GENUINE EDM HONDA ILLUMINATED DOOR SILL TRIM CIVIC TYPE R FK8 17+ Factory code SKU

JDM Power

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R (FK8)
Country flag
Hi ! I want to buy a genuine EDM Honda illuminated door sill trim for my Civic Type R FK8 2020 EUROPEAN model, and because I found the same kit with different factory codes, I don’t know wich is the correct one for my car.
For example, at Tegiwa UK and Cox motor parts UK, the SKU is : 08E12-TEA-600B,
at Nengun Japan, the SKU is: 08E12-TEA-000,
at College Hills Honda USA, the SKU is : 08E12-TEA-100B
I found that 08E12-TEA-600B is on the FK7 accesory parts list, and I presume that it is suitable for FK8 too, but I am not sure.
Of course, the same story with the other parts for interior illumination, genuine EDM Honda red door lining illuminations and genuine EDM Honda Red Ambient Footwell kit.
I don’t know what to do. If you know the difference, an answer will be much appreciated.
Thank you very much, guys !
Sponsored

Mature Banana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Hi,

I had the same issue and called my local dealer for the right part number for my car. Good luck. Was a fairly easy install.

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
There are i believe 3 versions of this parts. The one you want is probably the one that lights up with the RED R for type R. The one for the “other” civic pretty much fits all other models coupe/sedan/fk7. And is available in red or blue. What lights up is the word CIVIC.

OP
OP
JDM Power

JDM Power

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
Have you considered that the part # might be different for different countries? The car itself is basically the same globally, and the accessory port where you power the door sill will be near your ankle. Just get it from a dealer in your own country.

OP
OP
JDM Power

JDM Power

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes, I thought about it, but the only major difference would be that some Type Rs have the steering wheel on the left, as is my case, and others have it on the right side. I will also go to a local dealer, but I want to order it myself.
I thought like this, trying to find a logic : the two codes that appear in stores in the UK are accessory codes in the list of accessories of the FK7 model, the one in Japan is a Type R accessory with the steering wheel on the right, and the one in the USA is probably an accessory Type R with the steering wheel on the left.
Sponsored

Last edited: