amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
I wanted to find out if Two Step Performance has made any recent updates to their Stage 1 tune, and below is the response from Corey. Basically he says that every time Ktuner makes any updates to Ktuner, we should re-flash the TSP Stage 1 tune so that we get the latest Ktuner updates

Honda Civic 10th gen FYI for those with the TSP Stage 1 tune TwoStep.JPG
Sponsored

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan (TSP stage 1) 2016 Mazda Miata Club (Brembo BBS pack)
Country flag
Doesn’t it auto update?

I have noticed that while tuned the car in 1st or second is very lurching and jerking. Almost like I’m riding a bucking bronco...anyone else have this experience?

It’s like when I let off the gas the car goes from lightspeed to normal kind of feeling (like Star Wars millennium falcon exiting lightspeed) just lightly letting of the throttle causes the jerks.

Is this normal on untuned cars as well I can’t remember?

Sorry for the semi thread highjack, I thought of this because I always wondered if an update would fix this issue or if anyone else experiences what I’m saying.(my ND Miata has a similar feeling whilst driving in first in parking lot but probably 20% of the feeling of the Civic Si)

I’m usually in second in much more situations but sometimes when creeping you have to go into first when pedestrians or cars are all over etc

Thanks

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
The Ktuner software will check for updates, but you have to download them and install it on your laptop. Than when you plug in the Ktuner to your laptop Ktuner will update to the latest firmware.

The lurching and jerking is rev hang disabled. I prefer it enabled, it is usually disabled by default when you flash your ECU with the tsp tune

JoYu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type R
Country flag
I have noticed that while tuned the car in 1st or second is very lurching and jerking...
On my tune I enable/disable revhang with the cruise control. So when at low speed I turn on cruise control to reduce the lurching. The car has lurching even with the Honda stock tune, but it is much worse with rev hang disabled.

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2005 Jeep Rubi
Country flag
blew my motor and my turbo on tsp stage 1 map 3 with only other mods being a MAP cai

bennylopez_32

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White Si Coupe
Country flag
The Ktuner software will check for updates, but you have to download them and install it on your laptop. Than when you plug in the Ktuner to your laptop Ktuner will update to the latest firmware.

The lurching and jerking is rev hang disabled. I prefer it enabled, it is usually disabled by default when you flash your ECU with the tsp tune

Doesn’t it auto update?

I have noticed that while tuned the car in 1st or second is very lurching and jerking. Almost like I’m riding a bucking bronco...anyone else have this experience?

It’s like when I let off the gas the car goes from lightspeed to normal kind of feeling (like Star Wars millennium falcon exiting lightspeed) just lightly letting of the throttle causes the jerks.

Is this normal on untuned cars as well I can’t remember?

Sorry for the semi thread highjack, I thought of this because I always wondered if an update would fix this issue or if anyone else experiences what I’m saying.(my ND Miata has a similar feeling whilst driving in first in parking lot but probably 20% of the feeling of the Civic Si)

I’m usually in second in much more situations but sometimes when creeping you have to go into first when pedestrians or cars are all over etc

Thanks

super late response for this haha but I also felt the jerky feeling, when I upgraded the rear motor mount it significantly reduced the jerky feeling so you may want to check that out
2020 si coupe
Installed a hasport 62a rmm
And using tsp stage 1 with hondata

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan (TSP stage 1) 2016 Mazda Miata Club (Brembo BBS pack)
Country flag
I have definitely gotten better with the first gear and it’s touchiness. I have to feather the throttle with surgeon type precision or else be prepared to ride the bucking bronco!

also i always drive sport mode

Crakzor

First Name
Mathanael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chevy Cruze, 2020 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have definitely gotten better with the first gear and it’s touchiness. I have to feather the throttle with surgeon type precision or else be prepared to ride the bucking bronco!

also i always drive sport mode
Def feels smoother in sport mode and I’m always on map 1

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si. 2006 bmw 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
blew my motor and my turbo on tsp stage 1 map 3 with only other mods being a MAP cai
MAP specifically says on the site not to use the intake with other tunes.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
MAP specifically says on the site not to use the intake with other tunes.
Very interesting! This is not surprising as cars that are not tuned for this intake often show a lean condition outside of closed loop operation while using it.

Honda Civic 10th gen FYI for those with the TSP Stage 1 tune 1600056750572
Sponsored