Chee_hu

First Name
Sherwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#611 Rallye Red CTR | 1998 Civic EX | 2007 Honda Fit Sport
Country flag
Curious to know what the reasons are for keeping the car a garage queer.
Sponsored

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Curious to know what the reasons are for keeping the car a garage queer.
I use the ILX for work and use the Z / CTR for everything else.
Splitting miles between the Z (~3000 miles after one year) / CTR (~4300 miles after two year) combined with being busy at work resulted in it being fairly low mileage. I didn't plan on keeping the miles low but it just ended up that way due to how life became lol.

actually thinking about getting rid of the Z and the ILX to buy a supra (or a porsche if i want to be financially dumb lol) since i just don't have enough time to drove two "toy" cars. If i do, the miles would probably go up at a faster pace on the CTR but i don't mind it.

wayoutwest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R-19644
Country flag
Looking at recent sales on BAT of limited production performance japanese vehicles (even the Milano Red Civic Si that sold a few months back), if i keep it unmodified and drive it 2-3K per year and take care of it, it will still be worth a decent amount if/when i ever sell it. Look at ITRs or NSX that are 20 years old with 40-50k miles and stock. Not saying the CTR is that rare, but you get the idea. And i get to drive an amazing machine for 20 years to boot.

R-10552

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura RDX Aspec, 2019 Civic Si (wife's)
Country flag
I'm not doing it for resale or any other investment purposes. I have another car I daily drive and I only drive my CTR for pleasure. I don't drive it to the mall or supermarket, etc. It only comes out when I want to go for a drive. Like another poster said, I get enjoyment out of owning it. It's something I've wanted for 20 odd years. It's just a bonus that I get to drive it as well as just having it look good in my garage! lol I haven't driven it for 2 weeks, now, and I'm OK with that. Some people choose to daily their CTR, I do not. There is no right or wrong.

xABNINx

First Name
Roderick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R - 2019
Country flag
you are a baller bro. just buy the car so you can stare at it. Sweet!

Chee_hu

First Name
Sherwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#611 Rallye Red CTR | 1998 Civic EX | 2007 Honda Fit Sport
Country flag
I use the ILX for work and use the Z / CTR for everything else.
Splitting miles between the Z (~3000 miles after one year) / CTR (~4300 miles after two year) combined with being busy at work resulted in it being fairly low mileage. I didn't plan on keeping the miles low but it just ended up that way due to how life became lol.

actually thinking about getting rid of the Z and the ILX to buy a supra (or a porsche if i want to be financially dumb lol) since i just don't have enough time to drove two "toy" cars. If i do, the miles would probably go up at a faster pace on the CTR but i don't mind it.
Very respectable response. What's it like owning multiple cars especially in CA? We share 4 cars in the house between 2 people and find that we'd need a bigger place with more than a 2 car garage if we ever wanted more cars. 2 beater cars stay outside at the moment, of course. The Zupra is a very intriguing car and has a lot of potential as far as it being a tuner car. I just can't quite get over the looks of it. Maybe I'd need to see one in person. My intention was to daily the FK8, but it didn't take long before I got a commuter car and it sat in the garage during the week and is only driven during the weekend. It wasn't as enjoyable as I assumed sitting in traffic.

Melvinspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR; 2015 Ford Flex
Country flag
I'm not doing it for resale or any other investment purposes. I have another car I daily drive and I only drive my CTR for pleasure. I don't drive it to the mall or supermarket, etc. It only comes out when I want to go for a drive. Like another poster said, I get enjoyment out of owning it. It's something I've wanted for 20 odd years. It's just a bonus that I get to drive it as well as just having it look good in my garage! lol I haven't driven it for 2 weeks, now, and I'm OK with that. Some people choose to daily their CTR, I do not. There is no right or wrong.

This guy and I are separated at birth. He captured my sentiments exactly.

eightnot8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type-R 18, Acura RSX 04
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Purchased Jan 2018, 6700 miles. I don’t drive much. Between the wife and me, we own 4 cars. I have a 04 Acura RSX that I bought brand new it’s my daily, it only has 107K miles. Work is only like 7 miles away.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Very respectable response. What's it like owning multiple cars especially in CA? We share 4 cars in the house between 2 people and find that we'd need a bigger place with more than a 2 car garage if we ever wanted more cars. 2 beater cars stay outside at the moment, of course. The Zupra is a very intriguing car and has a lot of potential as far as it being a tuner car. I just can't quite get over the looks of it. Maybe I'd need to see one in person. My intention was to daily the FK8, but it didn't take long before I got a commuter car and it sat in the garage during the week and is only driven during the weekend. It wasn't as enjoyable as I assumed sitting in traffic.
It's not very nice owning multiple cars tbh .... Doesn't help that we only have a one car garage so it's pretty brutal. CTR sits inside and the Z/ILX stays in the driveway. I would love to have a 2 car at the very minimum lol.

My original plan was that i'd drive the FK8 more to work but a 60 mile commute in the traffic down here is just not really enjoyable along with the amount of idiots driving around distracted scares me too.
Not to mention, i'd probably downgrade to a more "wear" friendly summer tire over a high grip summer tire if i was to do that. Then i might get frustrated due to the lower grip of the tires and having to have another set of tires for the track and stuff so idk lol. First world problems really.

I've recently started looking at having only two cars because as of right now, having 3 cars just isn't really worth it. (stupid CA, i paid like $1200 this year just in registration alone for the 3 cars). I can probably save some money on insurance and the registration cost by getting rid of one car.

I can't get rid of the CTR because of the practicality and being able to carry family so i looked into replacing the Z+ILX for one car. Supra had my interest because it would have the ease of being a daily like the ILX (it is an AT w/ adjustable dampening) while having a good exhaust note and maintaining the fun part of being a RWD car like the Z. I am just kind of worried about how i would feel long term by having a fun car that is automatic and driving it on a daily basis. I'd probably split the commute duties 2:3 between the two cars if i was to do that over driving one car to work though.