Garmin Says Fully Updated, Car Disagrees

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Had anyone had this issue?

I updated my Garmin maps awhile ago on my factory nav. Garmin express says there are no new updates.

But my car occasionally says "your maps are out of date by a year". Then I go to update, and it says it's fine.

What the fresh hell?
Sponsored

OP
OP
mno86

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Have you performed a reboot of the HU?
Do you mean like a hard restart by holding power button?

If so yes. My GPS sometimes refuses to find the road or freeway I'm on and the only way to get it working is to reboot.

Synomenon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatch
Country flag
Yup, that's what I was talking about. At this point, I'd go to Honda and maybe even Garmin CS.

OP
OP
mno86

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Yup, that's what I was talking about. At this point, I'd go to Honda and maybe even Garmin CS.
I may do that. The only thing I can think of is that I read there's only "one free map update a year". I had my HU replaced under warranty because the green screen blinking issue was happening; I had updated that one so I'm wondering if it's not giving me a new map update because I already used it.

Just weird it'd say nothing newer...

Synomenon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatch
Country flag
Strange. Did you prepare a new flash drive for this or are you using the same one you used with the previous HU (didn't reformat it from last use with the previous HU)?

OP
OP
mno86

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Strange. Did you prepare a new flash drive for this or are you using the same one you used with the previous HU (didn't reformat it from last use with the previous HU)?
I used a new one on a different computer. I didn't have any issues registering the car to the Garmin express application, but it was funny that the map said it was already updated to the most recent version after I plugged it into the car, brought it back to the computer, and was told there was an update.
Sponsored