Galaxy Rider LEDGlow Interior Lighting Kit

dynamicpressure

R-00040
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R, 2016 Honda Civic EX-L 1.5T, 2014 Honda Civic EX-L, 2007 Hyundai Sonata SE
First Post.

Went in for ~36k mile maintenance on my 2014 Civic EX-L day before Christmas Eve... Left with a 2016 EX-L in the deal of a lifetime.

Cosmic Blue, I call her Galaxy Rider.

Current Modifications/Accessories
Planned Modifications/Accessories
  • Wing Spoiler (Honda, the tail end just looks unfinished to me, had deck lid spoiler on 2014)
  • HID Kit (The Retrofit Source)
  • Illuminated Door Sill (Honda)
  • 18" Wheels in Black TBD (inspired by user RallyeRed ;))
  • Windshield Tint 75% (Solar Gard)
  • Possible ECU Tuning Header/Exhaust (TBD)

These images were taken with a DSLR so the colors REALLY show up, in person the lights aren't as bright, I can drive safely with the interior lights on and have been for almost 2 years as I had them on the 2014. The blue shown in the images is really a blue green about a 90% match to the stock gauges and display.

Ohio law states that as long as the light source cannot be seen, you're okay. Easy since each of the 6 tubes are mounted under the dash/seats. Some light reflection off the interior glass, but the kit can be powered down if it effects visibility. It CANNOT be seen from outside the vehicle, I may need more pics to prove it but I've got work in the AM.

I drive Uber on Fri/Sat nights (hence the rear seat cover and all weather floor mats). Let's just say picking up a gaggle of pregamed college girls with these lights creates some memorable experiences! I intend to use the extra money to buy upgrades, plus it gives me a chance to drive this amazing car and show off a little!

I prefer these lights compared to the ones offered by Honda. They are much brighter and add more character. Single color LEDGlow kits offer dimming options so you can adjust the level of light.

If anyone has any questions on installing, let me know and I can make a DIY. ;)

Honda Civic 10th gen Galaxy Rider LEDGlow Interior Lighting Kit DSC_0314.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Galaxy Rider LEDGlow Interior Lighting Kit DSC_0335.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Galaxy Rider LEDGlow Interior Lighting Kit DSC_0338.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Galaxy Rider LEDGlow Interior Lighting Kit DSC_0340.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Galaxy Rider LEDGlow Interior Lighting Kit DSC_0329.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Galaxy Rider LEDGlow Interior Lighting Kit DSC_0328.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Galaxy Rider LEDGlow Interior Lighting Kit DSC_0325.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Galaxy Rider LEDGlow Interior Lighting Kit DSC_0326.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Galaxy Rider LEDGlow Interior Lighting Kit DSC_0320.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Galaxy Rider LEDGlow Interior Lighting Kit DSC_0318.JPG

Mistahoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 GS350, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Accord Touring
THANK YOU!! I was looking for a decent interior illumination kit. You saved me the trouble of looking for one. I have seen the Honda one and have sold it several times, yet I'm not impressed by the price tag, nor the quality that you being that it's one bulb being installed.

kered424

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX w/ Honda Sensing
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks awesome! I also want to do this for my car and would greatly appreciate a DIY. I've done this before to my previous Honda so I kinda know what I'm doing. I'm mainly interested in which wires you tapped into.
I plan on wiring the lights with the parking light circuit and another set of lights to the dome light circuit so they turn on with opening the doors.
Thanks in advance!

Luis_Vuitton_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Hey nice mod man! Just wondering though, how did you place the led light strips under the driver side dash? I have found no way to place them without interfering with something or just looking plain awful. Any help greatly appreciated man.

OP
OP
dynamicpressure

dynamicpressure

R-00040
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R, 2016 Honda Civic EX-L 1.5T, 2014 Honda Civic EX-L, 2007 Hyundai Sonata SE
Hey nice mod man! Just wondering though, how did you place the led light strips under the driver side dash? I have found no way to place them without interfering with something or just looking plain awful. Any help greatly appreciated man.
Mine are mounted with zip ties, there's the air conditioning vent as well as the left side dash molding (the tubes are flexible so mine bends a bit to fit in). Honda really did a great packaging job on the car. There is VERY little to mount to. Regardless of where you mount make sure to avoid any moving parts (Steering column, brake/gas pedals, etc.) and you should be good.

