Gas gauge

Illiya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EXT, 1973 Porsche 914, 2015 BMW F800GT, 1996 Honda Nighthawk.
Country flag
Hello All. Has anyone experienced this? On my 2016 Civic EXT, my low fuel indicator came on. Within two miles I stopped for top tier gas. I inserted the gas nozzle and after what seemed a shorter time than usual to fill it up, the nozzle stopped. I looked at how much gas went in the car, and the pump said 13.3 gallons. I got in the car, started it, and immediately noticed the fuel level indicator was less than a quarter tank full. I started to drive away, but the gauge stayed very low. I drove around to the other side of the gas station and turned off the ignition and restarted the car, thinking this might reset something. But again a very low level of gas. So I went to another pump there to try and give it more gas. I was able to give it half a gallon, but the pump shut off as though the tank was full. Again I got in and started the car, but the gauge would not rise to the full level as it always had before when I filled the tank up. I will check it again tomorrow morning when I start the car on the way to work. I know the tank holds just over 12 gallons.
Sponsored

Rob_13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
how did you even fit 13.3 gallons? we only have a 12 gallon tank even then the low fuel indicator comes on when you have 2 gallons left in the tank.

OP
OP

Illiya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EXT, 1973 Porsche 914, 2015 BMW F800GT, 1996 Honda Nighthawk.
Country flag
There must have been something wrong with the gas pump. I went back early the next morning on my way to work, and the car took 9.2 gallons. Gas gauge reads properly.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
There must have been something wrong with the gas pump. I went back early the next morning on my way to work, and the car took 9.2 gallons. Gas gauge reads properly.
Report the gas station to the state or BBB and see what happens.

Do you have the receipt for the 13-gallon fill-up?
Sponsored