stickshiftnewbie

First Name
Phel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen SI
Country flag
Just wanna ask, cause i’m planning to get a new clutch soon, which is more reliable? The fx250 with smf or the CTR retrofit from eman? Thanks
Sponsored

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Type R retrofit is as reliable as the OEM Type R setup....cuz that’s what it is. I have not heard of any Type R owners complain about any clutch issues, even with 400-450 wtq. I’ve heard that some CM clutches are wearing out after 20-30k. I personally went with the Type R retro, because I wanted the clutch replacement to be once and done. I’m not sure how long it will last, but, with proper driving, I’m hoping as long as I have the car, which will be quite a long time.

DJayG3

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Type R retrofit is as reliable as the OEM Type R setup....cuz that’s what it is. I have not heard of any Type R owners complain about any clutch issues, even with 400-450 wtq. I’ve heard that some CM clutches are wearing out after 20-30k. I personally went with the Type R retro, because I wanted the clutch replacement to be once and done. I’m not sure how long it will last, but, with proper driving, I’m hoping as long as I have the car, which will be quite a long time.
Did you buy a factory new CTR clutch? Were there any hangups with the retrofit that we should be made aware of? I'm planning a new clutch too and have yet to see someone who did this. Does it literally just drop in?

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you buy a factory new CTR clutch? Were there any hangups with the retrofit that we should be made aware of? I'm planning a new clutch too and have yet to see someone who did this. Does it literally just drop in?
The only person who successfully does this currently is @k20z3allmotor. You have to ship him your OEM dual mass flywheel and he part of it to the OEM Type R flywheel. Then he sends you the clutch/flywheel combo. It is all OEM parts.

caspar21

2018 Civic Si
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
been using a fx300 with stock flywheel for 30k. i drive it but i don't abuse it.
no problems once i got used to driving it and figured out how to adjust it.

it is much cheaper than ctr refit but does not have the stock feel.

James3spearchucker

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
been using a fx300 with stock flywheel for 30k. i drive it but i don't abuse it.
no problems once i got used to driving it and figured out how to adjust it.

it is much cheaper than ctr refit but does not have the stock feel.
Sorry I know this is an older thread but can you tell me what the feel of your clutch is like compared to the stock one?