Gas Pedal for the Touring

Elsith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring in Lunar Silver Metallic
I am LOVING my Touring, it is definitely the best car I have ever owned (I've only had 3, I'm a very late bloomer when it comes to driving). My last car was a 2006 BMW 325i, and I'm used to having a larger gas pedal, the one on the civic feels really small. Does anyone else feel the same? I suppose I should just get used to it, sounds like something that's not worth replacing.
Sponsored

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I haven't really noticed it. But its one of those things that I'm sure you'll quickly, naturally adjust to.

ediblebirch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK7 ST
Country flag
I haven't noticed it either, coming from an RSX and all doesn't really say much.

kered424

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX w/ Honda Sensing
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I came from a Honda Fit, and the Civic's gas pedal is definitely bigger and fatter than the Fit's. But I can see where you're coming from because I, too, had an issue with the gas pedal when I first got this Civic. I drive with my heel planted on the floor, and I pivot my foot between the gas and the brake pedals. When I first got this car, my foot kept "slipping off" the gas pedal. I think this was because the distance between the pedals was larger than what I was used to on the Fit, so I wasn't pivoting my foot enough to get a good grip on the gas pedal. All I had to do was adjust where I planted my heel and made sure I was pivoting my foot enough. It's not a problem for me anymore, and I got used to it, so I think you'll get used to it as well.

OP
OP
Elsith

Elsith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring in Lunar Silver Metallic
I came from a Honda Fit, and the Civic's gas pedal is definitely bigger and fatter than the Fit's. But I can see where you're coming from because I, too, had an issue with the gas pedal when I first got this Civic. I drive with my heel planted on the floor, and I pivot my foot between the gas and the brake pedals. When I first got this car, my foot kept "slipping off" the gas pedal. I think this was because the distance between the pedals was larger than what I was used to on the Fit, so I wasn't pivoting my foot enough to get a good grip on the gas pedal. All I had to do was adjust where I planted my heel and made sure I was pivoting my foot enough. It's not a problem for me anymore, and I got used to it, so I think you'll get used to it as well.
Yes, I noticed the gas pedal on the civic is closer to the floor, I will just have to adjust.
Sponsored