Game Console in Car

MarshX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m pretty sure most here have heard of or seen some people install PS2s in their cars. I wonder if anyone’s installed a PS4...especially in a 10th gen aha. That’d be awesome and definitely doable. I figure it’s just a matter of DIY work and messing with the stock head unit. Now that’s not to say it will be easy or forgiving. Anybody know of someone here who’s actually done it? If not, I might consider doing it!
Sponsored

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
youd have to find a way to adapt the DC in your car to AC with a plug that can handle the power requirements of the PS4 - plus where to put it, likely youd have to also find a way to connect the backup camera input to the output of the console.. i frankly see it as a massive waste with a stock head unit to get that to work but good luck

OP
OP
MarshX

MarshX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
youd have to find a way to adapt the DC in your car to AC with a plug that can handle the power requirements of the PS4 - plus where to put it, likely youd have to also find a way to connect the backup camera input to the output of the console.. i frankly see it as a massive waste with a stock head unit to get that to work but good luck
You’re right, I might have to do some research to see where it’s most viable to draw the power it needs. As far as the head unit goes, yeah it honestly would be a waste haha but assuming I can find one from a junkyard or somebody selling one for a reasonable price, I can see myself attempting to make this thought into reality. Now this “project” would need a decent excuse lol

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i honestly think you would be better off with a raspberry pi screen, as an external and find a way to mount that somewhere - would make it much easier than trying to figure out which pin to plug in where on the radio and you would have a little 4-5 / 8 inch screen to mount instead as an accessory screen

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
I've never heard about this. What would be the purpose and why would it be awesome?

OP
OP
MarshX

MarshX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've never heard about this. What would be the purpose and why would it be awesome?
That’s an excellent question! The purpose...still figuring it out aha. As of right now, for the heck of it. I am willing to put time, effort, money into it, even if the outcome or general consensus of this is negative or just mixed. It would be awesome to me. For many years I’ve been intrigued at the idea of having a playable PS2 in a car. I never sought to have one in any of my cars until now. Seeing as the PS4 is a popular console (in what’s left of its generation), I figure this sort of project would be fun to not only me but also many others out there.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
No, it's a legit project, I just meant why PS4? What could possibly be more awesome than seeing this pop up on the head unit after starting the car:

Honda Civic 10th gen Game Console in Car C2824796-2045-43F4-AE58-7A57FE7F9471

CVTsport18

Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloster N DCT
Country flag
I do vaguely remember people putting PS2s in cars. I think the innards of a PS4 make it more of a challenge. Besides the power requirement, you'd have to think about the vibrations damaging the hard drive. You could swap that for an ssd though. Didn't have to worry about that back then with memory cards.
Sponsored