BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Do you have a single mass flywheel or dual mass flywheel? I have an FX300 and the car does the same thing. I have a SMF so to prevent as much shaking, I have to lift the clutch up very slowly and ride it to about 7 mph
I think it said somewhere he has the stock DMF
Sponsored

Blitted_Master

First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe (SOLD)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Begin to release clutch with higher revs. You'll get the hang of it and also the chatter should diminish as it breaks in. I have an unsprung FX400.

k33pup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I had fx350 with stock dmf for 20k miles before it started slipping. Shudder/chatter was terrible on take off, after everything was up to operating temps. Pedal adjustments didnt help me... unfortunately.

Best take off method for me, was let clutch out slowly without throttle, or blip throttle and let out quickly on decel

Good luck

OP
OP

Gagerr

Energy green ;)
First Name
Gage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So thankful for everyone posting and glad to know I'm not the only one. Here's a question for you guys, should I go out on a limb at get the CMC, a SMF, delay valve delete, and SS line? Or should I focus on a new clutch that wouldn't need so many potentially pointless supporting mods? I'm glad you talked about it being even worse at operating temperatures. I talked with CM and they said oh it's because the material is grabbing better when it's hot. Makes sense. But this isn't typical clutch chatter. On a cold morning I can finesse the pedal to minimize the insane shaking jerking starts. I can't say I've tried the no throttle method but I have been playing with the "blip to 2k, let it barely bite for a second, blip again, release clutch the rest of the way smooth and swiftly." Works a little bit but will take more practice. Why doeS IT NOT FEEL LIKE THE FIRST FEW DAYS! IT FELT SOOOOO GOOD DAY 1-3 NOW ITS MISERABLE LOL

Someone is going to read this and think I'm over exaggerating. Boys, it feels like my damn transmission is trying to rip itself off. The best way to describe the feeling is like RIDICULOUSLY hard wheel hop but you're going 3 miles an hour and the clutch isnt even engaged fully.

M@sek824

First Name
Wilmar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan
Country flag
Happened to me as well, but after the break in period and switching to amsoil mtf clutch feels close to stock. I only get chatter after excessive stop and go driving

Lagos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
Give it more time to break in!
Aftermarket clutches can be pretty brutal for the first few hundred miles.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Give it more time to break in!
Aftermarket clutches can be pretty brutal for the first few hundred miles.
I would recommend this and staying on top of the adjustment. If you are still unhappy with it after a couple of thousand miles, maybe consider an upgraded CMC. The factory clutch is so ridiculously light it is also a shock to your system trying to adjust to the new clutch.

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
That factory dual mass is probably adding to this. Look up how a dual mass flywheel operates and imagine applying a sticky skippy clutch pressure plate.

You need to rev higher and be fairly aggressive on take off for a smoother take off when using a more grabby clutch

CLnet2014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 2018 Coupe
Country flag
Hello,

Mine did the same at the beginning.

After the break in period, i went to my garage and my mechanic who did the install re-ajust the clutch pedal.

Its now nearly perfect , i also only get chatter after excessive stop and go driving, and when it happen, its very little.

I also run the stock dual mass.

Regards,

Veradian

First Name
Coleman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Just figured I'd chime in since I have an FX350 w/ SMF and used to have this problem all the time. What works for me is smooth but relatively quick with clutch out:throttle in. I usually have to rev to about 1500-2000 (closer to 2000) and then quickly (but not dumping) releasing the clutch. It took some practice but I chatter very rarely now.
Sponsored