Galaxy S9: "This internet connection is not stable right now" when texting using voice

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I have been getting this error when using the Android Auto Voice Command to Send a Text Message:

"This internet connection is not stable right now" or sometimes "This internet connection is not strong enough right now".

It started happening in November immediately after an OS update. I waited to the next update to see if they would fix it, but there have been 2 or 3 updates since then and none of them fix it.

I searched the internet and found only I other thread regarding this issue on Reddit and it says that it is a known issue and that Samsung needs to fix it.

Any one else have this or know how to fix it? I have tried restarting the phone, deleting Android Auto and Deleting and Reconnecting the phone on my 2016 Civic Touring. No luck.
Sponsored

OP
OP
calonzo

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I just spent an hour and half on a chat with Samsung and they could not help me. They told me to take it to a repair center to see if the software is installed correctly.

But here are a list of things we tried:
1. Clear the cache partition (This requires powering off the phone and pressing Volume Up, Bixby and Power buttons simultaneosuly to get into the Recover menu. Then choose wipe cache partition).
2. Clear the Android Auto cache (From Settings | Apps | Android Auto | Storage).
3. Uninstall Android Auto app (From Google Play Store).
4. Delete the phone from the Entertianment Center (in Settings | Smarthphone | Android Auto)
5. Disable WiFi
6. Reset network settings (in Settings | General Management | Reset | Reset Network)

The weird thing is that sometimes the first message worked. But trying it again failed.

They did mention that this has been reported before, but with no clear fix. Although some people reported that after doing all of the above, it started working after driving around for a while. But I am skeptical about that, and whether it was a permenant fix.

BigDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe, '01 Silverado
Country flag
I had that happen a few months back and it was fixed after I did the first step plus deleting the cache in the google app on the phone.

tanginaglaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Have the same problem as well with my s9. Will try the recommended fixes.