MarcusgibbS

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8 2000 EM1
Country flag
Hey guys not sure if any of you ordered and are still waiting for inlet pipes from prl, I placed order 4/4 said eta mid may, now mid July.

I know their website currently says 6/16.

Hopefully Mishi gets something out quick too from their new developments
Sponsored

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Hey guys not sure if any of you ordered and are still waiting for inlet pipes from prl, I placed order 4/4 said eta mid may, now mid July.

I know their website currently says 6/16.

Hopefully Mishi gets something out quick too from their new developments
Thats the way it goes.

Also I HIGHLY doubt the Mishi is going to be Ti.

OP
OP
MarcusgibbS

MarcusgibbS

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8 2000 EM1
Country flag
Thats the way it goes.

Also I HIGHLY doubt the Mishi is going to be Ti.
I started this to inform others....
I ordered early expecting this to happen. I work within the manufacturing industry and material shortage is a real thing.

Either way I’m sure whatever they do will be competitive with most others which may be why they waited.
plus I do enjoy their products as well

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I started this to inform others....
I ordered early expecting this to happen. I work within the manufacturing industry and material shortage is a real thing.

Either way I’m sure whatever they do will be competitive with most others which may be why they waited.
plus I do enjoy their products as well
You seem a little hostile there bud, everything ok?

And nothing Mishi has released regarding this inlet has indicated that they will be making it out of titanium. If they were to use that material, the cost would be up there with the Rampage, which makes a phenomenal product. Being late to the game isn't going to help them sell parts.

Form, fit, function and price, the PRL is the hands down obvious choice, and I can't see what Mishimoto is going to be able to do to change that.

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Inlet pipes from PRL have been on perpetual backorder for almost a year now. :cry:

They release a batch, it's gone within a few days.

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Inlet pipes from PRL have been on perpetual backorder for almost a year now. :cry:

They release a batch, it's gone within a few days.
Shit, basically since they came out. Its not even like they release a batch at a time. It's more like they get enough material to fulfil all the backorders, get a few out to a select group of retailers, and star the process over again.

OP
OP
MarcusgibbS

MarcusgibbS

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8 2000 EM1
Country flag
It’s really no different than the ps5, Xbox and graphic cards supply issue

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
Though we keep rolling the ETA/ESD back, we have still been fulfilling orders in batches whenever possible. Yes, we sell to the end consumer, but we also sell to many stocking Dealers. All orders are fulfilled chronologically, so while we may fulfill individual orders, stocking orders of 5, 10, 20, 50, etc to Dealers/Distributors are getting fulfilled in line as well, which uses product fast. It may be worth checking if any Dealers have these in stock.

Basically these sold MUCH faster than anticipated immediately upon release, and the sales just keep coming. Because of this, this product has seemingly been on constant back-order and treated like 'batch quantity" item (though we are working to have these in stock). The supply chain and welders just couldn't keep up. It has been a struggle receiving Titanium (and sometimes castings) in a timely manner due to the current crippled supply chain. The next delay/issue becomes making sure the tubing pass QC and meets our standards. Titanium tubing is typically used for exhaust systems or industrial, so minor marks or nicks from the mill are common, even after polishing or brushing. The FK8 community expects flawless/near-flawless aesthetics, so we have to reject quite a few pieces and take special measures to ensure our tubing meets the community's expectations. Because of this, we are usually forced to ship these in batches of 50-60 at a time whenever materials are ready and inspected. All of our products are carefully inspected by hand before shipping.

We apologize that our fulfilment dates have been pushed back. Just know that our entire team has been working hard to reduce lead-times and fulfill any orders whenever possible. Currently, we have another batch of 500 Inlet Pipes worth of material in que and scheduled to be delivering in a few weeks.

OP
OP
MarcusgibbS

MarcusgibbS

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8 2000 EM1
Country flag
Though we keep rolling the ETA/ESD back, we have still been fulfilling orders in batches whenever possible. Yes, we sell to the end consumer, but we also sell to many stocking Dealers. All orders are fulfilled chronologically, so while we may fulfill individual orders, stocking orders of 5, 10, 20, 50, etc to Dealers/Distributors are getting fulfilled in line as well, which uses product fast. It may be worth checking if any Dealers have these in stock.

Basically these sold MUCH faster than anticipated immediately upon release, and the sales just keep coming. Because of this, this product has seemingly been on constant back-order and treated like 'batch quantity" item (though we are working to have these in stock). The supply chain and welders just couldn't keep up. It has been a struggle receiving Titanium (and sometimes castings) in a timely manner due to the current crippled supply chain. The next delay/issue becomes making sure the tubing pass QC and meets our standards. Titanium tubing is typically used for exhaust systems or industrial, so minor marks or nicks from the mill are common, even after polishing or brushing. The FK8 community expects flawless/near-flawless aesthetics, so we have to reject quite a few pieces and take special measures to ensure our tubing meets the community's expectations. Because of this, we are usually forced to ship these in batches of 50-60 at a time whenever materials are ready and inspected. All of our products are carefully inspected by hand before shipping.

We apologize that our fulfilment dates have been pushed back. Just know that our entire team has been working hard to reduce lead-times and fulfill any orders whenever possible. Currently, we have another batch of 500 Inlet Pipes worth of material in que and scheduled to be delivering in a few weeks.
No doubt you guys will catch up. If you cannot rework these aesthetic defects and scrap parts due to it perhaps testing the marked for class b parts may be worth it
Sponsored