bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 2.0L, 1998 Civic LX D16-MiniMe
Country flag
Y'all are making me laugh. Just wait till Russia invades Ukraine. Gas will really climb. Just think, it took a little over a year for FJB to make you pay $500.00 more for gas per year.
FJB! Shit.. it actually started climbing the 1st MONTH he was able to nodd off in oval office. It's just been going up ALL YEAR. BEFORE THE ELECTION, it was like just under $2/GAL. Now that same ga$ is over $4/Gal! Every. F'n. Time we get anyone from FJB's side in power!!
Sponsored

ManuGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Honda Civic EX-T & '02 Mazda Miata LS
Country flag

nox

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Metallic Civic EX-T
Country flag
I pay nothing for gas and even make a small profit earning gas rewards

BrandonSmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Country flag
Oh yeah, it's also worth mentioning that octane is calculated differently in the USA than elsewhere around the world. The USA uses the average of RON and MON values (this is why you see [R+N]/2 on the pump). Elsewhere around the globe just uses one or the other (mostly RON), so it is not uncommon to see higher octanes listed globally compared to the USA. Just make sure you're comparing apples to apples.

I'm not going to explain the difference between MON and RON - google can do that.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We are getting raped on gas prices here in the greater Phoenix area, especially the part I live in, which is NE. Last tank of premium was more like $ 4.39. But at 27mpg on the '18 FK8 and telecommuting not a huge deal. Still twice what it was just a short year ago...

Last edited:

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can't type for s--t. That was supposed to be 'We' not 'Se' to start the last post. Won't let me edit it after posting. Some car sites give you a short window, or even an unlimited time to 'edit' and fix things...might be a good feature to have for this forum.

CVTsport18

Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloster N DCT
Country flag
I can't type for s--t. That was supposed to be 'We' not 'Se' to start the last post. Won't let me edit it after posting. Some car sites give you a short window, or even an unlimited time to 'edit' and fix things...might be a good feature to have for this forum.
Should be a ... with an arrow next to it. It's to the right of the report function. Tap that and you can edit or delete.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Should be a ... with an arrow next to it. It's to the right of the report function. Tap that and you can edit or delete.
Thank you, it was partially greyed out so these old eyes missed it.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Filled up just this evening. $ 4.29/gallon for premium. Sounds like it is even worse in Canada. Which ironically is a huge oil producer.
Then again, so were we, with more capacity in the works, not that long ago. Not sure how it helps the environment if we just buy the oil elsewhere and it gets shipped farther to reach us- escalating the risk of an oil spill. Versus say piping it down from....oh never mind.

Let's just have fun driving real cars before the coming 'e-pocalypse' which I may have just coined - destroys all the ICE's and manuals. And no the fake stick shifts and fake clutches they are working on will not be the same.

We are in the last years of a golden era for cars. Think I'm wrong? Look at what is being paid on BAT or anywhere else for classic driver's cars.
Sponsored