First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civic hatchback sport
Country flag
Good morning everyone,

Today I just wanted to post about this possible issue, I'm not sure if it is one yet, that's why I'm here for some advice. So I realized awhile ago whenever I would turn on my a/c or heat(cant remember) I could hear a gargling sound I think eventually it would go away but I'm not sure exactly. Another sign that raises concern is that my wife and I both noticed a foul smell like musty or mildew like, I was thinking possibly sweat from hot days(but I doubt that) also just for some added info I RARELY eat in my car so I doubt its rotting food or something. Then I remembered we got the recall for the a/c not working or something equivalent to that. So to end it I guess I just wanted someone else input.

Thanks,
Christian
Sponsored

SuXlife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17CivicEXT
Country flag
I had the gurgling as well. I brought it into the dealer and they stated that the coolent was low, but didn’t see any leaks.
As far as the stink… had that too. Have you replaced the cabin air filter?
Also when using ac I suggest running the heat for a bit before you get to your destination. I think what happens, if you just shut off the car after using the ac, is that the cold in the filter causes humidity in the air to collect on the cabin air filter and then cause the stink. But definitely change the filter if you haven’t.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Change your cabin filter every 5k miles. If you haven't done that at all since you bought the car you are in for a possibly vomit inducing surprise.

OP
OP
Christianjwong

Christianjwong

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Change your cabin filter every 5k miles. If you haven't done that at all since you bought the car you are in for a possibly vomit inducing surprise.
haha i have! actually just changed it last week

OP
OP
Christianjwong

Christianjwong

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I had the gurgling as well. I brought it into the dealer and they stated that the coolent was low, but didn’t see any leaks.
As far as the stink… had that too. Have you replaced the cabin air filter?
Also when using ac I suggest running the heat for a bit before you get to your destination. I think what happens, if you just shut off the car after using the ac, is that the cold in the filter causes humidity in the air to collect on the cabin air filter and then cause the stink. But definitely change the filter if you haven’t.
that is good to know, last time i was in for cvt change the paperwork had the green symbol. when i get time ill probably get my coolant flushed. hopefully that'll help

OP
OP
Christianjwong

Christianjwong

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
With that being said does anyone know where the a/c condensate drain line is?

OP
OP
Christianjwong

Christianjwong

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just to clarify I was referring to the ac refrigerant not the engine coolant. :)
gosh, I'm dumb. I'll ask them to check it out next time I'm there.

Bunhyung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Touring
Gurgling noises say air and water in a pipe to me. You may have a blocked cabin drain tube and water may be hanging out in puddles underneath your carpeting causing the mildew smell. Check under your floor mats and carpeting or have a service center do it.

OP
OP
Christianjwong

Christianjwong

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Good morning everyone, today the smell is back and it's not even warm. When i take the car in im going to ask them to check the refrig. and check for leaks
Sponsored