Gas in my oil catch can , WTF ?

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
Hey Everyone,

Hope that you are all having a great day. It is very unfortunate to see that a customer was having an issue with one of the included clamps. However Mishimoto does offer a lifetime warranty on every single product that we produce. If you are having an issue, please reach out to us directly at [email protected] and we would be more then happy to assist you.

Thank you,
-Jake
Mishimoto
Sponsored

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
Hey Everyone,

Hope that you are all having a great day. It is very unfortunate to see that a customer was having an issue with one of the included clamps. However Mishimoto does offer a lifetime warranty on every single product that we produce. If you are having an issue, please reach out to us directly at [email protected] and we would be more then happy to assist you.

Thank you,
-Jake
Mishimoto
I have addressed the issue directly to Mishimoto via e-mail. There was an initial feedback stating that replacement will be sent. Almost a week later and nothing

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's why I did it this way and used fuel injection clamps on the nipple ends on the intake.

20170511_105220.jpg
Nice hoses, where'd you buy those?

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Had the hoses, ordered the fittings on Ebay and cut to the proper length, it's a PITA to cut real AN hose but worth it.
its not that pita

i put electrical tape at the end where i want to cut then use a chop saw or grinder

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Acura RL, 16 Acura MDX, 17 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
I was searching through catch can threads and came upon this post:
https://www.civicx.com/threads/mishimoto-catch-can-for-si.15021/page-2#post-302446

"Why does the Civic Type-R oil catch can that you produce come with a boost check valve to prevent boost pressure being forced back into the block through the catch can yet the Civic 1.5L Turbo CC you make not come with a boost check valve? Unless the PCV valve is a one way like most turbo cars are from factory I.E.: Subaru WRX's and STi's come with a PCV valve that only allows flow to the intake and not back into the block. Yet N/A Subaru's such as a BRZ's PCV valve flow can go both ways. I know this as I was a previous owner of a 2013 FR-S and had a catch can but when I went Vortech charged I had to switch PCV valves from a boosted Subaru to prevent back flow of boost into my engine block or add a check valve. Boosted Subaru ones had a different part number and I did test with a blow gun and flows only one way. Hope there is a good reason to doing so when you created this CC. Any boost pressure going back into the block is no good for longevity of an engine and will only lead to issues later down the road. Only speaking from experience and I am an ASE certified Honda technician."

So not knowing if the 1.5 turbo PCV valve is one way or both ways..there's a chance this catch can is doing more harm than good then.

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
Hey Everyone

We did extensive testing on both applications and determined that a check valve on the 1.5t application wasn’t needed. Check valves can be easily sourced if you feed one is needed in your 1.5t line.

Thanks
-Jake