First Name
Gage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does it starting in 1st and reverse. Is this the usual chatter that comes with the fx350?? It is soooo bad. Normal driving/shifting/downshifting is all perfect, just getting started in 1st or reverse it does this horrible chatter. Whole car shakes and I can feel the engine shaking bad. No chatter with turning on a/c.

3rd take off is the bad one
Sponsored

OP
OP

Gagerr

Energy green ;)
First Name
Gage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Like the whole car shakes? The steering wheel shakes hard when it happens.

How long have you had your clutch in?

TranceFC1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Manual
Country flag
Like the whole car shakes? The steering wheel shakes hard when it happens.

How long have you had your clutch in?
The whole motor shakes when taking off in first. Happens almost every time. I've had my clutch for about 5 months around 10k miles. Been wanting to change it but don't have the funds for another clutch job.

OP
OP

Gagerr

Energy green ;)
First Name
Gage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes my whole engine shakes hard. I've noticed if I slip higher rpms, around 2k, it doesn't do it as much. Yours has been doing it for 10k miles???? I can't do that man. That is notttt good news to me
@360glitch chime in, I know you have the 350 as well, right?

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes my whole engine shakes hard. I've noticed if I slip higher rpms, around 2k, it doesn't do it as much. Yours has been doing it for 10k miles???? I can't do that man. That is notttt good news to me
@360glitch chime in, I know you have the 350 as well, right?
Had the FX350 in my Sport Hatch a long time. It did not engage smoothly very often. Many users report experiences much worse than mine. That being said, it is not a clutch I would recommend. Hopefully once it breaks in and you get more used to the clutch, it will get better for you. Make sure your pedal is adjusted properly.

OP
OP

Gagerr

Energy green ;)
First Name
Gage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Had the FX350 in my Sport Hatch a long time. It did not engage smoothly very often. Many users report experiences much worse than mine. That being said, it is not a clutch I would recommend. Hopefully once it breaks in and you get more used to the clutch, it will get better for you. Make sure your pedal is adjusted properly.
I was told I should wait until after break in to adjust, it literally drove flawlessly for the first 50-60 miles. Then again those we're all cold miles. Today was the first day I was able to get the car warm and actually drive it. The clutch engagement started off very low right after install but it still would fully disengage on fully depressed. Now it feels like the clutch is engaging at about half throw. Very close to stock imo. And the engagement is soooo so so so so bad. Sometimes it feels decent but I don't know what I'm doing differently in those cases. Like I said, if I blip the throttle around 2k it feels decent. But all the way up until today I would do the usual 12-1400 rpm starts with zero issue. It felt super smooth all the way out. Shifting and downshifting still feels great.
At about 100 miles on break in

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was told I should wait until after break in to adjust, it literally drove flawlessly for the first 50-60 miles. Then again those we're all cold miles. Today was the first day I was able to get the car warm and actually drive it. The clutch engagement started off very low right after install but it still would fully disengage on fully depressed. Now it feels like the clutch is engaging at about half throw. Very close to stock imo. And the engagement is soooo so so so so bad. Sometimes it feels decent but I don't know what I'm doing differently in those cases. Like I said, if I blip the throttle around 2k it feels decent. But all the way up until today I would do the usual 12-1400 rpm starts with zero issue. It felt super smooth all the way out. Shifting and downshifting still feels great.
At about 100 miles on break in
You can count on having to adjust it several times as it breaks in. I would adjust now and then do it again when and if you decide it needs it.

OP
OP

Gagerr

Energy green ;)
First Name
Gage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You can count on having to adjust it several times as it breaks in. I would adjust now and then do it again when and if you decide it needs it.
I'll look into it. I'm starting to think my rear motor mount may not be connected. Like it was forgotten when reassembling. Can you see your rear motor mount next to your front pipe if you look straight down behind your engine? I don't have a jack but looking straight down the back of the engine to the front pipe I don't see anything there.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
I'll look into it. I'm starting to think my rear motor mount may not be connected. Like it was forgotten when reassembling. Can you see your rear motor mount next to your front pipe if you look straight down behind your engine? I don't have a jack but looking straight down the back of the engine to the front pipe I don't see anything there.
Yes you can see it from there

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Give it more gas when you need a faster take off or learn how to modulate the pedal for smooth engagements when you are able to roll out slowly. You will get the hang of avoiding the chatter, it is pretty normal due to the DMF though and stronger clutch. The biggest thing that helped reduce it for me was the modded FK8 CMC from Eman at NAPerformance. This guy here makes a big improvement but it will still chatter: https://www.naperformanceftw.com/kzcmc/kzcmc-clutch-master-for-honda-civic

luigi2120

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Do you have a single mass flywheel or dual mass flywheel? I have an FX300 and the car does the same thing. I have a SMF so to prevent as much shaking, I have to lift the clutch up very slowly and ride it to about 7 mph
Sponsored