The LEDGlow video instructions say go from the drivers side to the passenger side by passing through the center column, but that's not possible on this car. I tried but I almost burned my hand trying to do it, so it was a no go for me.

The way I did it was to work backwards. Start at the passenger side under the dash, move to the front passenger seat, rear passenger seat, across the middle to the rear of the drivers seat, front of drivers seat, the finally under the drivers side dash. Tuck all your wires into the center console. No need to take the door panels off with my method. ;)

I can see this getting confusing so I'll take some picks and make a DIY ASAP.

Luis_Vuitton_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Thanks for the help man! I have temporary placed mine and ran the. Through the lower center console cable area, were the usb and power are as a temporary solution. I placed te lights but I don't like the results of mine as you can see the strips from the back row. Will try to redo it the way you suggested and see if that works better. A DIY would be greatly appreciated by not only me but probably many others :). Thanks again man!

BrandonR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Mine are mounted with zip ties, there's the air conditioning vent as well as the left side dash molding (the tubes are flexible so mine bends a bit to fit in). Honda really did a great packaging job on the car. There is VERY little to mount to. Regardless of where you mount make sure to avoid any moving parts (Steering column, brake/gas pedals, etc.) and you should be good.

The LEDGlow video instructions say go from the drivers side to the passenger side by passing through the center column, but that's not possible on this car. I tried but I almost burned my hand trying to do it, so it was a no go for me.

The way I did it was to work backwards. Start at the passenger side under the dash, move to the front passenger seat, rear passenger seat, across the middle to the rear of the drivers seat, front of drivers seat, the finally under the drivers side dash. Tuck all your wires into the center console. No need to take the door panels off with my method. ;)

Does this come with a 12v plug in? I dont really know how to hard wire anything and dont want to pay someone to do it for me lol

OP
OP
dynamicpressure

dynamicpressure

R-00040
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does this come with a 12v plug in? I dont really know how to hard wire anything and dont want to pay someone to do it for me lol
LEDGlow has several different ways of powering the kit. You can see the video here:

Go to 5:10

I used the add a circuit on my civic. I've been swamped with work/school, but it's starting to warm up so I'll take a couple pics of the installation and where my tubes are mounted to give you all an idea of how I did it.

BrandonR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
LEDGlow has several different ways of powering the kit. You can see the video here:

Go to 5:10

I used the add a circuit on my civic. I've been swamped with work/school, but it's starting to warm up so I'll take a couple pics of the installation and where my tubes are mounted to give you all an idea of how I did it.
I understand take your time man! Im debating to get either the LEDglow or autozone brand led kit nd just wanted some opinions about this!

jessgofffff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
Is there an option for brightness on these? I really like them, and I want some interior illumination in mine, but I want something pretty dim compared to how bright these are. I'm thinking something more like the light that illuminates the center console.

Namtil101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
I like your add-ons. I most of the ones you have plus a few extra. The door sill trim by Honda is tight and I like it. I have the interior ambient lighting, and it isn't too bright, which i like, but some may not. It is very subtle, even in the dark. The only thing I have been considering now are a trunk hook and new rims/tires (18's i think)

kurokitsune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Cannot wait for your DIY video for the 2016 Civic! I mean ya, you can technically just watch the videos available but having a video that is for the exact same model as your own car is just extremely helpful and makes the job so much easier!

Last edited:

kurokitsune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is there an option for brightness on these? I really like them, and I want some interior illumination in mine, but I want something pretty dim compared to how bright these are. I'm thinking something more like the light that illuminates the center console.
The factory blue interior illumination is pretty dim compared to LEDglow's kit.
That is what i have in my EX-L. Though for me, i feel its a little too subtle and might install LEDglow's interior kit later on.

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
The factory blue interior illumination is pretty dim compared to LEDglow's kit.
That is what i have in my EX-L. Though for me, i feel its a little too subtle and might install LEDglow's interior kit later on.
But is there an option for brightness? I'd love to get this instead of the factory, but my wife won't let me get something that bright lol
Sponsored