Gauge Cluster Misalignment

MyFirstHonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I just noticed after three months of ownership that the gauge cluster is misaligned. Has anyone else noticed this issue?
Honda Civic 10th gen Gauge Cluster Misalignment ima

Boz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sedan - Modern Steel Metalic / Black
Country flag
Unfortunately, I can't tell what I'm supposed to be seeing in the pictures. I'm not sure if the 2nd pic being out of focus is the reason, or if it's just because I don't know what to look for. Could you try posting some more pics that are more in focus and maybe try to expand on or restate your explanation?

OP
OP
MyFirstHonda

MyFirstHonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Is the second picture showing cracks?
Perhaps the following photos provide a better view. The plastic trim piece is completely out of place and the clear lense is sunken so much so that I can fit my hand between the lense and the base od the plastic trim. It's interesting considering the steering wheel was never adjusted prior to noticing the misalignment. I'm dropping my vehicle off at the dealer today to hopefully get this matter resolved.

Boz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sedan - Modern Steel Metalic / Black
Country flag
That's definitely not right! Taking it to the dealership like you're doing is the right thing to do. If it were me, I'd mention to the service advisor that they need to make sure no fingerprints or lint ends up behind the plastic during the process of whatever they do!

bhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX HS Sedan
Country flag
Looks like someone/something pressed it too hard. The driver display is not a touchscreen, FYI... :D

OP
OP
MyFirstHonda

MyFirstHonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Looks like someone/something pressed it too hard. The driver display is not a touchscreen, FYI... :D
The only time I've touched the area has been to reset the Trip A/Trip B log or to adjust the brightness setting.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
:eek: That is a huge production flaw, wonder how that was not caught on the assembly line...

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
That's definitely not right! Taking it to the dealership like you're doing is the right thing to do. If it were me, I'd mention to the service advisor that they need to make sure no fingerprints or lint ends up behind the plastic during the process of whatever they do!
Yep, this is what I would do.

OP
OP
MyFirstHonda

MyFirstHonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Update: The service advisor stated the dash/gauge cluster was disassembled during a previous repair (replacement of the starter, battery and securing of a ground wire not bolted at assembly) and was not reassembled properly. A technician placed the gauge cluster back in place, but because it was out of position for so long it's still disfigured. The dealer ordered a new dash/gauge cluster that will be installed upon arrival.
Sponsored