First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R, 01 C5 Corvette, 12 Audi TTRS
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
E85 swap will drop your mpg to 18-21.... buddy has it on his lol he complains all the time
Sponsored

MonkeyBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #680 CW, 2011 Mazdaspeed 3
Country flag
Lol here was my last tank...

Honda Civic 10th gen GAS GUZZLER AE2E659F-7236-4463-BBA4-8279A0CFE3DF

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
I actually love getting 27 mpg combined. My 5th gen Prelude got 22 mpg with 1.5x less hp and half the torque. I am a little concerned about what going FBO + custom tune will do to my MPG, but Im sure that it’ll still be above 20 mpg (for greater than 400 crank hp).

OP
OP

solidconceptgroup

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8, Accord V6
Country flag
27 is not a guzzler!
are you drunk? I don’t know what you expect from the K20C1? It is designed for maximum power and extreme performance.....just be happy it’s pretty damn decent on fuel given how savage the CTR is overall.

Sell the CTR and get a insight and be happy. This car isn’t made for people like you.... hate to be brutally honest but it’s true.
First of all I don't know who your referring to when you say "people like you".... your a little late to this party pal! I suggest you re-read what I wrote and pin point what my actual question was...

I would like you to say that to my face tho, rather than hide behind your profile... It was a simple question which was simply answered, I even corrected myself (if you'd of taken the time to re-read some of posts in this thread). PEOPLE like you are the ones who troll people for asking simple questions.

:hater:

jinderC

First of all I don't know who your referring to when you say "people like you".... your a little late to this party pal! I suggest you re-read what I wrote and pin point what my actual question was...

I would like you to say that to my face tho, rather than hide behind your profile... It was a simple question which was simply answered, I even corrected myself (if you'd of taken the time to re-read some of posts in this thread). PEOPLE like you are the ones who troll people for asking simple questions.

:hater:
Lol. You seem to be the hater here...
Crying over 27 mpg.... what do you expect?
People like you meaning.... exactly that. moaning over how it isn’t as efficient as your accord....and implying 27mpg is poor?
Honestly, that’s a bit pathetic

randmtsk

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Agean Blue Civic Type R || 2015 DGM STi - Sold || 2000 Silverstone s2000 - Sold
Country flag
OP has to be a troll. Can mods shut this down?

I see b/t 22-27mpg mostly highway driving on a 23 mile commute.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
OP has to be a troll. Can mods shut this down?

I see b/t 22-27mpg mostly highway driving on a 23 mile commute.
I agree. The Type R has nearly the highest mileage of any car in its segment - higher than the Evo, Mazdaspeed 3, STI, and roughly equivalent to the Golf R. OP is either trolling or did zero research on the car that he/she bought. This is like if I jumped onto a Dodge forum and complained that my new Hellcat only gets 14 MPG, when my old Camry Hybrid still had decent pickup and got 40 MPG. It just the most bizarre point that you could make.

willskiGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #26262
Country flag
As another data point (to contrast with my sub 10 mpg mountain run), I averaged 30.8mpg over a 280 miles road trip this past weekend. Average speed around 75-80mph.

I doubt you'll find another car with a performance threshold a high as the CTR that can return that kind of highway MPG. I struggle to think of a single one. Take a look at the ~100 cars that are faster than the Type R on this list: https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a23319884/lightning-lap-times-historical-data/

Only the 2014 Cayman S (30 mpg highway), the 2018 TT RS (29 mpg highway), and the 2015 918 Spyder ($1MM+) have better mpg ratings than the Type R. And the 918 Spyder is only capable of those MPG figures for ~25 mile trip.

This car is the furthest thing from a gas guzzler considering its performance level.
Sponsored