First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 2017 Sedan
Country flag
Hi guys:

So I’ve taken the civic si to Honda because the car was getting water on the fog lights. Turned out to be that the LED apparently (the driver side) was faulty, I changed it to a new one!

Now I have two photos here one is marked the other is not. You will see a GAP between the black part of the bumper and the for light. Now on the fog light I don’t see water but I do see humidity (mist) is inside could it be that?

You will see there passenger and driver side on the photos!

Honda Civic 10th gen Gap between bumper and fog lights C7DF0835-B4C2-460F-82B0-0C4D60C5E85E

Honda Civic 10th gen Gap between bumper and fog lights 29452ABF-CB97-4AA7-95E5-A012E88FEAED

Blacklude4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Prelude VTEC, 1990 Civic EX hatch, 2018 civic Si coupe
Country flag
Hi guys:

So I’ve taken the civic si to Honda because the car was getting water on the fog lights. Turned out to be that the LED apparently (the driver side) was faulty, I changed it to a new one!

Now I have two photos here one is marked the other is not. You will see a GAP between the black part of the bumper and the for light. Now on the fog light I don’t see water but I do see humidity (mist) is inside could it be that?

You will see there passenger and driver side on the photos!
Something is not seated correctly on the side with the gap, most likely the fog housing as it bolts directly to the bumper.

The gap itself is not your issue-if you look at the other fog water can easily pass around the foglight as it does not seal to the bumper-there is a small gap. I would double check the seals around the light socket-make sure the socket is locked in place, as well as the gasket inside is not deformed or torn. Check that you don't have any chips or cracks in the lense that may be allowing the moisture in. It could also be the factory seal between the glass lense and rear light housing...they can sometimes separate and allow a leak.

OP
OP

danny185

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Something is not seated correctly on the side with the gap, most likely the fog housing as it bolts directly to the bumper.

The gap itself is not your issue-if you look at the other fog water can easily pass around the foglight as it does not seal to the bumper-there is a small gap. I would double check the seals around the light socket-make sure the socket is locked in place, as well as the gasket inside is not deformed or torn. Check that you don't have any chips or cracks in the lense that may be allowing the moisture in. It could also be the factory seal between the glass lense and rear light housing...they can sometimes separate and allow a leak.
Yeah my friend told me the same thing he does not think that the gap is the issue with the water. Either way I changed the LED and everything is ok still some humidity but no water I’m fessing is from the blower they tried to dry off the whole fog light inside (they out it on could air).

It has been raining and no water so far!!!

OP
OP

danny185

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Have any here have the Eibach pro kit installed? I ask because I’m getting water also on the side markers (a little and on the other son humidity) this started since I got the suspension installed!!! Of course being more to the ground then of course water goes in. But this never happened on mi civic si 2013 that I had lowers also!
Sponsored