin point the limit that was not allowing the FK8 to reach maximum boost.

We are pleased to announce our team has been able to disable this limit and create a new quick Mod adjustment that allows our end-users the ability to turn this limit on or off with the click of a button, if they desire to do so.

Software update is now available:
https://www.hondata.com/software

Youtube Dyno Video:

Warning. This mod raises the boost limits. Check with your tuner.

Follow us for more:
Instagram: @hondata_inc

Honda Civic 10th gen Get More Boost From Your Civic Type R - FK8 FlashPro Update hondata-flashpro-ctr-civic-type-r-boost-increase

Honda Civic 10th gen Get More Boost From Your Civic Type R - FK8 FlashPro Update egt_limit2 copy

Honda Civic 10th gen Get More Boost From Your Civic Type R - FK8 FlashPro Update hondata-flashpro-fk8-ctr-civic-type-r-egt-boost-limit-disable

Last edited by a moderator:

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Im trying to be patient with KTuner, because I really liked their work with the 1.5T SI. With every Hondata improvement, it's getting harder and harder though. I get not embracing anti-lag - it's dangerous. But then there was the advanced traction control, and now this.

I really hope that they're just saving it all for one big release.

krees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R & 2020 Ridgeline BE
Country flag
Im trying to be patient with KTuner, because I really liked their work with the 1.5T SI. With every Hondata improvement, it's getting harder and harder though. I get not embracing anti-lag - it's dangerous. But then there was the advanced traction control, and now this.

I really hope that they're just saving it all for one big release.
You and me both. I've been teetering on the fence of dumping ktuner and getting hondata. It's getting really hard not to. I just really don't want the hassle of selling the ktuner but I may have to.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You and me both. I've been teetering on the fence of dumping ktuner and getting hondata. It's getting really hard not to. I just really don't want the hassle of selling the ktuner but I may have to.
I sold my V2 for a V1.2 last year - it sold in less than 2 days. If it comes to it, you won't have any trouble, trust me. Id just miss the low profile nature of the V1.2. I like leaving the unit plugged in for constant monitoring from the head unit. Hondata has this feature as well, but I believe that you still need to leave their programming brick dangling from the ODBII port.

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I sold my V2 for a V1.2 last year - it sold in less than 2 days. If it comes to it, you won't have any trouble, trust me. Id just miss the low profile nature of the V1.2. I like leaving the unit plugged in for constant monitoring from the head unit. Hondata has this feature as well, but I believe that you still need to leave their programming brick dangling from the ODBII port.
Its got a like 8 foot cord can put it anywhere. As for ktuner. I was gonna go with them over hondata but when I emailed questions I got back rather rude replies that didnt make sense. Then I saw them say in another thread that they weren't gonna support the platform any further due to lack of aftermarket parts? When asked to elaborate they didnt answer. Then final nail was 3 different tuners ( legit with high dollar shops) all said stay away from ktuner as their support was awefull and they had issues with getting air right with k tuner. So... im hondataed. This was my experience and im sure differs from other. These were just my reasons.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Well I said what the heck. I went out and put the new tune on the R with my usually changes and the new stuff... and whoa.. man it is noticeable faster and way smoother through the gears.
do you have any datalog you can share.
Curious to see how the fueling up top is.

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
do you have any datalog you can share.
Curious to see how the fueling up top is.
Oh I just threw it on and went for spin. I have a throttle controller on the port so didnt log anything. I got a busy day tomorrow but ill see if I can post one later in day.

WrenchMunky

First Name
Cisco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R #1589 PMM
Country flag
What other modifications are on the car besides this update?
Sponsored