Garageline 20mm spacer fit 2021 sport hatch rims with no grinding studs?

Schwinn499

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Does anyone have experience with the garageline 2016+ civic sport 20mm spacers fitting a 2021 civic sport hatch wihout any grinding to the studs? I've read about them fitting the 2019 and earlier rims but was unsure if they will fit the 2020 and 2021 style rims without any fitment issues.

Thanks for any help.
Sponsored

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
they do my wife has 20mm spacer on her car and she has the same wheels as you...the wheels have grooves in the back to accommodate...it's fine go ahead.

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They fit. Used these same spacers on my stock Si wheels without grinding. 15mms work as well.

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The hub studs should be ok but I would grind the top 1-2 threads of the spacer studs to be safe. I didn't grind mine and almost paid the ultimate price... When I went to install my coilovers after driving about 90 days, my wheels were slightly seized to the brake hubs. I found that most of my factory black lugs had actually bottomed out. They backed off with no torque. Fortunately I was able to get the wheels off with a very solid tug.

After my experience, I decided not to use them anymore. My coilovers give me a good tuck profile anyway. I'll just change wheels/offset if I want a wider stance.

ObsidionXI

First Name
Rafal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic FK7
Country flag
I just installed 20mm spacers on OEM wheels on my 2021 Sport Hatch, and Eibach Pro lowering springs. They fit great, no rub or banging. And they look great..... in the meantime till I get some new wheels.... so don't worry about anything.

Last edited:

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks. Are the stock si wheels the same as the later sport rims except for the finish?
Pretty much, I believe the Si wheels are also made by Enkei while the sport wheels are made by Asahi, regardless in my findings both 15mm and 20mm fit the wheels without trimming as there was enough recess inside the wheel to fit the studs that were poking out.

If you really want to make sure i'd measure the step in the wheel and then measure the poke from the stud with a digital caliper.

OP
OP
Schwinn499

Schwinn499

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Pretty much, I believe the Si wheels are also made by Enkei while the sport wheels are made by Asahi, regardless in my findings both 15mm and 20mm fit the wheels without trimming as there was enough recess inside the wheel to fit the studs that were poking out.

If you really want to make sure i'd measure the step in the wheel and then measure the poke from the stud with a digital caliper.
Thanks for the info. That was the plan, waiting on the spacers in the mail and was just trying to gather some first hand experiences in the meantime.

The post above has me a little worried about the factory studs bottoming out tho which I'll probably measure with the calipers as well when the time comes, but its not as much of a deal breaker considering I was thinking of possibly switching to black lugs in the future anyway.

curt d

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic sport hatch, 06 Cobalt LS, 08 C6 Vette
Country flag
The studs will make contact with the wheel. I dremeled very little of the wheel. Mount the wheel, tighten lugs, remove wheel, and you'll see the witness Mark's on the wheel

OP
OP
Schwinn499

Schwinn499

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just to follow up, I did the install today. Loving the results. I had zero fitment issues. I triple checked everything with my digital calipers and everything fit. Nothing had interference and no lugs bottomed out. I was even able to use the factory locking lugs which I triple checked as well as they have less thread depth. I will follow up with photos when I have a chance to take some.

Ronny2019

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
Does anyone have experience with the garageline 2016+ civic sport 20mm spacers fitting a 2021 civic sport hatch wihout any grinding to the studs? I've read about them fitting the 2019 and earlier rims but was unsure if they will fit the 2020 and 2021 style rims without any fitment issues.

Thanks for any help.
Yes sir

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just to follow up, I did the install today. Loving the results. I had zero fitment issues. I triple checked everything with my digital calipers and everything fit. Nothing had interference and no lugs bottomed out. I was even able to use the factory locking lugs which I triple checked as well as they have less thread depth. I will follow up with photos when I have a chance to take some.

Good shit. Make sure you recheck torque after 100 miles or so. Probably unnecessary but i did so when i took the car to the track running those spacers just to make sure.