Gas range dropping really fast! (2017 Civic)

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Here are some numbers for you. In warmer weather, I generally get around 38-39 mpg. However, starting in November, the combination of winter blend gas and plummeting ambient temps reduces that number to 33-34 mpgs.

To illustrate how much ambient temps affect things, there's this...

Going to work in the early AM, with the colder overnight temps, I see 2-3 mpg less then my warmer afternoon drive home.

Last but not least, as the temperature gets colder, tires tend to drop a few psi which negatively impacts mileage.
Sponsored

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
8.6L/100km is fantastic in Toronto traffic. I got similar to that in my London commutes in the city due to the short driving distances to work (9 km one way) and I wasn't always gentle on the gas. When I started commuting from out of town, my mileage became stellar. I'm expecting no different when I get my Civic Si.

If you wanted fantastic MPG in the city, you should have opted for a 4 cylinder hybrid car. They do better in the city. But half the cars out there do not get anywhere close to that kind of mileage in 100% city driving. Just keep driving it and enjoy it :)