Gas in my oil catch can , WTF ?

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Get write up. Just installed my and bought the same size from auto zone.
? What do you mean? Bad English or something. I called my auto zone, Pep Boys, Advanced auto- nothing. No one carried it. But no need now. It seems that Mishimoto finally listened to us Guinnea pigs and will ship you free of charge the 'correct' hoses now. I still have my Greenshield hoses on with no problems after 3,000 miles. Thanks to TommiTurbo
Sponsored

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
How are the catch cans working out for you guys? Those who daily drives 50-100 highway miles, are you seeing a lot trapped in the can? Any fuel smell/rattling issues still present? thanks for the feedback

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How are the catch cans working out for you guys? Those who daily drives 50-100 highway miles, are you seeing a lot trapped in the can? Any fuel smell/rattling issues still present? thanks for the feedback
i just passes 10,100mi on my car after a little under 7 months. I'm going to check the can this weekend, so i cannot get speak to how much is in it. No smells on the original hoses from the kit, and i have some rattle again, but i think it is from the baffle and not the brass filter. I wish there was some sort of silicone gasket around the outside of the baffle- the locking ring keeps it on, but it is completely free to rotate.

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
i just passes 10,100mi on my car after a little under 7 months. I'm going to check the can this weekend, so i cannot get speak to how much is in it. No smells on the original hoses from the kit, and i have some rattle again, but i think it is from the baffle and not the brass filter. I wish there was some sort of silicone gasket around the outside of the baffle- the locking ring keeps it on, but it is completely free to rotate.
Very interesting, thanks for the feedback. Please let me know what you discover when you check it. And speaking of the rattle: how bad is it? wonder if it is noticeable with radio? Just trying to figure if I'll be able to live with that rattle lol

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Very interesting, thanks for the feedback. Please let me know what you discover when you check it. And speaking of the rattle: how bad is it? wonder if it is noticeable with radio? Just trying to figure if I'll be able to live with that rattle lol
My rattle was audible in the cabin at idle. An email to Mishimoto resolved it quickly.

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
There's a brass filter that wasn't snug inside the housing, and would move vertically up and down ever so slightly. They sent a replacement very quickly, and all was well.
good stuff. did you purchase it directly from Mishimoto or thru 3rd party re-seller? I wonder if Mishimoto would support the items purchased elsewhere..

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
good stuff. did you purchase it directly from Mishimoto or thru 3rd party re-seller? I wonder if Mishimoto would support the items purchased elsewhere..
Mine was direct from Mishimoto.

Doesn't hurt to ask - as long as they're an authorized dealer I don't see why they wouldn't.

RetroJR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T 6MT ViTuned
Country flag
I have about 2000 miles on my Mishimoto and it has collected about a half teaspoon of what appears to be mainly oil. I am hopeful this means I have relatively little blowby. I just passed 3k miles total.

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There's a brass filter that wasn't snug inside the housing, and would move vertically up and down ever so slightly. They sent a replacement very quickly, and all was well.
I had that rattle too- it was pretty much intolerable. I also contacted Mishimoto and replaced it. My current sound is a deeper ratlling/vibration that i am pretty sure comes from the baffle/steel-colored disc. It only happens between 2300-2600 rpm, and not all the time. I am going to see if i can dampen the rotation and vibration by using some silicone ear plugs.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I had that rattle too- it was pretty much intolerable. I also contacted Mishimoto and replaced it. My current sound is a deeper ratlling/vibration that i am pretty sure comes from the baffle/steel-colored disc. It only happens between 2300-2600 rpm, and not all the time. I am going to see if i can dampen the rotation and vibration by using some silicone ear plugs.
Just be sure the "silicone earplug" material is silicone that is impervious to oil, gas, and heat.

reesee175

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic sport
Country flag
I
I have a small amount of oil in my can. I drive around 500 miles a week. You can get fuel line hose from the advance auto so you dont smell fuel.

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
I

I have a small amount of oil in my can. I drive around 500 miles a week. You can get fuel line hose from the advance auto so you dont smell fuel.
Are you driving mostly highway? Could you please give volumetric description to the 'small amount of oil" and how many miles it took to accumulate it? Thanks pal

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
I have about 2000 miles on my Mishimoto and it has collected about a half teaspoon of what appears to be mainly oil. I am hopeful this means I have relatively little blowby. I just passed 3k miles total.
How does your highway/city percentage looks like? do you practice spirited driving or fuel saving style for the most part?
Sponsored