SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
is this a common issue with our 10th gens?
The entire A/C system is an issue with the 10th gen. Only the condenser is covered under the extended 10yr warranty. Evaporator issues are not common, but it has been mentioned more than a few times here.

If the dealership diagnoses as a leaking evaporator, they’ll want to charge you over $2,000 to gut your entire dash to replace it.

I hope this isn’t the issue, but if you end up paying anything out of pocket for it, keep the receipts. There are lawsuits in progress to try and get the entire A/C system warrantied. If this happens you may be able to get reimbursed.

Many have called Honda to get them to pay for a good chunk of the fixes. They call it “good will” assistance. $2000+ bill 4 years into ownership is a pretty big slap in the face to most people who drive Honda civics.

OP
OP
Christianjwong

Christianjwong

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civic hatchback sport
Country flag
The entire A/C system is an issue with the 10th gen. Only the condenser is covered under the extended 10yr warranty. Evaporator issues are not common, but it has been mentioned more than a few times here.

If the dealership diagnoses as a leaking evaporator, they’ll want to charge you over $2,000 to gut your entire dash to replace it.

I hope this isn’t the issue, but if you end up paying anything out of pocket for it, keep the receipts. There are lawsuits in progress to try and get the entire A/C system warrantied. If this happens you may be able to get reimbursed.

Many have called Honda to get them to pay for a good chunk of the fixes. They call it “good will” assistance. $2000+ bill 4 years into ownership is a pretty big slap in the face to most people who drive Honda civics.
thank you so much for the info, I'll definitely will keep receipts and call Honda considering I gave them 22,000 upfront... be praying for me. I'll keep you guys updated, I'll try and take it in this week.

OP
OP
Christianjwong

Christianjwong

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
thats crazy i just looked up signs of evap. leakage and one of them is odor coming from a/c, yikers

OP
OP
Christianjwong

Christianjwong

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
question if i had a leaking evap would my ktuner pull the code or not necessarily.

OP
OP
Christianjwong

Christianjwong

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You think there is a CEL code for a leaking A/C evaporator?
im not sure, i was looking into other threads and i swear i saw a post were someone got a code, but im prob wrong so idk lol

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
im not sure, i was looking into other threads and i swear i saw a post were someone got a code, but im prob wrong so idk lol
Probably about their evap system for the fuel tank being messed up. That is engine related. When that happens, the automatic shutoff at the pump at the gas station stops working properly because fumes aren’t allowed to escape the tank.

The evaporator core for the A/C system is unrelated. The A/C will stop blowing cold air and the diagnosis is a leak test using dye to pinpoint the place it is leaking.

OP
OP
Christianjwong

Christianjwong

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Probably about their evap system for the fuel tank being messed up. That is engine related. When that happens, the automatic shutoff at the pump at the gas station stops working properly because fumes aren’t allowed to escape the tank.

The evaporator core for the A/C system is unrelated. The A/C will stop blowing cold air and the diagnosis is a leak test using dye to pinpoint the place it is leaking.
Thanks brother, great info!
Sponsored