First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Let us know the results, I currently have the same spec Enkei NT03 and looking into either this brake setup or the wilwood 4 piston kit that two step performance offers.
Will do ill post pictures of the test fit with 20mm spacers this weekend. Also keep in mind i am on swift springs which is about 1inch drop.
Sponsored

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Even those i feel wont fit my wheels haha i just bought a bad wheel for bbk fitment. I got a lot of clearance on top part of caliper right now but problem is near the base
The aftermarket BBK setups that are made for the 10th Gen will fit easily on most aftermarket wheels with ample clearance - each dedicated BBK kit comes with their own adapter that places the caliper higher up, hence clearing the hub / base of the spokes on the wheels. The Gen Coupe Brembos bolt on without any brackets, so that means they're hanging at the same height as factory caliper, despite being an inch wider.

If you refer to the pic of my setup in Post #5, you will see how the bottom of the caliper was near the spokes. If the Gen Coupe kit came with adapters/brackets, it too would be clear easier.

OP
OP
Jtantuco

Jtantuco

luv_SIc
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The aftermarket BBK setups that are made for the 10th Gen will fit easily on most aftermarket wheels with ample clearance - each dedicated BBK kit comes with their own adapter that places the caliper higher up, hence clearing the hub / base of the spokes on the wheels. The Gen Coupe Brembos bolt on without any brackets, so that means they're hanging at the same height as factory caliper, despite being an inch wider.

If you refer to the pic of my setup in Post #5, you will see how the bottom of the caliper was near the spokes. If the Gen Coupe kit came with adapters/brackets, it too would be clear easier.
I was actually thinking of just ordering these if i am still able to refund from slick fab i just feel im going to end up spending more money trying to make these brembos fit these wheels.

Just worried ill run into the same exact problem with either 4piston or 6 piston wilwoods

But i will keep you guys posted with what i end up doing will test fit spacers this weekend

Honda Civic 10th gen Genesis Brembo Clearance with NT03? Screenshot_20200407-150400_Firefox

OP
OP
Jtantuco

Jtantuco

luv_SIc
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
UPDATE: Cant get a refund for the brembos so i am fully committed to making these fit one way or another
Let us know the results, I currently have the same spec Enkei NT03 and looking into either this brake setup or the wilwood 4 piston kit that two step performance offers.
I ended up selling nt03s as it will definitely poke with spacers but i found a website that has notes on wheels clearing brembos for example...

Honda Civic 10th gen Genesis Brembo Clearance with NT03? Screenshot_20200409-160647_Firefox

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Damn, wish you kept them till you tested them out. With those behind you now, I would suggest holding off on new wheels, get spacers to clear your OEM wheels for now, and hit up a wheel shop that will agree to throw different fitments on your car. STI or EVO clearance isn't a definitive pass for this retrofit BBK; I know this from experience.

The back of the spokes may contact the Caliper still because these are still concave wheels

Honda Civic 10th gen Genesis Brembo Clearance with NT03? 1586465421845

OP
OP
Jtantuco

Jtantuco

luv_SIc
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Damn, wish you kept them till you tested them out. With those behind you now, I would suggest holding off on new wheels, get spacers to clear your OEM wheels for now, and hit up a wheel shop that will agree to throw different fitments on your car. STI or EVO clearance isn't a definitive pass for this retrofit BBK; I know this from experience.

The back of the spokes may contact the Caliper still because these are still concave wheels

1586465421845.png
My original plan was to keep my wheels since i really liked the desig but some guy made an offer on the nt03s i couldnt refuse, and i found nt03RR for cheap which defenitly clears brembos as the seller ran it on his STI.

So same wheel design but more fit to clear bbk.

Dont know when everything will be installed but will post when i do.

OP
OP
Jtantuco

Jtantuco

luv_SIc
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
After switching to the nt03rr i see that brake caliper clearance is way bigger, they will definitely fit with flat face wheels.

18x9.5 +40 (same exact specs as old wheels but flat face)

Will post when brembos get in.

Honda Civic 10th gen Genesis Brembo Clearance with NT03? 20200415_183155

Blue18SI

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 si sedan, 1989 crx hf
Country flag
After switching to the nt03rr i see that brake caliper clearance is way bigger, they will definitely fit with flat face wheels.

18x9.5 +40 (same exact specs as old wheels but flat face)

Will post when brembos get in.

20200415_183155.jpg
Any update on the BBK?

OP
OP
Jtantuco

Jtantuco

luv_SIc
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any update on the BBK?
Sorry for late reply, I attached pictures below. There is a lot of clearance with this setup, I did not rub at all with Swift Springs.

One thing I regret though is not buying wider tires, I think 245 would have been perfect.

Honda Civic 10th gen Genesis Brembo Clearance with NT03? 48A5FFAB-7409-4560-ABAA-01B9CA5170DD
Honda Civic 10th gen Genesis Brembo Clearance with NT03? 93CECFC7-4504-485A-882E-D781017F518F

Eryan36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Si sedan
Country flag
Sorry for late reply, I attached pictures below. There is a lot of clearance with this setup, I did not rub at all with Swift Springs.

One thing I regret though is not buying wider tires, I think 245 would have been perfect.

48A5FFAB-7409-4560-ABAA-01B9CA5170DD.jpeg
93CECFC7-4504-485A-882E-D781017F518F.jpeg

That looks great! I'm with you on wishing I'd gotten 245s instead of 235s last time I bought tires.. How is the brake pedal feel with the Brembos? I'm pretty disappointed with how soft the OEM feel is, especially right off the top.

OP
OP
Jtantuco

Jtantuco

luv_SIc
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That looks great! I'm with you on wishing I'd gotten 245s instead of 235s last time I bought tires.. How is the brake pedal feel with the Brembos? I'm pretty disappointed with how soft the OEM feel is, especially right off the top.
That’s the main reason I wanted to do it, it definitely feels a lot more responsive but I also have changed to steel lines which I would recommendif you doing your brakes anyways.

OP
OP
Jtantuco

Jtantuco

luv_SIc
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
also another thing, which I’ve been looking through forums for......

these brakes when the car first starts at cold temperatures SCREECH like crazy! It’s pretty annoying. It goes away afterthey are warmed up. I made sure I used brake lube, rotor wear looks fine so I’m hoping it’s normal.

Eryan36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Si sedan
Country flag
also another thing, which I’ve been looking through forums for......

these brakes when the car first starts at cold temperatures SCREECH like crazy! It’s pretty annoying. It goes away afterthey are warmed up. I made sure I used brake lube, rotor wear looks fine so I’m hoping it’s normal.
What pads did you use?

Eryan36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Si sedan
Country flag
hawk hps which may have been the culprit from my google searching at least
yep, that’ll do it. I’ve used those in the past with similar experience.
Sponsored