Future hatchbacks

Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Does anyone think Honda might release more trims for Canada in the future?
I want all the features the sport offers but I don't want to have to fill my car with premium gas. Is it possible they might release a hatchback with the push button start and sunroof that isn't the sport/retune the sport's engine so that it doesn't require premium gas?
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Acura Manual Transmission + Nav + Heated Leather
Country flag
As far as I know, USA and Canada are both slated to release the highest trim level sport touring in 2017. The difference here is that Canada gets a manual transmission while USA only gets CVT. This is a big dealbreaker for some of us because there's no where else you can get a Start button + leather interior + sunroof + LED headlights + navigation combo along with a manual, at least here in the states. And manual plus navi always seem to never be a pair here, or at least very difficult to find as non aftermarket inclusion.

But rumor has it that the upcoming SI sedan and coupe will offer all these amenities on their highest SI trim level (most likely minus the leather). It may seem petty, but I'm looking for a manual transmission with the LED headlights + navigation + push start button and if the SI includes them I might go for the sedan. But if the upcoming Type-R hatchback has them, I might reconsider. And as far as premium gas, I think it's not required but recommended, which implies it's not necessary so that shouldn't be too much of a problem. But most likely the Type-R will require it. It'll be a tough choice when these two come out!

OP
OP

Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Thanks for your input, my only concern is when people mentioned that the manual says "engine knocking" might occur. I don't know if that's just a blanket statement for them to cover their bases, or if it actually might happen and what effects that would have on the engine over the long run.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Thanks for your input, my only concern is when people mentioned that the manual says "engine knocking" might occur. I don't know if that's just a blanket statement for them to cover their bases, or if it actually might happen and what effects that would have on the engine over the long run.
It's to avoid liability yes so when and if the engine grenades at one point, they'll attribute the failure to your neglect of using regular fuel.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
It's to avoid liability yes so when and if the engine grenades at one point, they'll attribute the failure to your neglect of using regular fuel.
They don't have a chance in hell of proving that one.
Sponsored