Gaz price

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
$ 4.69/G for 91 here in Orange County CA. the Premium brand like Mobil/Shell are around $4.99 or higher.
Sponsored

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
in Spain:
$1.82 per liter 95 octanes
$2.05 per liter 98 octanes

Medium salary: $2185,52

US Medium salary: $4993,85

Our american friend may not see the relationship, as the metric system is not used
According to Google, 1 American gallon contains 4.06 liters

4 X $1.82 = $7,28 US gal

ManuGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Honda Civic EX-T & '02 Mazda Miata LS
Country flag
Our american friend may not see the relationship, as the metric system is not used
According to Google, 1 American gallon contains 4.06 liters

4 X $1.82 = $7,28 US gal
Thank you for explaining that to me. Considering I grew up in Europe, I am not familiar with the differences between the metric and imperial system.

At that price per liter, it would be $6.89 a gallon, which still is expensive (psst, an American gallon is 3.78 liters)

Last edited:

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
Europeans have public healthcare, education, and somewhat affordable housing. The US does not have any of these things.
Might want to double-check that statement. Most housing in Europe is unattainable by most. Everyone just rents, for the most part. Much smaller flats and houses for much the same price as you would expect to pay for a small 'McMansion' in a suburban area.

Hasdrubal

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si sedan, 2015 Fit, 2009 Ridgeline
Country flag
So why did the price of gas drop? Around that time, each of us owned a piece of the auto makers too. Remember the so called bailout? Just remember, it's all taxpayers who did the bailout.
The price of oil went down as the supply went up with fracking. There's definitely more variables in oil prices than just supply on one hand and demand on the other, but fracking was huge in its impact on oil prices.

It's not a flip a switch kind of thing though, oil companies have to lay out money to search for likely reserves whether in shale, deep sea, or elsewhere, and then lay out more money to drill. Not every well drilled will be productive, and a large oil field may have a large number of productive wells. Or a large number of unproductive wells. Either way, it takes a huge amount of money invested before the product comes out of the ground. And a fair amount of time.

Oil companies are less likely to risk their money prospecting if they think the federal government will stop giving them permits to drill, or will shut down pipelines, or stop construction of pipelines that could give access to new fields away from existing infrastructure. The current political climate has threatened this kind of action, and when production goes down, price goes up.

https://www.macrotrends.net/2562/us-crude-oil-production-historical-chart

Risk can affect investment in other ways, though. Back when the war in Iraq was going strong, there was a lot of perceived risk in the market with fears that the Iranians would blockade the Straits of Hormuz, or that their terrorist affiliates would start attacking production infrastructure in Iraq and Saudi Arabia, or even that the mass Muslim uprising that Bin Laden wanted might happen and cripple oil production across the region. Commodities brokers and investors had to account for the risk that they would lose their shirts on any given purchase, and the prices went higher to compensate- kind of like if you move to a high crime area known for auto theft, your insurance will likely go up in price.

Those risks aren't impossible, either.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanker_War

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...ut-the-fatal-iranian-drone-attack-on-a-tanker

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...edented-and-it-underscores-far-greater-issues

We also have to consider that oil is fungible, that is, oil once out of the ground is useable anywhere regardless of country of origin. US oil supply affects world prices just like Russian or Saudi or Venezuelan oil supply affects world prices. The reason I started with fracking is that it was an unexpected boost to world production compared to prior models that thought they knew supply and demand trends.

Fracking also seems like the thing that gets the most political heat in the US. If not for that and it's artificially created market risk, I believe we would have seen a lot less change in fuel prices over the last year.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
$4.09 for 87 here in the Midwest. Do I hear $5? By the end of this year?

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We're going to get shit on with summer gas coming out soon. I'm probably going to get a Costco membership just to save a $1 per gallon.

EstiloinAction

First Name
Estilo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si 2020, BMW 528i 2000
Country flag
Ok, so I tried 87 oct.
Same gas mileage and with $25 at 3.09
35/37 Mpg, i can deal with it for now.

I've only used 93oct since I got the Si, and with the car being stock, it's running fine.

BrandonSmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Country flag

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Funny to see our american friends complaining a 4$ a gallon when over here it's more like 7.50$ a gallon....for REGULAR 87 octane crap...the supreme 91 is 8.80$ a gallon...cry me a river (play the worlds smallest violin)

CVTsport18

Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloster N DCT
Country flag
It's $3.53 a gallon for 93 here. It's up about 30 cents from this time last year. The year before that it was below $3.

*Prices are from the same station.
$3.85 today.

EstiloinAction

First Name
Estilo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si 2020, BMW 528i 2000
Country flag
Funny to see our american friends complaining a 4$ a gallon when over here it's more like 7.50$ a gallon....for REGULAR 87 octane crap...the supreme 91 is 8.80$ a gallon...cry me a river (play the worlds smallest violin)
Better start investing on some real horse power brotha. ???

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Better start investing on some real horse power brotha. ???
thankfully...electric is just around the corner and over here it's dirt cheap in quebec we have those huge dams up north we built back in the day so we run on clean, cheap hydroelectric power...
Sponsored